Depart USPS Sort Facility, January 20, 2012, NORFOLK, VA
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility, January 20, 2012, 2:50 am, NORFOLK, VA

Waiting, waiting, waiting......

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
So he left it in the mailbox rather than bringing it to my door like usual.

It looks a bit funny with the ego mega atty I slapped on there, but that's what I had close to hand, and was in a hurry to try it out. Will update a bit later as to my first opinions. When I opened the box though, I was amazed at how small it is. I was expecting larger for some reason.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
Took some pictures, total of 10 in two posts. I think it looks best with the 3.5 ml tank, the 6 ml tank looks a little awkward, and anyway who needs to carry nearly 2 days worth of juice around.

Attachments

• IPRO-01.jpg
    IPRO-01.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IPRO-02.jpg
    IPRO-02.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IPRO-03.jpg
    IPRO-03.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IPRO-04.jpg
    IPRO-04.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IPRO-05.jpg
    IPRO-05.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 84

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
I have only played with the voltage a little bit. Mostly I just found a good spot and left it there. I'm about 1/2 way between the yellow and red. Running on a boge 2.7ohm carto with peppermint juice.

A few observations:

It would be nice if the connection was just a wee bit taller, to fit an ego mega atty. It does look a little silly on there with the adapter, because there is a gap before the big flare of the bottom of the ego atty. I'm going to use my ego megas anyway, because I have 7, and I don't need that many for backups.

The purple is a really nice color. Under the reflection of a light, it's almost pink. A blue-purple would have been nice too, but I like this color just fine. I really like almost all shades of purple, so there's no complaints.

With a boge carto on there, the ipro is about an inch longer than an ego with mega atty, in case anyone was wondering. My hand is about 7 - 7 1/2 inches long, and it's the length of my hand, from tip of the carto, to the bottom cap.

It fits nicely in my hand. It feels a bit large, but I'm sure I will be used to it in no time. It's really only a tiny bit fatter than the ego I was used to. (i'd guess somewhere around the diameter of a nickel?) It's also lighter than I expected. Roughly the weight of 2 egos. It does feel sturdy and well built though.

The voltage is set about halfway between the yellow and red (on this crappy boge carto) and I am getting a stronger TH and about the same as, or more vapor, than I did on the ego. 3 second draw on the ipro, as opposed the a 5-6 second draw on the ego. The vapor actually feels warm in my mouth, and combined with the TH, is much more satisfying.

This is *seriously* rockin those cruddy cartos. I would have thrown them away, they were so bad, but I kept them for emergency spares in case all of my attys died. I definately see me getting use out of them now though!

The flavor of my juice is also improved. My normal peppermint is very minty now. All in all, I'm very much in love. It is spectacular! Once my husband gets over his aversion to larger PVs, I can see him wanting either an ipro or a buzz. It would definately solve the issues he is having converting full time to vaping.

Also, I can see the problems that people have with picking their button. It's nice and soft, and begs to be picked at.

I am wondering about the plastic threads on the bottom cap though. It seems like they would get stripped over time, and it kindof worries me. Especially with my darling children who like to sneak into my stuff and twist things that are twistable.

Now a couple questions I have thought of. How long does it take to charge the batteries from totally dead? Should I be turning it off after every vape, or does having it on all the time not significantly affect battery life? Once out of warranty, will I be able to send it in for repairs if necessary?

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
I also see a problem with the plastic threads, although I do understand their purpose to allow the cap to be used as a shutoff. Think it would be better if their were more threads, but that is just a thought, not sure if it would make a difference.

Charge time on the batteries would be interesting. Also curious if that TR-001 charger shuts off when the batteries are full. I am one of the 7-10% of men who are red-green colorblind and this is a colorblind unfriendly device.

It is working well also with 1.5 dc cartos. While this isn't the ideal carto for IPro, I have 20 of them and so its good to find out they work great. Honestly I can't tell the difference between the 1.5 and 2.5 once the V is adjusted, but I imagine that the LR will die quicker.

The banana cream flavor I have tastes much more like banana than on the ego. In fact I will have to revisit all those fruit flavors that I thought were totally nasty. I always wanted to have strawberry or raspberry that tastes like berry without the flavor dying after vaping for 10 minutes. I don't know if this will change but I'll have to test it.

I noticed the thing about the connection too, I would rather it be longer for ego stuff, or totally eliminated so that a carto tank would .... right against the body of the device. I don't see the point of being in between. I would like a sleeve (or a reverse cone?) that went over it to get rid of the gap between a tank and the body. This mainly to lessen the chance of knocking the tank off the carto when sticking the IPro in my pocket, but also for asthetics. With the ego I have one that threads onto the external threads on the ego battery. This is just nitpicking, overall I think the design is great.

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
Congrats, you made a fine purchase. I'm sure you will be very satisfied. Provari's are nice I'm sure but if you don't need the display, and aren't into button clicking then the I Pro will be fine for you.

The clicking thought is why I got a Buzz Pro. I was going to get the ipro, but found a buzz on sale and went that way instead.

also the tip on the red/blue light is nice. I never bothered, because mine only gets set down for the time I sleep, and matteries are replaced daily.

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Just got back from over at my friends. Got to vape for a while on a Buzz Pro and an Infinity Pro. Both are awesome. The one thing that really stood out to me was the warmth of the vapor, even at lower settings. My buddy is using some 2.5 ohm DC cartos we found at avidvaper. They are really nice.

Just out of curiosity, I threw one of my LR Fusions on the Buzz, and it didn't react well smack between yellow and red. Real burny flavor. The burnt taste didn't hang around, but the carto isn't giving me great flavor anymore. I'm not sure how people use LR hardware on these.

Cant wait to order mine, and my friend is absolutely delighted with it. Hasn't smoked a cigarette in 24 hours.

kempo63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Stockton, CA
militaryyearbookproject.com
Just out of curiosity, I threw one of my LR Fusions on the Buzz, and it didn't react well smack between yellow and red. Real burny flavor. The burnt taste didn't hang around, but the carto isn't giving me great flavor anymore. I'm not sure how people use LR hardware on these.

I agree with ya on the LR Fusions. Isaac was out of the Reg. Fusions a couple of orders back so I got some LR. I had to keep it below the yellow mark or I got a close to burning flavor on every juice.

I would imagine the filler is the same as the reg. cartos, so it could only be the resistance.

Reg. Fusions seem to last longer anyway for me. I've put about 12 ml's through the current one and still going like day one.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
It's perfectly ok to leave your Pro on, the red light doesn't use enough batt power to worry about.

It takes about 3 hours for the batteries to fully charge. Your charger lights may turn green before 3 hours, but it's fine to leave them in the TR-001 charger overnight...it goes to a trickle charge once the batts are fully ready.

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Hope you are making out well with your I Pro Anna.

I just figured I'd post that I just ordered my Buzz Pro, so you guys don't need to listen to me wimper about saving for it any more. I have a friend that owns a small business, and needs to go out of town for a few days, so I'm going to help him out and watch the place for 4 or 5 days. I'm a little stressed about it, so I figured I better end this week with something good before starting the new one.

Root Beer with Brass. I'm going steampunk baby! At some point if I can find a cool bitmap picture of some gears or some such, I may reluctantly return it to Mike at some point for laser engraving. My wife suggested I simply get it engraved with one word...

"Sweetness"

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread