Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Janty beginner kit, with dripping 510 atomizers, Clouds of Vapor and Mrs. T's e-liquids.

Later, joyetech VV eGo's and Kanger T3's seemed incredible, and Copper Creek, Backwoods Brew and Heathers Heavenly Vapes were considered upgrades.

So... what do you remember starting your vaping journey ?

(apologies if someone else has already done this)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Smoke51 in December 2009, then "e-smoke.net", mid 2010, but never quit smoking so I don't even count them to my vape-time. They all sucked anyway. :eek:

I count my "Start" as with V2 Cigs, Nov 13th, 2011. Haven't smoked since. :thumb:

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I started with some Smoking Everywhere clones, then seriously upgraded to a Puresmoker Prodigy and a Prodigy passthrough. I had a number of other mods, but that passthrough became my lifeline. When I say mods, I mean real mods, put together in somebody's garage. They usually took disposable camera batteries, like CR123a and I was just as rough on them as I am now.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Smoke51 Fifty-One Trio cigalike (3-peice RN4081 batt, atty, prefilled cartridge).

MVZccEj.png

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    That's the one! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They had a 2 piece system too. Got mine at a local cigarette shop.

They didn't stop me from smoking :lol: But that was my start.

Vision spinner with Evod clearo is what got me to ditch the cigs immediately. But that was probably 3 years later.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Cigalikes. My very first vape was a convenient store cigalike that looked just like a cigarette. I tried it and it worked for me to stop smoking that day, I bought more but they were so expensive I went online and bought Volcano refillable proprietary carto cigalikes and their high PG eliquids. Volcano's version of Egos-Cs next.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I started with Joyetech 510 NoBox kit, at the recommendation of members here. Tried the tricks like straw/filter, etc. and finally just started dripping on them. That was the way I liked it best. Moved to eGo batteries and onward (MVPs, CoolFires), still with 510 atomizers. On to replaceable battery mods, still 510 atomizers, lol. I finally grew up and bought Zenith tanks, which is what I use now. I'll be moving on to making my own coils for some old school tanks and drippers that have been waiting patiently in my Vapocalypse 2016 stash.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Smoke51 Fifty-One Trio cigalike (3-peice RN4081 batt, atty, prefilled cartridge).

MVZccEj.png

Oh yes! The subscription plans! If I had subscribed to one of them I would have never quit smoking and taken up vaping for real. One of those cartridges would last me an hour or two.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Before ECF, in late July 2012, I found and bought a subscription cigalike service called Eversmoke. I was so excited because I knew this was gonna work. I still have the email when I ordered. I never smoked again when I received it on August 9th. I thought all the flavors were just great. Loved it, but they didn’t last very long.

Cof0bOy.jpg

Then I found ECF in August 2012 and signed up and realized there were much better choices. So I promptly bought egos and CE4s and T5s and cancelled eversmoke. Then I moved on to vamos and other stuff.

I’ve had a lot of stuff over the years and most of it is now gone from my stash. I bought all kinds of juice but I quickly fell in love with Heather’s Heavenly Vapes and I stuck with it until I started DIY full time in 2015.

But eversmoke is what got me to quit smoking.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    My first attempt was with blu. After a couple of days of using that I went to a vape shop. I walked out with a MVP, a Ce4 tank and a Viva Nova tank, and two 10ml bottles of 24mg eliquid which lasted me two weeks. About two months after that the first Nautilus tank came out, a real game changer for me. Tomorrow will make 7 years since I started vaping.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    My first attempt was with blu. After a couple of days of using that I went to a vape shop. I walked out with a MVP, a Ce4 tank and a Viva Nova tank, and two 10ml bottles of 24mg eliquid which lasted me two weeks. About two months after that the first Nautilus tank came out, a real game changer for me. Tomorrow will make 7 years since I started vaping.

Happy vapeversary!:banana:

pt91

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    GG tubes and punched and non punched cartos if I remember right. Some how I never tried a cigalike and missed cartomizers, egos, spinners, etc.
    Went from mechs to VW. Settled on VW and RTAs (top flow only). Some where in there did a few years of squonkers but just too messy for me.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    My 1st was joyetech with 1mil tanks inside a cone. I could never get the tanks to work and ended up dripping. Not very purse or long drive friendly. Spinners, evods, I always had to have a stash filled and ready to go, fraught with equip failures, even from the massive HC coop buys there would be duds and it was expensive. The only thing I missed was dressing them up.

My turning point came with the zmax, stacked 18350's and NAUTILUS. I discovered a love for tank cracking juices like Murdocks Pluid. That would prob still be my sweet spot if I could find 18350's.

I got tired of new releases that didn't perform well or became obsolete in a few months.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2013
    Midwest, USA
    Dabbled with cigalikes / disposables in 2011. Never worked for me. A co-worker was vaping them on break in 2012 and I wanted to try it again. Found Egos and cartos and thought maybe there's something to this. Upgraded to Protanks and a Smok 20W tube mod (don't remember the name) in late 2012 as well as a handful of MVPs. Was still a dual user at this point. Started learning about RDAs and rebuilding coils / heads and I got into mechs sometime in 2013..... it was a whole new world after that.

Will be 8 years this May.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread