I Support Classwife !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
guess i'll have to buckle down and listen to the interview's aftermath.
any on-the-air show should curtail personal attacks and during the interview it seemed to me as if kevin realized that. yes, there is always room for improvement and i'm sure our mods are sometimes influenced by the kind of day they've had. but that gives nobody the right to launch into a smear campaign and if it happened then a public apology should be forthcoming.
as to the boycott of sponsors - fighting fire with fire is never a good idea, imo.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I choose what e-cig I wish to buy, which shows I watch, etc. Some e-cigs are good, some shows are good, others are junk IMHO. It's based on performance.

I don't buy e-cigs just because they stirred up some debate to get the conversation rolling. If a particular e-cig blows up all the time (malfunctions) I don't run out and buy it.

I don't need to boycott....I just don't choose to watch the show. Your advertisers should know this and spend their $$$ where they are effective.

Last edited:

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
guess i'll have to buckle down and listen to the interview's aftermath.
any on-the-air show should curtail personal attacks and during the interview it seemed to me as if kevin realized that. yes, there is always room for improvement and i'm sure our mods are sometimes influenced by the kind of day they've had. but that gives nobody the right to launch into a smear campaign and if it happened then a public apology should be forthcoming.
as to the boycott of sponsors - fighting fire with fire is never a good idea, imo.
I would like to add that I posted the ECF version of the replay in this thread. I will post it again. https://soundcloud.com/vp-live/smokey-joe-moderation
This is just the interview I did with SJ and nothing more. I did this so you guys could hear just the interview without having to listen to anything else that was talked about or said on that particular show. :)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
So NOW you edit?
There's a reason that major networks have a delay system. And reasons that hosts should not rant offensively. And it isn't about your "rights". It's about our reaction. If you want to come off that way, it's your choice. Your choice is noted.

Won't even click on it. Guess I'll have to get Smokey Joe's opinions right here on ECF.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I would like to add that I posted the ECF version of the replay in this thread. I will post it again. https://soundcloud.com/vp-live/smokey-joe-moderation
This is just the interview I did with SJ and nothing more. I did this so you guys could hear just the interview without having to listen to anything else that was talked about or said on that particular show. :)

well, that's the one i listened to but that is not where this controversy came from as far as i can tell. and edited or not for ecf's benefit the show did not end there.
you, as the host, have an obligation to protect anybody who's personally attacked on your show. you can debate ecf moderation all you want but, as sj repeatedly stated in the interview, leave the moderators out of it.

Last edited:

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
I could not disagree more. While the premise that we are all fighting legislation is true, I cannot nor would I ever submit or subscribe that because we share a common enemy that somehow the actions or will to defame the reputation of ECF and or it's staff is anywhere close to seeking to send my message through boycotting vp or there sponsors. While sponsors do in fact contribute greatly to the fight against legislative bodies this does not parallel the recent events perpetrated by vp.

I for one will not let this go unanswered. If they want to showcase their ignorance and immaturity I will speak to them in ways they will surely begin to understand. Lack of funding.

This is my take on all of this. The people on here that are endorsing this so called "VP Boycott" are being hypocritical and I will explain why.

I think we can all agree that the antis have been fighting vehemently to take away your right to use electronic cigarettes. They encourage legislators to ban the use of e-cigarettes indoors and encourage out right bans of the sale of electronic cigarettes. Why? because they don't like it. They have come to the determination that they are dangerous, according to them just as dangerous if not more dangerous than cigarettes and because (which I believe is the case for some of them) are getting money from big pharma to rally against e-cigarettes because at the end of the day e-cigarettes hurt big pharma sales of nicotine replacement products. They have also created this silly logic that e-cigarettes are a gateway to smoking cigarettes. At the end of the day and whatever their reasons are they are fighting to take away your right to vape.

Now, I think we will also all agree that we should (an are entitled to) have the right to use an e-cigarette. We have all come to the determination that using an e-cigarette is a healthier alternative to smoking cigarettes. For some of us it has cut down dramatically on smoking cigarettes and for some of us it has stopped us completely from smoking cigarettes. I would also come to the conclusion that for most of us (if not all of us) it has improved our overall health. Yet, the antis don't care. They have come to the determination (for whatever their reasons are) that they don't like it, therefor, you should not have the right to vape.

So, the point I'm trying to make is that we all believe that we can (and should) have the right to use our e-cigarettes. Who the heck are they to try and take away our right to vape just because they have a problem with it. They are certainly entitled to have an issue with e-cigarettes and vaping and are entitled to not like it but trying to convince our government and legislators to take away our right to vape (just because they don't like it) is going to far and completely absurd.

The backers of this proposed "Boycott of VP" are using the same tactics as the antis. Since you don't like something you heard on a particular show or just don't like the content you hear on VP Live you have now decided to create this "boycott" by encouraging people to e-mail the sponsors of our shows that you will no longer purchase their products if they continue to financially support our shows. Why are you doing this? because you hope if there is no financial backing coming in from our sponsors that we wouldn't have the funding to continue to air VP Live shows. The result of that would be the many, many listeners who do enjoy our shows will no longer be able to listen to them.

So in conclusion, because you don't like something your heard on VP Live then no one should be able to listen to VP Live.
The antis don't like e-cigarettes so no one should be able to use e-cigarettes.

See the hypocrisy? I would assume that most of you are intelligent enough to. :)

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
i have an idea... on Russ's show tonight he actually made a GREAT point at the end (the only part i actually caught) but i'd take it in a slightly different direction.. how about instead of wasting your time calling for a boycott of vendors who have actually put their time and effort into keeping your right to vape alive (and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who disagrees with that point) you take that time to INSTEAD send an email to your local representative to let THEM know you wont be putting up with THEIR BS

I already write letters to my local elected officials. These vendors need to know exactly what type of garbage show they support.

just as much as ya'll think you have YOUR right to an opinion.. so does Kevin, Russ, and anybody else who decides to have one.. just like you each have every right to decide that you don't like the other person's opinion.. but fighting AGAINST those that have worked so hard to make sure you still have the right to vape (and believe me.. you ALREADY wouldnt be allowed to if it werent for a few in that supporting vendors list) is not only idiotic.. but overly counter productive..

A right to an opinion......yes.
The right to slander? No.
Vulgar trash talking regarding anyone is not an opinion. I would expect this from a high school student.....not a supposedly grown man.

charmschool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
North Georgia
Kevbow.. you don't support classwife. . As Dusty said, don't support her? Don't post here.

Boycotting vendors does no good.. they'd have no idea WHY you're boycotting. If you let them know why you choose not to buy from them.. that's different.
Even if it’s not a true boycott, people are influenced by what they read & hear. None of this would be happening if the issue of mod favoritism had stayed within the vaping community. Kevbow, you’re more than welcome to spew your opinion on your own website & radio show. But YOU created this monster when you started the petition on moveon.org (what does that have to do with vaping?), naming someone specific. That made it personal, and only brought negative attention from those who’d like to shut us all down. It would be nice to apologize for going outside the community with the petition, even if it is addressed only to your unsuspecting vendors.
Oh, wait! Is that why you went outside your own website to air your opinion? Afraid it wouldn’t be tolerated there either? After all the talk on your radio shows, and submitting the petition on a non-vape related site, the only mention I see of it on your own site is where you linked it.

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
Even if it’s not a true boycott, people are influenced by what they read & hear. None of this would be happening if the issue of mod favoritism had stayed within the vaping community. Kevbow, you’re more than welcome to spew your opinion on your own website & radio show. But YOU created this monster when you started the petition on moveon.org (what does that have to do with vaping?), naming someone specific. That made it personal, and only brought negative attention from those who’d like to shut us all down.
How is some silly little petition going to affect what the ANTZ and FDA do?

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
How about we try something simple here?!

Everyone that supports Classwife, stay on this thread. Everyone that doesn't, please leave.

No debates, no arguments.

That should be simple enough, right?!
It would appear that Dusty was talking to himself, when he posted this.

Classy supporters, please don't take the bait. Otherwise, you may see this thread moved to the Outside or closed.

Thank you.

Last edited:

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I do not understand why the people who have an issue with ECF and the mods do not just leave and go play on the other forum.
The vendors who advertise know the risks they take advertising. Im sure they can deal with it and if not they will move on.
I just hope Classy is okay because she took the brunt of this mess. Feeling sorry for the people who caused it is ridiculous.
If you do not want issues do not start petitions attacking people. Its pretty simple.

AND, if we all spent this much time advocating for ecigs instead of drama, we would have a better chance with the legal issues.

chellemmm

Chihuahua Queen
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Florida
I think this thread died of natural causes after SJ posted.

IF someone chooses to boycott, that is their choice. A much better option is to email the sponsors of the "show" and explain why you are displeased with their sponsorship of said "show." I doubt many of them would be pleased to be associated with this controversy.

The sponsors are affiliated with the "show" because they are hoping to get positive publicity. I doubt most would agree to sponsor rude, offensive and MISOGYNISTIC remarks made by crybabies who cannot conduct themselves properly. It is a BUSINESS for them.

You will find no bigger fan of freedom of speech than this poster. You will also find no bigger fan of the right to choose. I CHOOSE not to listen to idiots and CHOOSE to inform their sponsors as to WHY they are sponsoring idiots.

No one has really delved into the HIGHLY OFFENSIVE puerile verbiage aimed at a highly knowledgeable and fair WOMAN. This, too me, is the most disgusting thing about the little tirade against Classy.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I'm going to repeat my boycott suggestion. (ETA: For those who insist they want to boycott. I actually don't advocate it.)

Saying "I'm not going to buy from so-and-so because they support VP" does no one any good. People move around from vendor to vendor and they won't notice that a single person (or 5 or 10) have stopped buying from them and think "it must be because I sponsor VP.

Contact the vendor, tell them why you are upset and ask them to use their clout as a sponsor to get VP to change. If they don't, it would be appropriate to tell them why you are moving on.

Last edited:

strprswpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Bronx, NY
www.nymcdesign.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered associate - no business related posts permitted

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Seriously, do we really need to continue this thread?

I beseech JerryRM (OP) to request that it be closed. The majority have spoken well. The minute minority can start another thread/site and live with the consequences!

Why perpetuate a topic that I'm most sure Classy would prefer to see drift out with the tide!

Respectfully,
Iffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread