• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I think something is wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple things being shipped to me. One of which contains a mod, some wire, and some wick. It has been being shipped to me since the 13 of janurary. What is taking it so long?? The other package I'm waiting on has been sitting in a post office in san jose for 3 weeks. Like what is going on with my stuff? Anybody had any experiences like this
btw I'm having them shipped to an FPO AP

Oakman_Smalls

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
I couldnt tell u but i always have stuff shipped to my wife stateside then she mails it to me at my apo. I have never had an issue. I do have friends that order things directly to apo and it does take 3-4 weeks. Military likes to hold things a while lol.

Never pay for two day shipping while deployed cuz they just rush it to the connex that holds mail for a few weeks lol. Hope u get ur stuff soon.

Kevin33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Did you get your package?

This is how the Military Mail system works though. I've been overseas for a combined 5+ years.

You could have a box of socks shipped to you from the states. A week later, you could have another box of socks (exact same shipping method/package size/circumstances) and the second box will get to you first. Sometimes things take TWO months. And sometimes the opposite, I've had a 3 pound package from Hong Kong hit my APO in 6 days. That's across the sea, Hong Kong to the US, and then back across the sea to Germany. And then sorted through the Military Mail. 6 days.

If your package was sent priority, you can contact them after 21 days. I currently have a package in the system from Nicoticket. It's supposed to come here to Turkey, but I think it is at a DPO (diplomatic post office) in Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread