SnusX Bucket - bulk snus, add your own flavours (formerly 'Make your own snus')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
I sent DVap a 20 pkg of StoneWall to test.
He reported that they do indeed contain the WTA, but you'd need to use 20-30 a day.
OK...1/2 of one will deliver the nic so fast I get the niccups.
I love StoneWalls, so for a nic fix they are great, but I cannot possibly do that many to get the WTA.
I can get better relief from a Thunder Frosted in the first 1/2 - 1 hr and then go on for the day.

My routine(needs), just start the day with a extra strong snus and from there,,,,keep the balance for the rest of the day.
If I change that routine,,,,,,,I'm playing catchup all day long.
If that starts to not work, I keep the same routine and totally swap out flavors for every usage I'm doing and that seems to trick me in to a re-leveling.

Others may find diff solutions depending on what their system is requiring.

tattooer601

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
mississippi
thanks for the advice V...
I believe I am, in the same boat....WTA wise.
I need a jump-start, and then a regulated flow.

Really strange to me how the cigarettes have tricked me into thinking I only needed nic.
Im gonna nee the WTA to be regulated to a certain extent as-well.

I think Im gonna need a Snus bucket.....:p

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Ok, for the people on the line abt ordering the SnusX buckets and have concerns storing them...
I emailed V2 and finally got an answer. It was abt storage temp , unopened vs the expiration date.
Here is the response and a good one!

"Hi

Since it is dry portion it do not need to be refrigerated.
A place not to warm and not in the sun is best.

Med venlig hilsen / Regards

V2 tobacco A/S

Patrick Vogel
V2 Tobacco - snus manufacturer "

So, with a little consideration an unopened bucket can be left in a closet, basement where it doesn't get hot it's good till the date. No freezing. Freezing should actually extend that date, but that would be each ones own choice. :thumbs:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    V, I too have found that I am doing better with a strong portion first in the morning. I have been starting my mornings with a t-bomb. It really does the trick for me. I am also using less portions doing this. I now am using two portions before lunch, two after lunch, and then one or two after I get home. I also started using a 12mg portion after lunch. That is the only meal that really leaves me craving something afterwards. I must have a fairly high tolerance to nicotine as along with the portions I am also using snuff and 24 and 30mg liquid. Sorry, I didn't mean to get the thread off topic.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 23, 2009
    Away..
    Well, snus delivers whats missing.
    For me , I just prefer to go big in the morning and then regulate the rest of the day.
    We dont have anything as fast in as an analog so it makes sense to go hard right off to simulate as close as possible.

My theory anyway....................lol

I was just happy with the no freezer or fridge reply to meet the expiration date. Saves a lot of hassle and not guessing coming from Patrick.

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2008
    Port Charlotte, FL USA
    I continue to enjoy my SnusX bucket. I've abandoned all flavorings and just go with a soak in Stevia water, followed by an air dry under a fan. Then they chill and await.

FYI: Star Scientific has a backlog of orders and shortage of Java Stonewall. I'm bent out of shape, having to use Wintergreen,

You want fast nicotine in an oral dose? Oliver Twist. These were my craving-relievers. But they've gotten so expensive that I no longer order them. Still, they are whole tobacco and they are quick to the brain! Stick one between cheek and gum and feel the hit.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    Here is the response and a good one!

"Hi

Since it is dry portion it do not need to be refrigerated.
    A place not to warm and not in the sun is best.

Med venlig hilsen / Regards

V2 Tobacco A/S

Patrick Vogel
    V2 Tobacco - snus manufacturer "

V, this is great news. My snus fridge is packed and I don't have room for all my hoard so I've been eyeballing my buckets to see if I could condense 'em for more room. The removal of 3, count 'em, 3 buckets will be of good benefit ;-). Thanks for sharing that reply. It only took...what, 3 months??

You want fast nicotine in an oral dose? Oliver Twist. These were my craving-relievers. But they've gotten so expensive that I no longer order them. Still, they are whole tobacco and they are quick to the brain! Stick one between cheek and gum and feel the hit.

They work very efficiently, don't they. But the tins I have is all I'll ever have. Just too expensive to use on any regular basis.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hey guys, I wanna let ya know that Northerer no longer has Snus buckets at their US warehouse.
    I tried to order 2, when I got to shipping, they kicked them out of my cart:evil:........just a heads up.......

Ditto on that from me. I was doing my last minute shopping and thought I did something wrong so I re-entered it into my order.

There was a message at the top of the screen saying they were removed, but not explaining why. Looks like it's not going to be available in the US. As I recall, they use to have it in the US warehouse, but not this time. Guess I waited too long. Ordered rolls of Oden and Catch out of disappointment. :cool:

Vaporer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 23, 2009
    Away..
    Wow, sorry to hear that guys. We had discussed the 15th as a last order date. Just guessing of course. I kinda figured there might be a run on stuff late. That's why I pulled the trigger on my snuff order while it was still showing yesterday even though there are more sales to be posted. I was afraid it wouldn't be there come Wed. This is later than I planned on ordering anyway. Hopefully it will show back up, just an out of stock thing, but its a hard call right now on all the fallout. Can you get a Swedish warehouse shipping UPS? That could still make it before July1.
    Next week is gonna be uglier I'm afraid.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 23, 2009
    Away..
    I just looked at Northeners site. Its listed, but they removed the flag for the US warehouse shipping. If I remember right someone said Swedish shipments were to stop to the US on a certain date. It was before Tobacco Markets June 23rd drop dead date for orders. What it comes down to is that it can't be in the USPS mail after the 1st of July.
    Has to arrive before then. Northener removed USPS shipping a couple weeks ago as an option. UPS was all they had. UPS can deliver after the 1st, sig will be required so I dont see why you couldnt order now from Sweden, ship UPS, if it with in reason.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 23, 2009
    Away..
    I answered one part in the Under your Nose Thread.
    If they are willing to ship, UPS is the only "approved" deliverer after July1. sig will be required of someone 18yrs or up.
    No, thats not cheating.
    I did remember reading that manufacturers out of the US would need to register each product.
    That would be the only hold up I can see. Other than what the final cost increase and higher shipping due to UPS, but it still makes it available & deliverable.
    Larger orders will probably in order to justify it all.
    The larger the order the better the savings on shipping.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 23, 2009
    Away..
    That seems to be the best with the SnusX or any homemade snus.
    After adding flavoring, 2-3 days seems to be the maturing point.
    If you added the flavorless liquid as I described, it should be the same.
    2 drops on each side and let it sit at least overnight.
    You won't unfortunately get the MAOI's but if the nic is what you are looking for, it will deliver and taste no dif other than VG being sweeter.

tattooer601

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2010
    mississippi
    Why would I not get the MAOI???......this is the reason for the snus tins, and buckets....
    Please inform me....

That seems to be the best with the SnusX or any homemade snus.
    After adding flavoring, 2-3 days seems to be the maturing point.
    If you added the flavorless liquid as I described, it should be the same.
    2 drops on each side and let it sit at least overnight.
    You won't unfortunately get the MAOI's but if the nic is what you are looking for, it will deliver and taste no dif other than VG being sweeter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread