I started vaping, because...

Why did you start vaping?

• I'm addicted to nicotine (cigarettes).

• I'm addicted to nicotine (chewing tobacco).

• I'm addicted to nicotine (other).

• Can't quit smoking because of "hand-to-mouth"

• Self-medicating (nervous or other disorder)

• Because I can do it where I can't smoke.

• Because of the flavors, and/or because it is "cool".

• Other - please explain.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rcw1120

Apr 2, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I decided to start vaping because I tried once before and I had little money at the time to go around. After working hard and getting more hours I decided to try again. ONe day I realized, to my horror, that I went from 10 cigs /day to almost 16. Working full time and going to school with 18 credits was really starting to affect me. I hated waking up in the morning and my chest was tight and my lungs ached. I hated going into gas stations and having everyone have my cigarettes waiting for me. I also noticed that the back of my teeth looked disgusting. I am very retentive about my teeth and my smile, so that was the last straw. Long story short that is :p Besides, smoking slowly made me feel terrible. Granted Im rather young (21) but I have a very physically demanding job during the fall. I hope to be fully re cooperated by then and ready to scare some socks off!

calsax

Deadhead at large
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
Oceanside, CA
I was a smoker for approximately 45 years, between pad and 2 pad. My wife had been begging me to quit for years. She quit 35 years ago when she was pregnant with our first child, not because of health risks, but because they made her physically ill. She even tried to start back up after he was born, but never liked them again. She read about ecigs somewhere, and talked me into buying one to try. I have had exactly 1/2 of an analog since. My battery died, and I didnt' have a spare. Bummed a ciggie,and though I was gonna die! Those things are NASTY! What was wrong with me for all those years, when I swore I like to smoke? Now, I can vape in the house, in the car, and my wife doesn't mind a bit!

ego-fan

Moved On
Apr 7, 2012
Scared silly :) about the adverse effects of smoking....smoked anyway because I was helplessly addicted ....to the stress-relieving propensities of cigarettes...and nicotine:) however nicotinepatches or gum left me wanting...the smoking experience i guess .....
SO GRATEFULL that I am now smokefree....thanks to e-cigs ...they are great for stress related disorders....I love to vape.
Vape on:vapor:

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I voted other because I started vaping because cigarettes was killing me very fast. I'd wake up in the morn after smoking a pack and a half the day before coughing up black/brown crud so hardcore it made me feel ill. Thanks to e-cigs I can chain vape non stop without any side effects and it tastes damn good.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have been a PAD smoker for most of 35 years. In the end I was up to 1 1/2 to 2 PAD. That hurt - wicked morning cough, chest pain, etc. Never have been able to quit smoking for more than a couple of months at a time. I finally realized I had to do something different and found PV's. After a few weeks of vaping only I feel a lot better.

Joe Normal

Mar 5, 2012
Europe
I almost had a major relapse during finals week at university so i decided to get me a placebo. Sometimes i vape with a little nicotine, but most often i vape no-nic DIY juice.
Luckily this is SW Germany and no one on campus gives a flying ....... about media propaganda, so the "worst" reaction i got was "Ah, an e-cigarette, i heard about that! How does it work?", i was actually expecting worse tbh.

piilanikalani

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2012
Boonville
Since I started smoking cigarettes all my friends around me smoked as well. So I guess you could say I started out socially. I also have a very addictive personality so after a few I was hooked. Ten years later I noticed that I'm the only one left smoking! Everyone else around me quit! Even my husband, he's been smoke free for over a year now. They all did it cold-turkey. And I just can't seem to do it, I enjoyed smoking too much and any time I ever got upset a cigarette would calm me down. So very recently I started vaping, 10 days in I got into an argument with my husband and lit up a regular cigarette. Two puff and I flushed the nasty stuff down the toilet!!!! Never again will I go back!!!!

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
I smoked 1.5 to 3 PAD for 45 years and my health was deteriorating, constant caughing/no energy/shallow breaths. I had tried to quit many times in the last 10 years but couldn't. I had come to believe that smoking would kill me in less than another 10 years. I started vaping 3/1/12 and had totally quit the cigs by the end of April.
Results!!
No more caughing
I have a lot more energy
I can breath deeper than I have in 20 years
I feel 10 years younger
People comment on how much healthier I look

WOO HOO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread