I think I need nic back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazr

Aug 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
What have I done?

My one year vaperversery was Aug 12th,, no ciggys. I said if I could make it that far I would go to 0mg eliqs. Mid May I ordered all 0mg liqs, plus had some already on hand. So June 1st I went to 0mg only and gave all my partial bottles to my daughter.

Aug '17 to June 18' I had about a 15lb weigh gain,, no biggie. June to now a 25/30 weight gain, can't breath, feel bad and can't think. I'm so tired,, even after doing nothing. I started back to the gym and have ZERO lbs, has helped with body stiffness, but still feel drained. Some days and times it's hard to breath, 80vg is better than 70 on bad days.

I do not feel better. Considering going back on nicotine. It's kinda sucks because I have completely detoxed and I even vape less with 0mg liqs. That was immediately noticeable.

What would you do? This extra 45lbs gotta go,, soon. I can't live like this.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Blazr

Aug 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
That's just it, you think a little tweaking would do it. Since I went to 0mg the sugar cravings were off the chain for the first two months. They have subsided, but rear it's ugly head occasionally. Higher pain days I've noticed.

I don't eat processed food much, only a bad craving day. I have to go out of my way to get it too. I will spend 1 1/2 to 2 hrs in the pool. I spent 3 weeks trying to get into induction and failed. I don't understand why?

I'm pretty sure in June and July my blood sugar was dropping so that's why I tried to do an induction (atkins).

I don't have a sweet tooth so this was very frustrating and obviously devasting to my body.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Yeah I vaped for a couple of weeks with 0mg nicotine. I was vaping a lot and felt there was something missing. Then I bought the nicotine and tried 6 mg and vaped a little less so I bumped it up to 12mg and vaped less again. And stayed with 10-12mg ever since. 12mg in the mornings and 10mg in the evenings. I'm working my way slowly to lower nic if possible.

Reactions: Blazr

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
What have I done?

My one year vaperversery was Aug 12th,, no ciggys. I said if I could make it that far I would go to 0mg eliqs. Mid May I ordered all 0mg liqs, plus had some already on hand. So June 1st I went to 0mg only and gave all my partial bottles to my daughter.

Aug '17 to June 18' I had about a 15lb weigh gain,, no biggie. June to now a 25/30 weight gain, can't breath, feel bad and can't think. I'm so tired,, even after doing nothing. I started back to the gym and have ZERO lbs, has helped with body stiffness, but still feel drained. Some days and times it's hard to breath, 80vg is better than 70 on bad days.

I do not feel better. Considering going back on nicotine. It's kinda sucks because I have completely detoxed and I even vape less with 0mg liqs. That was immediately noticeable.

MuhahahahHAHA. welcome to age. Calories in calories out and the older you are the harder it is. May I suggest SparkPeople as a useful free dieting app that helps track calories (whatever you do don’t pay the fee. They have it on so bscription so you’ll never stop paying and it actually makes the app worse)

Blazr

Aug 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
I should probably add that as far as vape gear, my sweet place is single coil RDA. MTL isn't my thing. I love DTL. Only reason I don't use a dual coil is because of liquid use.

I do have a option to use a Breeze and Nautilus 2. I tried 6mg eliqs before and then seemed to strong. I don't know if it was harshness or the amount of nicotine. But wonder about nic salts? Still don't understand how to compare free base with salts.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
From Aug '17 to June '18 I started with 3mg eliquids. So I only used 3mg and towards the end a few 0mg in the mix.

Has anyone else gone through this going to zero nic?

Not exactly, but close. I never experienced the rapid weight gain but the rest, yeah.

When I first began vaping my intention was to ween down to 0mg and quit altogether. After about 3 years I got down to 6mg, from 48, and my wife asked if I was doing something different. I told her I had just dropped my nic level and she said “you might want to consider bumping it back up”. I did, up to 15 where I lost the urge to kill everyone around me and about 6 months ago back up to 24.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
What have I done?

Exercise and eat healthy! Eat a carrot instead of a candy bar. Exercise every day, focusing on different muscle groups every day. My favorite is free weights but aerobic exercise will drop pounds faster. Do both! Run outside (instead of inside) if you can run. Or ride a bike outside (instead of inside) if you have problems with your joints do to weight gain, etc. Being outside will also have a positive impact. You'll feel a lot better after you drop the weight.

If you can try to cut out all processed sugar.

Congrats on 0 nic!

Last edited:

Blazr

Aug 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
You think I'd wanna kill everything around me going to zero. My mind or memory and lack of joy,, is effected. That is slowlyyy like watching pain dry is coming around to tolerable.

I don't miss the nicotine like I miss physically smoking an analog when I watch an old movie. Damn you Bogart! I'm only 49!!!

I figure since I start at 3mg for 10 months, the step down was relatively easy. The first 3 weeks were super hard on my body. Headaches, nausea, body felt beat up, sleepy but had insomnia.

Maybe this is just a test of the emergency broadcast system in my body that's in a loop?

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Have your thyroid checked.

It may have become under active without nicotine. That slows down your metabolism, makes you feel drained, put on weight and other issues.

I had put on 25 unexplained pounds, had breathing issues and felt tired all the time. A hormone pill solved it. All 25 pounds are gone, breathing is better and my stamina is like I went back in time 20 years.

Millions of people have under active thyroids and don't even know it.

Nicotine has been a known metabolism booster for decades. But now they know it also affects your thyroid.

Best regards.

• Useful
Reactions: B2L
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread