I was asked to Vape on the Lanai....What did you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponytail girl

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
Hawaii
Well after a long days work running around delivering packings..I get home eat dinner help with the kids and then take a shower after the kids are asleep..I don't vape in front of them usually outside anyway at night in front of the TV I like to do some vaping..now after 5 months of vaping my g.f comes to me and asked can I vape out on the lanai she said it stinks..I said are you serious your in the bedroom and you can smell it in there..she said yes..I said I will change flavors then she said no it all stinks..I'm a little Miffed but am again vaping on the lanai..I quit smoking analogs and still I'm outside..so my question is has anyone else been asked by your partner/love one to vape outside.

cricket1176

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I vape in the house and so does hubby(he only vapes in the middle of night-shift work). The only time anyone has said anything is if I'm vaping Chocolate. In fact, I had been vaping Chocolate Fudge Brownie and my daughter came down stairs and asked "What's that nasty smell?". I told her and she asked if I would not vape it any more...

The bummer is, it's the first choco I actually like :( Guess it will just have to be one for outside.

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
Unless, she has some type of physical problem with it, it's not dangerous for her, so I would not completely give in to her wishes. I might pick a room and say, "I will limit my vaping to this room, while you are home." She needs to give a little. You might sit down with her and let her tell you which flavors are least troublesome for her and use only those when she is home. That's about as far as I would go. My family cannot smell many of the flavors. I think there would be one or two flavors/smells she could tolerate.

Leonem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Joplin, MO USA
Yeah some juice just seems to bother people. No one ever says anything about my banana juices but they say that the green tea and clove smell horrible. They say the clove smells like urine. Also, for some reason 2 people on separate occasions have told me that the red bull gives them a headache. I have come to terms with the fact that I can vape in my car, and in my office at home. But everywhere else I have to go stand where the smokers do, and that doesnt bother me at all b/c I like to talk around the smoke pit at work or sit out on the deck when over at family's house.

I mean, it used to not be the case. You could vape anywhere. But Springfield passed an indoor smoking ban in April and it just went into effect June 1st. Somehow the sneaky little a-holes got e-cigs on the ban, so now even if I wanted to vape inside I cant. But oh well, I came here from Oregon where it was illegal to smoke ANYWHERE it seemed like. had to be 1,000,000 feet from a building, no hospitals, no schools, no apartments, yadda yadda.... so yeah, no surprise that I cant vape indoors here, I'm used to it.

And Ill let you newbies to vaping in on a trade secret. If you ever really just want to vape indoors... I'll teach you the art of "The Stealth Vape"...

- Hold it in for 15+ seconds, and exhale slowly....its invisable... go on try it.... see? :)

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
I feel for the OP. I never smoked in the house, but my wife is so happy that I'm off the analogs she doesn't take issue with me vaping inside.

<snip> - Hold it in for 15+ seconds, and exhale slowly....its invisable... go on try it.... see? :)

But you're holding your breath for 15+ seconds! What if someone asks you a question while you're holding it? Not so stealthy anymore... :)

If I'm going stealth I'll take a drag like always, but then inhale again through my nose. For some reason that seems to diminish the vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread