Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Well...stupid me, I listened to the show but, mostly only to the interview, less than 5 minutes after I shut it off in complete disgust! There aren't words to express my distaste at what was being said.

However, I was completely impressed at all of SJ's comments. He defended Classy and took full responsibility for everything that happens here on ECF, that, in my book, is a helluva person! Way better than the people who came on afterwards who didn't even have a shred of decency at all. First of all, if you want my attention, begin by being civil, then and only then will I listen to you!!

My grandmother always said that arguing with an idiot is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person! She was and always will be right!

Totally agree about SJ. The only good thing that has come out of this is finding out that the forum I support is owned by a really good person.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I REALLY don't agree with the part about not patronizing the sponsors of VP.

No vendor can be held responsible for the personal behavior of people on a forum, for goodness sake, if that were true you'd have to boycott any vendor who supports ECF. :facepalm: There are jerks everywhere, including on this forum.

Those vendors were probably just supporting a vaping forum that was starting up, cuz that is a good thing to do....show support and be there for all vaping- related commmunities.

To hold them responsible for these things is not really fair to them. :|

Esp. when you read thru some of them.......I mean Cignot? For goodness sake, never in my entire time on ECF or any forum, seen anything said about Cignot that is not highly satisfactory..... and I do mean "highly satisfactory".

Anyway, some of you are being *equally* childish by suggesting this......just sayin'.......

PS If I starteed a petition every time my ego and my feelings got hurt in the last 25 years, I'd be making petitions a couple times a day. ;)

Last edited:

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
I am boycotting vp and there vendor sponsors, I am sorry but IMO ECF is the vaping mecca. ECF is quintessential in helping smokers become successful vapor converts. If just buy following numbers alone ECF is huge compared to vp. If not for ECF vp would likely not have a fraction of the viewership they currently enjoy. IF VP cared about their own well being they would see to it that this hatchet was cast into a deep dark pit and concreted in. It will only undue them.

Last edited:

AngelsBreath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Alabama, United States
I believe that it should be up to each individual if they choose to do that, boycott I mean. At the moment all I can feel is disgust and disappointment that people who are members of this wonderful forum would choose to be so hateful and demeaning to one of the moderators here. There is NEVER any excuse to say the things that were said on that show. NEVER! Because of that, any respect I may have had for the person doing the interview is completely gone. You can say whatever you like and make any point you want respectfully. I believe that people respect those who show respect. What I heard on that show after the interview was in no way, shape or form respectful and therefore I choose to never listen to that show again or go to that website.

This is a personal decision for me and not an opinion or a suggestion for anyone else. Simply, it is what I feel is best for me.

Last edited:

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
After listening to that interview I'm totally & completely disgusted by what came after Smoky Joes portion was done. I was so disgusted that I could not even continue to listen to it. I will NEVER listen to this show again. I'm happy that we have such an awesome leader like Smoky Joe to help control & maintain the level of etiquette & decorum that ECF should now be recognized for. But the fact that we have idiots hosting shows centered around vaping & vaping related issues is a disservice to all of the future challenges that we as vapers face & will continue to face in the near future! I refuse to give these idiots any more of my energy!

Once again, Thank You to all of the Mods who make ECF the great place that it is! You are doing a wonderful but thankless job but please know that you are VERY much appreciated for all that YOU do!

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
boycott.. petition.. isn't that the same kinda thing?

i have an idea... on Russ's show tonight he actually made a GREAT point at the end (the only part i actually caught) but i'd take it in a slightly different direction.. how about instead of wasting your time calling for a boycott of vendors who have actually put their time and effort into keeping your right to vape alive (and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who disagrees with that point) you take that time to INSTEAD send an email to your local representative to let THEM know you wont be putting up with THEIR BS

just as much as ya'll think you have YOUR right to an opinion.. so does Kevin, Russ, and anybody else who decides to have one.. just like you each have every right to decide that you don't like the other person's opinion.. but fighting AGAINST those that have worked so hard to make sure you still have the right to vape (and believe me.. you ALREADY wouldnt be allowed to if it werent for a few in that supporting vendors list) is not only idiotic.. but overly counter productive..

as to the actual petition.... as i stated at the beginning.. it's about as stupid as the whole boycott idea.. and while it's all good to take it at it's face value and defend classwife... you've missed the gist of what it's REALLY about.. did you miss the other side of the conversation in the interview and only listen to SJ's comments with no actual context? Kev said himself.. it wasnt about classwife specifically.. that she just caused a final straw for him.. the petition (while i agree is/was a stupid idea) is actually to bring to light he fact that moderation on this forum has been.. currently is. and probably always will be done with a large dose of favoritism.. how do i know.. simple.. because when i originally left ecf to become an admin elsewhere.. i didnt do so because any moderators or admin bashed on me.. or treated me more harshly than others.. actually.. quite the opposite.. *I* was the one getting special treatment at that time and argued that it was unfair that others couldnt do or say the things that i was allowed to get away with

as to classwife herself.. hey.. i don't know you well at all... all i know is a few random posts i've caught at the other forum from alooooong time ago.. so i got nothing against you.. my best advice is for you to simply step back and take a look and decide for yourself if you've played favorites or not.. and then move on from there and get back to doing what you need to do.. don't let some stupid petition that hasnt even gotten any major support get the best of you

PS: SJ.. that was an absolutely awesome interview.. and i'd love to hear more.. you know you always have my support.. whether i choose to break the rules or not :)

PSS: Dusty-D.. and you said i didnt give a kevin about anything.. try knowing who you're talking to before accusing :p

Last edited by a moderator:

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
+1 Tauki. Word up!

i have an idea... on Russ's show tonight he actually made a GREAT point at the end (the only part i actually caught) but i'd take it in a slightly different direction.. how about instead of wasting your time calling for a boycott of vendors who have actually put their time and effort into keeping your right to vape alive (and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who disagrees with that point) you take that time to INSTEAD send an email to your local representative to let THEM know you wont be putting up with THEIR BS

just as much as ya'll think you have YOUR right to an opinion.. so does Kevin, Russ, and anybody else who decides to have one.. just like you each have every right to decide that you don't like the other person's opinion.. but fighting AGAINST those that have worked so hard to make sure you still have the right to vape (and believe me.. you ALREADY wouldnt be allowed to if it werent for a few in that supporting vendors list) is not only idiotic.. but overly counter productive..

as to the actual petition.... as i stated at the beginning.. it's about as stupid as the whole boycott idea.. and while it's all good to take it at it's face value and defend classwife... you've missed the gist of what it's REALLY about.. did you miss the other side of the conversation in the interview and only listen to SJ's comments with no actual context? Kev said himself.. it wasnt about classwife specifically.. that she just caused a final straw for him.. the petition (while i agree is/was a stupid idea) is actually to bring to light he fact that moderation on this forum has been.. currently is. and probably always will be done with a large dose of favoritism.. how do i know.. simple.. because when i originally left ecf to become an admin elsewhere.. i didnt do so because any moderators or admin bashed on me.. or treated me more harshly than others.. actually.. quite the opposite.. *I* was the one getting special treatment at that time and argued that it was unfair that others couldnt do or say the things that i was allowed to get away with

as to classwife herself.. hey.. i don't know you well at all... all i know is a few random posts i've caught at the other forum from alooooong time ago.. so i got nothing against you.. my best advice is for you to simply step back and take a look and decide for yourself if you've played favorites or not.. and then move on from there and get back to doing what you need to do.. don't let some stupid petition that hasnt even gotten any major support get the best of you

PS: SJ.. that was an absolutely awesome interview.. and i'd love to hear more.. you know you always have my support.. whether i choose to break the rules or not :)

PSS: Dusty-D.. and you said i didnt give a sh&* about anything.. try knowing who you're talking to before accusing :p

AngelsBreath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Alabama, United States
I am quite honored to be part of such a wonderful community and to the owner Smokey Joe and to all of you moderators I say thank you!!! Thank you for making this place such a great place to hang out and meet wonderful new people. Thank you for keeping us safe from the spammers and the crazies out there.

I support ECF and ALL of the moderators here! ;)

Thank you ALL!!!

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca

PSS: Dusty-D.. and you said i didnt give a sh&* about anything.. try knowing who you're talking to before accusing :p

Merely stating a fact, Tark. You do run the DGS page on FB, do you not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
HA... i just looked it up.. still dunno DGS.. but now i know why you keep calling me Tark

nosir.. not me.. although from his avatar id assume he stole the idea of my username.. or rather.. it has the same basis... Torquemada the grand inquisitioner...

but mine's based on the one from History of the World Part 1.. specifically a line before the big musical number.. "let's face it folks.. you can't taukimada anything"

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
HA... i just looked it up.. still dunno DGS.. but now i know why you keep calling me Tark

nosir.. not me.. although from his avatar id assume he stole the idea of my username.. or rather.. it has the same basis... Torquemada the grand inquisitioner...

but mine's based on the one from History of the World Part 1.. specifically a line before the big musical number.. "let's face it folks.. you can't taukimada anything"

Well, why didn't you tell me that when I PM'd you after your silly graffiti stunt here?! :facepalm:

Apologies for the misidentification and the false accusation.

Have a nice day!

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
This is my take on all of this. The people on here that are endorsing this so called "VP Boycott" are being hypocritical and I will explain why.

I think we can all agree that the antis have been fighting vehemently to take away your right to use electronic cigarettes. They encourage legislators to ban the use of e-cigarettes indoors and encourage out right bans of the sale of electronic cigarettes. Why? because they don't like it. They have come to the determination that they are dangerous, according to them just as dangerous if not more dangerous than cigarettes and because (which I believe is the case for some of them) are getting money from big pharma to rally against e-cigarettes because at the end of the day e-cigarettes hurt big pharma sales of nicotine replacement products. They have also created this silly logic that e-cigarettes are a gateway to smoking cigarettes. At the end of the day and whatever their reasons are they are fighting to take away your right to vape.

Now, I think we will also all agree that we should (an are entitled to) have the right to use an e-cigarette. We have all come to the determination that using an e-cigarette is a healthier alternative to smoking cigarettes. For some of us it has cut down dramatically on smoking cigarettes and for some of us it has stopped us completely from smoking cigarettes. I would also come to the conclusion that for most of us (if not all of us) it has improved our overall health. Yet, the antis don't care. They have come to the determination (for whatever their reasons are) that they don't like it, therefor, you should not have the right to vape.

So, the point I'm trying to make is that we all believe that we can (and should) have the right to use our e-cigarettes. Who the heck are they to try and take away our right to vape just because they have a problem with it. They are certainly entitled to have an issue with e-cigarettes and vaping and are entitled to not like it but trying to convince our government and legislators to take away our right to vape (just because they don't like it) is going to far and completely absurd.

The backers of this proposed "Boycott of VP" are using the same tactics as the antis. Since you don't like something you heard on a particular show or just don't like the content you hear on VP Live you have now decided to create this "boycott" by encouraging people to e-mail the sponsors of our shows that you will no longer purchase their products if they continue to financially support our shows. Why are you doing this? because you hope if there is no financial backing coming in from our sponsors that we wouldn't have the funding to continue to air VP Live shows. The result of that would be the many, many listeners who do enjoy our shows will no longer be able to listen to them.

So in conclusion, because you don't like something your heard on VP Live then no one should be able to listen to VP Live.
The antis don't like e-cigarettes so no one should be able to use e-cigarettes.

See the hypocrisy? I would assume that most of you are intelligent enough to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread