I started vaping, because...

Why did you start vaping?

• I'm addicted to nicotine (cigarettes).

• I'm addicted to nicotine (chewing tobacco).

• I'm addicted to nicotine (other).

• Can't quit smoking because of "hand-to-mouth"

• Self-medicating (nervous or other disorder)

• Because I can do it where I can't smoke.

• Because of the flavors, and/or because it is "cool".

• Other - please explain.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Got sick of my long morning hack and bedtime wheezing.

ETA: My first attempt at vaping was several years ago - just so I could go through the long wait behind the security lines at the airports. Which, I guess, falls into the "Because I can do it where I can't smoke." choice.

Last edited:

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
Tell us why you started vaping.

Totally unplanned. I had been thinking about quitting for some time, but never got serious about it. I'm a contract programmer/database developer, and one day an acquaintance that I had worked with a year earlier, bribed me with lunch if I'd come over and help her out with a database problem. After lunch, I wanted a smoke and asked if she was still smoking... just as she was exhaling something in the dining room. She said, "that's what this is... sort of." I was intrigued. We went outside so I could smoke, and she asked me to give it a try... man I hacked like it was my first analog - it was harsh! I did, obviously, get the TH and the taste was fine. She told me about the basics and when I got home I started researching it (that's when I found ECF BTW).

I went to a local B&M and picked up an ego starter kit. I was talking to some random guy in line about juices and he said a Mountain Dew/Strawberry combo were good. When I was up, I asked the mixologist what tobacco flavor most resembled Marlboro, and he said, "couldn't tell ya, ever since I quit smoking and started vaping I haven't had tobacco flavor - why would I when I can have blueberry or coffee, etc." So I ordered some tobacco flavored juices and had them make a Mountain Dew/Cantaloupe combo - wanting to be original.

The next day, when my last pack was gone, I setup my kit and filled one of the little cartridges with a tobacco flavor, and another one with the MD/Canteloupe, tried them both and really enjoyed the MD much better. And that is how I started, and where I'm at 3 months later. I do enjoy the non-tobacco flavors more with one exception... a good RY4.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
For my own health of course, but the immediacy of it was because I discovered one of my animals had a congenital heart defect. I absolutely could no longer smoke around him, so the day I received my PV in the mail is the last day I stopped going outside to smoke an analog. It has only been a couple of months and I have no desire to go back.

Lilkurty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Canada
Discovered e cigs after talking to someone that was wearing his PV on a lanyard. He was a 2 PAD and hadn't smoked in 2 weeks. As I was 1/2 PAD, this gave me hope. I went to the shop he suggested and was asked how much maintenance I wanted to do. Of course I wanted minimal so I bought a store branded cig a like. It was OK and kept me from smoking but after a day or so I was getting frustrated with not really feeling satisfied. He had recommended 18 mg and I ended up going to 36 mg. Then I found ECF online and ended up getting an eGo C2 upgrade which I love plus some really good advice and guidance. Now that I'm a little more skilled I am lowering to 28 mg with hopes to get to around 18 mg...don't really want to give it up completely because it helps my mood :vapor:

horkus1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I have been a smoker since I was a teenager and I knew eventually I would have to quit to avoid serious health problems. I just wish I had discovered vaping earlier. I don't have any health problems from it that I know of (knock on wood) but I sure as hell am glad I am a non-smoker now. The thought of breathing problems or, god forbid, cancer terrifies me and had I brought it on by smoking, I would not be able to live with myself. Hmm... I might have ended up losing the choice of whether or not to live with myself had I kept it up. Yikes.

Again, sooooo happy to be a non-smoker and sooooo happy for everyone else that have dropped the analogs as well. I am proud of us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread