Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The price is a steal because you don't have to buy batteries or chargers and the APV is so convenient.

I've had mine for two weeks. Definitely a steal. The battery lasts 2 1/2 days although I recharge it every night.[better for batteries]

Also you can recharge using any Micro USB Cable, like for Cel phone.

The Vape PWM filter is excellent and you will find it has a very stable voltage output.

The ability to raise and lower voltage depending on mood or juice is well worth it.
Buy the Itaste MVP you won't regret.

By the way
I recommend it in my post
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ew-vapors-bump-if-you-think-its-valuable.html

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Could you possibly explain vv to me? It makes it hotter vape? It makes some juices taste better? I swear I'm still in math class where I'm explained how to understand the equation over and over, yet I still don't get it!! (Ill kick your ... in history and science thou!)

Hi Magenta
All Vaping units are made up of three elements
1. The battery
2. PV Body of the Device
3. A coil that heats up
4. Eliquid

A Battery will charge to 4.2V and than as you vape it will go down in voltage until it is discharged.

With a Non VV setup there is not regulation and when the battery is charged it will vape hotter at the beginning and than when near to discharged will vape cooler. Unless the unit has some sort of voltage regulation which most cheapies don't.

Variable Volt will stabilize the voltage so that if all remaining factors remain the same you will enjoy a consistent vape.

Now a second variable is the Clearomizer/Cartomizer/Atomizer. For simplicity I'm just going to use the word Atomizer in place of naming Clearomizer and Cartomizer. All Atomizers have a coil [Except Bridgeless] and depending on which one you buy the coil will have a higher or lower Ohm rating or Resistance. I think that Resistance stands for Resistance to Current but I'm not sure. The simplest way to describe OHM/Resistance is. Imagine that you have a very fat metal coil and you put electric current into it. By the way the amount of electric current that you put into the Atomizer is measured in Volts. So they say running your E-Cig at 3.7V or outputting 3.7 Volts. Than you take the same amount of current and put it into a thin one. The Fat one will not heat up as much as the thin one.
So lower Resistance Atomizers will run hotter with the same amount of Volts going through them and Higher Resistance Atomizers will run cooler. The Acronym for Atomizers 2.0 Ohms and below are LR [Low Resistance] Standard Resistance SR are 2.4 to 3.0 Ohm and High Resistance HR is above 3.0.
One final variable is that over the life of your Atomizer/Cartomizer/Clearomizer the resistance or Ohms may change.

Variable Voltage has the advantage that it allows you to use different resistance Atomizer/Cartomizer/Clearomizer by changing the amount of voltage to match the resistance OHM of the Atomizer.

Now the final variable. Most E-Juices are different. For example I vape 100% Vg [Vegetable Glyercin] but the most common [Arguably] on the market is 70% PG [Propylene Glycol] and 30% VG [Vegetable Glycerin]. Different Juices will taste better at different temperatures. So a Variable Volt will allow you to compensate for differences in Juices.

With Non Variable Volt for the average Vaper [Not playing with the OHMS in RBA Rebuildable Atomizers] you can't tailor your voltage to provide for the best vape.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
True, Troy, but if someone wants a good large battery and an introduction to VV and doesn't already have batteries and a charger for them, the MVP is a well made, sturdy device, and makes a reasonable entry point. (Which may be all that's needed, for some.)

And EricHill I think heard about the (maybe coming?) ohm meter from me. I can't for the life of me remember what site I saw it on, but the owner claimed it from a correspondence with them.

But no, not worth waiting around to see, if you're already interested!

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
It's a solid box mod only downfall is when the Battery is shot the unit is no longer functional. I like being able to change my battery.IMO
Good point-this is not the unit for you.
The benefit of a PV that will last 2 1/2 days on a single battery charge, and because of the long life, the user doesn't have to carry extra batteries with them, in addition has the feature of being charged anywhere you can charge your Cel Phone [Apple users excluded] is outweighed by the negative that when the battery goes, so does the PV. I respect your postion.

Me,
I like the simplicity, I'll use the unit until it drops, than throw it away. A good Charger and Good Batteries costs around $40.00 and you can buy this whole unit for $55.00. It's a spectacular deal for those who don't already have charger and Batteries

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
So how long should one reasonably expect it to last before having to replace it?

That is the onion.
I saw one cracked open by Field of Vapor on YouTube. It has Lion Packs in there.
So far I've been impressed by the charging circuitry. After an hour and 1//2 it turns off totally.

Lithium Ion batteries packs will last around 300 - 600 charges and at around 300 charges they begin to get less efficient. I believe after a year you'll lose 20%.
Since it lasted me 51 hours total time, not vape time if it loses 20% than I'll get around 40 hours out of it. That's still plenty.

So I'm anticipating that the PV will last around 2 years of daily use.
But this is conjecture, the unit is too new for real world data, so the actual results could be better or worse. Based on my experience with Lion packs, the worse possible case is that it only lasts a year. $55.00 a year for Battery and PV Unit combines isn't bad. I have a Bogger Box coming in so I may end up using the PV less frequently.

I demonstrated the PV to an elderly lady that was interested in Vaping and quitting cigarettes. She wasn't intimidated by it at all. How can you put a price on the lack of intimidation factor for a new Vaper?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread