i was weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
So here it is i havent smoked in weeks. But today i just couldent help it i was going nuts and couldnt think of anything els well i got a pack now i realize i iust wasted 6 bucks i smoke one got a nice buzz but it tasted like hell. Im jist going to have to find a better juice to keep me vaping i thought i had found the one i could vape all day but it just got old and felt like somthing was missing but now i know its just in my head from smoking for so long. Wll anywho i just wanted to post to say im NEVER going back to smoking now that i can taste lol

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I don't vape the same juice all day. In fact, I have about 6 I rotate through LOL.

Don't beat yourself up about having a cigarette. Instead, pat yourself on the back over every one that you DIDN'T smoke. I had one the other night, extremely stressful event happened and I just needed that crutch (pun intended). I don't regret it, I don't worry about it. It was only one and I went right back to vaping. If I have another, such is life. I will move on and remember the 19 others I didn't have on that particular day. :)

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
hey if you have to you have to. just make sure you keep picking up the PV. the urges will at some point go away. for me it took about four months. your body is just telling you it wants a big hit of nicotine. vaping nicotine doesnt obsorb into the bloodstream as fast as a analog so it happens. hope that helps. your right - cigarettes taste crazy bad after weeks of vaping.

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado
It took me almost 2 years to get off stinkys...I vaped and smoke together daily untill one day I just said enough was enough. It was when I visited my kids in Chicago last July and ran out of stinkys and went to a local store to pick up a couple of packs to hold me over for a couple of days before I went back to my home in Colorado. They where $11 per pack and I made a decision right there I'm done smoking. I haven't smoked since. I was a menthol smoker 1-2 packs a day for over 40 yrs...now I vape a peppermint flavor from Halo and I'm happy as a clam. I went from 24mg and I'm down to 12mg going for 6mg nic soon. If I can quit anybody can. I feel better and I pat myself on the back daily because I tried for 2 yrs without sucess. Good Luck!

JKVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Exactly why I have a carry pack I use which holds my 8 Vivi Novas and my mod. Multiple novas make it easy to switch up flavors throughout the day. Variety is a must in vaping. Really makes me wonder how I smoked 1 brand of smokes PAD+ for 28 years though :blink:.

Last edited:

Ray D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
PA
Don't sweat it. It tasted nasty to you. That's a good thing. :) You could almost try aversion by letting it make you sick (try taking a drag off a cigarette like you drag your PV. Be prepared for coughing and tears. ;))

I have an "emergency" pack of smokes in my truck's glove compartment. It's unopened and has sat there for almost 2 months now. I'll probably never open it. I'll also probably never throw it away. It's a reminder to me of how well I'm doing.

I have 4-5 juices I could vape all day and be content. But I have about 20 different kinds of juice in my cabinet. I'll switch it up... almost every day (and I usually swap between 3-4 juices during each day) to keep from getting bored. When I was still having those nagging thoughts (I need a stronger hit. Just one cigarette, etc), I found that helped me.

zuzette

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
Colorado
It took me almost 2 years to get off stinkys...I vaped and smoke together daily untill one day I just said enough was enough. It was when I visited my kids in Chicago last July and ran out of stinkys and went to a local store to pick up a couple of packs to hold me over for a couple of days before I went back to my home in Colorado. They where $11 per pack and I made a decision right there I'm done smoking. I haven't smoked since. I was a menthol smoker 1-2 packs a day for over 40 yrs...now I vape a peppermint flavor from Halo and I'm happy as a clam. I went from 24mg and I'm down to 12mg going for 6mg nic soon. If I can quit anybody can. I feel better and I pat myself on the back daily because I tried for 2 yrs without sucess. Good Luck!

I like this. I struggle with smoking too. Its good to know that just because I am on a slow boat to fully quitting does not mean I wont make it there eventually.
Im still smoking about 1/2 pack per day - but thats an astonishing 3600 cigarettes I did not smoke between August 1 and December 1. Thats 3600 more successes than failures :)

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado
I like this. I struggle with smoking too. Its good to know that just because I am on a slow boat to fully quitting does not mean I wont make it there eventually.
Im still smoking about 1/2 pack per day - but thats an astonishing 3600 cigarettes I did not smoke between August 1 and December 1. Thats 3600 more successes than failures :)
Good Job Zuzette. My sister and 2 of my brother in laws just started vaping and still smoke. my sister is down to 10 cigs a day coming from a little under a pack a day, her husband is down to 8-15 cigs a day coming from a pack and a half a day and my brother in law in Chicago is down to under a pack a day from almost two packs a day. We all smoked for well over 30 yrs, They use to make fun of me but now they love their e cigs. My son in Chicago is getting a ego starter kit for xmas, that's what he wanted. Vaping is catching on in a big way within my family now that I proved I could quit. No one thought I could do it, Yes it took me awhile but I did it finally. This makes me so happy and to think I started this family vape thing makes me even more happy. Good luck your doing great. Your day will come soon just keep trying.

tapout1003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2011
ohio
I smoked for around 17 years and usually 2 packs a day. Some days I still bum one off the smokers at work. I have a pack at home just in case. There was a time I stressed over smoking. I felt like a failure or I was worried I'd start again. I don't anymore. If i have one real cigarette on a tough day that's not a big deal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread