Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I have some time off, need some polishing done?
I could have buffed the aluminum much brighter with my edge wheel buffer and 2 to 3 stages of bar rouge. The finish would be impossibly deep, and warm. But it would need to be done before the tube is filled to get that high quality finish. The alluminum oxidizes easily though, but a small dab of "Mothers" should snap it right back to bright again.

mixitman

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
VA
This looks pretty darn sweet!

I thought about shining one up, and then putting a flame through the middle to heat it up to give it that rainbow color like a motorcycle tailpipe :D Dunno if aluminum would do that though.

small pic but you get the idea..
w-ohm-172.jpg

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Not if you sand it with dry sand paper. Both ends can be removed so any stray particles are easy to remove. I suppose if you wet sanded it could be a problem. Direct any concerns to notcigs.com before you decide to use any runny, watery, liquids during sanding.
I started off with 400 grit and it barely marked it, but 120 fiber backed paper finally cut the surface down. Even that took over 2 hours to completely cut through the top surface. From there I used finer and finer grit. It turned out pretty bright. The camera kind of shows some etching. I would like to buff it with black, then brown, and finally white bar rouge. That would remove any final scuffing and oxidation. It would glisten like fine metal after that.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
DO NOT wash it in water that is an immediate WARRANTY VOID !!

for the customs we can send you the tube for finishing with instructions on what NOT TO DO .

1. do not finish the internal threads ! these are the electrical contact for the voltage they must be bare.
2. clean it , I dont want to clean it up for you ( I can do it of course but that is a $ 50 fee LOL !!! )
3. be nice and make my life easy then buy me a beer !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread