SnusX Bucket - bulk snus, add your own flavours (formerly 'Make your own snus')

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I still have not received the roll I ordered from swedishsnus.com. They charged me for swedish post so I am assuming it will come in the mail and not UPS. I am thinking that I will get charged some additional fees now if it even ever gets here. I probably should have gotten one or two of the buckets while I could but for some reason didn't. Oh well I still have enough to last for more than a year. If I snus as little as I did yesterday then I may have enough for two.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 23, 2009
    Away..
    Yea, Swedish Post is transferred to USPS at customs, just like Royal Mail is from the UK.
    Legally hitt it shouldn't come USPS. I still think some stretched the deadline, maybe they didn't fully understand it. I'd think they would have to notify you if any charges were added for approval.
    Northener had so much going on abt a month pre PACTCRAP it was hard to keep up with and their site had errors then. They really jumped the gun on a lot of stuff.
    I wasn't happy with that database on history either. I could have easily seen if they duped an order of mine by accident or not.
    If they did and I do find 2 extra buckets I'll put them up for sale most likely. It will be a "family" sale, lurkers will not be considered. Maybe not, it's not like it broke me ordering it. As the Chinese say, " No tickie, No laundry" :laugh:

I'm well stocked on stink eye :lol: ................. so it makes little diff.

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2009
    UK
    Hi guys & gals,

wan't too sure whether to put this here or in the newer 'Snus X' thread.....

Just been 'notified' of another supplier of bulk snus packs,
    D7.se - Störst på Skämt och Present, who I've bought empty snus pouches from before.

Thought it might be interest a few on here, maybe not, don't know if they ship to USA or not,
    or what postage cost would be.

The below is from Google-translating the Swedish website text,
    (I'm pretty sure by 'Snuff' they mean 'Snus') :

D7_1000_PortionSnus.jpg

D7.se - Snussats portionssnus Hink 42 dosor
    Snuff Kit 1000 pouchs
    Same as above <240 pouches>, but much larger package. Provides about 42 cans (1000 bags).
    Very easy to prepare

598 Kr = £54.21 = $86.96

Also looks like they're doing flavour pots :

D7_SnusFlavours.jpg

D7.se - Snuskrydda
    Snus Spice
    Flavoring for snuff, which gives your hemgjora snuff more flavor.
    Available in flavors Eucalyptus, Anise, Bergamot and Juniper.
    One bottle is sufficient to 2.5 kg snuff.
    25 ml propylene glycol. Nature-identical flavors.

Comes in:

Snus Spice Eucalyptus
    Give your homemade snuff a taste of eucalyptus.

Snus Spice Juniper (Enbär)
    Juniper gives your homemade snuff a rapéliknande taste. <don't know what that means>

Snus Spice Anis
    Anis give your homemade snuff a taste of licorice.

Snus Spice Bergamot
    Bergamot gives your homemade snuff a general-like flavor.

39 Kr = £3.54 = $5.67

I think the below are are complete 'from tobacco to snus' kits (?) :

D7_55_CanSnusKit.jpg

D7.se - Snussats Prillan 1kg. Ger 55 dosor
    Snuff Kit Prillan 1kg. Provides 55 cans
    Make your own snus, this kit gives you 55 cans!
    A recipe dating back to the 1800s along with specially selected varieties means you get a product of the highest caliber.
    This package contains everything you need to prepare a perfect snuff in the shortest possible time.

398 Kr = £36.08 = $57.88

Same thing but 'Coarse'
    Prillan Coarse 1kg

449 Kr = £40.70 = $65.29

Anyway I'm still slowing makig my way through a bulk order of Thunder Fosted I bought a while back,
    they seem to get better being stored in the fridge (4'C) for months.
    So I doubt if I'll bite D7 just yet...

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    That's a good find, exo. It seems better priced than SnusX, if the 'baccy's good. It'll be a while before I need to do any snus shopping, but I've got it bookmarked. The shipping probably would be comparable to other orders from Sweden to the U.S. if it's available. Thanks for taking time for the USD conversion, too :).

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Snuff Kit 1000 pouchs
    Same as above <240 pouches>, but much larger package. Provides about 42 cans (1000 bags).
    Very easy to prepare

598 Kr = £54.21 = $86.96

Snus Spice Juniper (Enbär)
    Juniper gives your homemade snuff a rapéliknande taste. <don't know what that means>

I think the below are are complete 'from tobacco to snus' kits (?) :

Snuff Kit Prillan 1kg. Provides 55 cans
    Make your own snus, this kit gives you 55 cans!
    A recipe dating back to the 1800s along with specially selected varieties means you get a product of the highest caliber.
    This package contains everything you need to prepare a perfect snuff in the shortest possible time.

398 Kr = £36.08 = $57.88

Same thing but 'Coarse'
    Prillan Coarse 1kg

449 Kr = £40.70 = $65.29

Anyway I'm still slowing makig my way through a bulk order of Thunder Fosted I bought a while back,
    they seem to get better being stored in the fridge (4'C) for months.
    So I doubt if I'll bite D7 just yet...
    Not sure if I have it right.... but that's not cheap at all compared to SnusX.

1000 bags for $86.96.... but the SnusX is about $26 for 480 bags so $52 for 960 bags. Unless my math is wrong it's a good deal cheaper with V2.

1kg, which is 1000 grams of loose for $57.88 but the SnusX is 900 grams for $26. It could be 1kg dry weight which would make it about 2000 grams hydrated but even then it's not much better, if at all then the SnusX.

Okay.... I could be reading this wrong and it's late...

The juniper would be the flavoring of Göteborgs Rapé , which is the same flavor used in gin.... for those of you that indulge in that kind of thing..... wouldn't know myself..... Not my favorite flavor but a rare can is okay.

Last edited:

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2009
    UK
    Yup, you're right Stubby,
    I calculate 1.6 times as much wet baccy (pouches or loose)
    per amount of money, in favour of SnusX.

Still if it turns out to be better than SnusX it could be an OK price to pay,
    also there's the fact that SnusX loose is wet, D7's loose is dry (more 'make your own' style though)
    = half the weight for postage.

Anyway can't see anyone here having a go, too many unknowns probably.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    Well......it looked good without the microscope. Stubby, you're such a spoiler. Let's not forget that when clubsnus had his going outta business sale and "no reasonable offer refused", I was the one who was able to negotiate a deal where I only had pay $5 a can for $3.50 snus. That kinda savvy doesn't come naturally to most.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread