Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
that's what i did with portions double that size

These days I do one click on a 3 mm icetool. It's about 3/4 gram so between a mini and a regular. That's all I seem to need as I am not feeling deficient on the vitamin N. It's also more discreet with the smaller portion. Of course the nice thing about rolling your own is you can do any size you want.

I'm way too lazy for that. It is a good way to save though.

With an ice tool it takes me a few minutes to roll a days worth. I have the tea bags precut that I store in an old snus can. It's really no work at all. I can save lots of money. I get over 50 portions out of a 42 gram can of loose.

Tasty stuff to. Don't know why but RYO portions always taste better for me then the pre made portions.

iamtumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
dip.jpg i'm also rolling some dip pouches right now... a nice little mix of kodiak mint and copenhagen straight, that's a full size teabag by the way, a nice monstrous wake up lip to go with my morning run.

Last edited:

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Smarty pants!:p

Stubby, I did wonder if you get any of the taste from the tea?

There is no flavor that I can pick up from the tea bags. Lipton is kind of a cheapo tea and is very dry. The boxes are wrapped in plastic and so when I open a new box of the tea bags I get a strong smell of tea. When I air it out for a few days the smell is essentially gone.

By the time I cut up the bags and make snus portions I do get a very slight tea smell on the sheets but it is very slight and I have never noticed it affecting the taste of the portions. If it does it's a nice taste,

Toque, the nasal snuff maker, is working on a snus product that they are trying to get on the market by late 2012 or early 2013. At the moment the latest word is that they have a few flavors ready to go but are working through the legal jungle of bringing a new tobacco product on the market. They are just going to do loose to start with as it's easier then portions. He put out a request over at snuson for ideas on self sealing bags.

I tried to get him into the idea of just selling sheets of snus portion material and axe the self sealing as it just to complicated. Don't' know how successful I was but it would be nice if someone did it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread