I wish my Vape store did.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
We have a lot of vape shops around here. They're popping up everywhere. I've been to a few of them but I'm spoiled by the prices I can get online so I rarely go into them anymore (and I'm not even referring to FT prices). A couple of them though really do seem to have knowledgeable people working there and some are just seeing a great opportunity for a growing market and know very little. I'm really torn because I want to support local businesses but when the prices are sometimes almost double of what I can get from online vendors it makes it tough for me to do so.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I'm really torn because I want to support local businesses but when the prices are sometimes almost double of what I can get from online vendors it makes it tough for me to do so.
If I can get something for a "good enough" price at the B&M, factoring in some value for having the item in hand, I try to give 'em some business. It may not be a lot of sales for them, but it's something? :unsure:

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
If I can get something for a "good enough" price at the B&M, factoring in some value for having the item in hand, I try to give 'em some business. It may not be a lot of sales for them, but it's something? :unsure:

Yeah, I was doing that as well. I know they have to have a mark up on their inventory. I totally understand that. But $49.95 for a Vision Spinner? That's for just the battery. Other prices seemed to follow suit. Like I said though, it's been a few months since I've been in one so maybe I'll drop by a couple of others and see what's up. If I get super customer service from a knowledgeable staff then the price difference is not nearly as much of an issue. Also the fact that there are so many shops around here (I can think of about 8-10 just in a 10 mile radius) prices will get a bit more competitive.

Argo2013

Sep 15, 2013
California
#1 carry reasonable priced juice, every time I'm out of my fav juice and have to last on their stuff it's marked up, $8.99 for 5 ml
#2 clerks that actually know what they are talking about, can't tell you how mNy times I've had to tell them what my device is etc..
#3 would be nice if they incorporated a vape bar, pay a buck or two get a tank full, vape, great way to meet fellow vapers and try new flavors
#4 open later, my local vape shop closes early and opens late.
#5 way to setup auto ordering for some of these websites, maybe send you an email when they are going to put the order in again and you could tell them no I don't need juice, otherwise autopay and ship, always hate waiting for my new juices to arrive when I'm out.
Just some ideas

R. Scott Kennan

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Hartford, CT, United States
My store has great customer service, good starter gear, and about two flavors of juice I like.

It's good for getting people started, but not really for going to the next level. For that they have Provari, but not much else. It's a sparse store, too- It's more of a boutique than anything. They have one small display case, and that's it. I wish they had better juices, a wider range of equipment, and supplies for do it yourself.

ta2dave76

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Las Vegas
I guess Im lucky. My goto shop is about 2 minutes from my house. The first time I went in there, I was greeted by the owner and his wife. I was still smoking at the time, and hadnt gotten into vaping yet. They showed me three or four basic setups, showed me how they worked, showed me the difference between the clearos, and let me sample as many of their "house made" juice as I wanted.

As heavily tattooed gunsling'n patched biker, I was skeptical about going in there. The local townies either love us or they want nothing to do with us. The vape shop had been open for a few months, but I honestly just thought it was another smoke/head shop so I paid them no attention. The first time in there, they made me feel like we were old friends.

Fast forward two months, Im in there two or three times a week, either for juice, to see if they have any new gadgets, or just to shoot the breeze.

They exchange or fix anything that you buy, and even if you dont get it there they will take a look at it. They always help new folks that come in. They dont try to upsell stuff that isnt needed. They will make any juice in any combo you want, and it's made fresh. If it needs to age, they let you know. Everyone knows the products on the shelves, and if they dont know an answer, they find someone that does. If they dont have something your looking for, they will get it for you. Some of the prices may be a little more than you can find online, but the customer service and atmosphere makes it worthwhile. Plus I been gettin the hookup on stuff lately, so that makes it pretty sweet too.

There are maybe 20+ vape shops in the Vegas area. Ive been to eight of them, and will not be going back to any of them. $60 for a Chi clone at my shop, but when the girl at another shop told me "Oh well that silver mod thingy is $125 and the gold colored brass one is $140. This Provari is much nicer and we can give it to you today for $340", that I have a problem with. Not to mention $90 for a Magneto, $120 for a Vamo v2, and $30 for a Protank.

So for me, good service, and honest people is what I look for.

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
I feel ya on the B & M's in town. There are two I will go to and buy liquid made on premises, but some of them are ridiculous. Have no idea of what they are selling or how it works, and charging ridiculous prices for the mostly cloned stuff they do have. Don't get me started on the "smoke" shops that have now added e cig supplies!

Hillargh

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Temple, GA
www.mythirtyone.com
I would wish that they would train their staff to know the products they sell.
This. I argued for 2 weeks straight with a dude my local B&M about mini protank 2 v.2's and whether or not they existed (even though I have one), how his sister was directly in contact with kanger and they knew nothing of it, must be fake, blah blah. Funnily enough, I stop by there on Tues and voila! There they are, removable tip and all. He wouldn't even acknowledge the previous argument.

I'll continue to buy juice there because it's cheap and I want more stores popping up, but I won't be looking to them for advice or knowledge.

Last edited:

4star60

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
St.louis
My local B&M is great... they have about 40 or more juice flavors in testers, they do custom blending at little extra cost. They charge 12-15dollars for 30mls. I bought my VTR from them at retail but I didn't mind because they had what I was looking for on hand. They give me any 30ml of juice for referrals and 10% of my next purchase. I asked if they could get me some Boge cartos and she reached in a drawer and pulled out several boxes of them... I feel pretty lucky after reading some of these posts! I think theyll survive when the overflow of the other shops starts collapsing...

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
I'm pretty well satisfied with the local shop. They custom mix both nicotine levels and pg/vg. Most of the juices I've tried are pretty good, and they've got a good line of Kanger and some other brands.

If I could ask for more, it might be free membership certificates for ecf and maybe a computer for their employees to cruise the site in slack times. A few are knowledgeable, but for the most part they are as helpful as their ignorance allows.

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
The local store here is pretty good. They need more space to handle taste testing/juice sales but they are very helpful and friendly. Most prices are fair, about the same i would get online after shipping. My only gripe is Kanthal prices......about $2.50 a foot if i remember right.
In all fairness, most people don't buy kanthal. They just want to put a new coil in an evod. However, I thought the $3 for 3 feet I pay locally is high o.0

alexdel

Nov 3, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
My local B&M mixes their juice in house and allows me to custom order anything. I love it.
I really really wish they would host some sort of meet night though, something where the people of the area could drop by, talk about their set ups, share tips and tricks and really just hang out. Get the vape community together. I think it would be a great time. Anyone have that in their area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread