I started vaping, because...

Why did you start vaping?

• I'm addicted to nicotine (cigarettes).

• I'm addicted to nicotine (chewing tobacco).

• I'm addicted to nicotine (other).

• Can't quit smoking because of "hand-to-mouth"

• Self-medicating (nervous or other disorder)

• Because I can do it where I can't smoke.

• Because of the flavors, and/or because it is "cool".

• Other - please explain.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I've smoked analog cigs for 40+ years. It stinks, even to me. I've burned holes in my clothes, a hole in my car drivers seat, and a cig that blew back into the car and burned a hole in the back seat, analogs are getting terribly expensive, I'm concerned about my health, I can't smoke in a restaurant, at work, it's made my car and house smell terrible, analogs cause cancer, gee, there are more things to mention, but I'll stop here.

Aizen-sama

Verified Member
Feb 25, 2010
New Jersey
I chose addicted to nicotine, self-medicating, and other. The "other" thing is, I like smoking. Mostly I wanted to try e-cigs to find a way to continue smoking without the prospect of devastating health problems down the road. I have a family history of breast cancer on one side and heart problems on the other. Better to switch to something healthier now than regret my youthful stupidity later.

Additionally, I like cigars. I have no intention of not smoking cigars. I only smoke 1-3 a week outdoors and I don't inhale, so I'm not too worried about encountering health problems down the line from them. If I combined that habit with a half-pack a day cigarette habit I'd be at a much greater risk than from cigars alone. Luckily, e-cigs help me avoid that problem and I can continue to enjoy a few cigars without worrying too much about how much risk they are adding to my existing smoking habit.

jlew

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2012
WV, USA
jspcrepair.angelfire.com
I started vaping, because... Almost all of the above.

I was addicted to cigarettes and no matter what I tried, nothing worked to get me away from them.
I used the gum and it didn't work because after eating something, even gum, I always wanted a
cigarette. I never tried patches because I had heard too many horror stories about them. I tried
"Cold Turkey" and the only thing that is good for is Sandwiches after Thanskgiving... ROFL! -- Seriously...
I was the most hateful thing to be around when I tried to stop with nothing to help.
I was having a very hard time breathing - I used to be able to swim great distances and play tennis and
was able to hold my breath for 2.5 to 3 minutes... Playing with my children became a chore because they
would wear me out in 10 minutes. Even walking fast for 2 blocks caused pain in my chest.

I started vaping because one of my friends who was using it, told me how much better he felt and could
breathe... so I tried it.

Now, after only 18 days, I feel much better, can breathe better, everything smells and tastes like it should,
I don't wheeze at night, I don't hack and cough like I'm dying anymore, I don't have the nasty mess of
ashtrays in my home or the smell of smoke, I don';t have to worry about my children picking up the habit
of nasty cigarettes because they saw me do it... There are so many benefits.

I want to be around as long as I can to see my children grow up and I want to be able to breathe and not
get worn out so easily... and after reading how many harmful chemicals are really in cigarettes (I never knew).

I am glad I found this "Replacement". :)

qccraig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
A lot of the choices in the poll are applicable to my case. I can take a few drags at the airport, I can vape in none smoking hotels, I don't stink when I'm around non smokers, I feel better, I hated the tobacco taxes so this is my way to get even and I really like the people I meet that also vape. Also I am addicted to nicotine, it keeps me sane.

CraigW

francky5591

Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Avranches (Low Normandy)
Two weeks without sleeping because I couldn't lay down in my bed, if I did I couldn't stop coughing, that let me think I should quit smoking. But a couple of days later, when my bronchitis was cured, I could resist only a couple of days without smoking, its not an addiction one can get rid by snapping fingers, some internet mate told me I should try vaping, and I bought me a disposable e-cig.
I'm now using various devices and enjoying a lot of e-juices; To me vaping is the smoothest way to quit smoking!:thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread