IBTanked dimensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Could anyone with a standard length 22mm diameter carto tank with the long drip tip tool attached please tell me how long the whole thing is assembled, without the carto thread at the bottom, exactly as you would get it before installing the carto?

I've got a quiet hour at work and I'm looking at suitable cases for a Provari with the tank attached. I'm not keen on the dedicated cases I've seen so far. I'm using my phone to look, so hopefully it's not obvious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
15.5 cm or 6 & 1/4in. Measured using a 19mm Standard IBT, with the Stainless tank tool from IBT, on a Provari Mini. In mini mode, it will fit in this.

Black Large eGo Carrying Case

Interior dimensions of that case are 17.5 cm x 7.5cm, or 6 & 3/4" x 3".

If you have a standard size ProVari, I don't think it will fit in that case with the tank on. But there should be room for (unassembled) your mod, a tank in a thingy, and a spare battery.

I had found a really nice case after I'd purchased the one in the link above...I still may get it, see link below. It's going to hold PLENTY.
http://vaporforce.pinnaclecart.com/miscellaneous/bladetech-carry-tote/

Hope that helps. ;)

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Looks like a Peli 1030 would be a lovely fit for the bits you can see on the rough image below (I know it's terrible taking a photo of a monitor!).

Not much else would fit in there, but I am tempted! The Provari box includes the tank and tip/tool, so fully assembled. Now the hard choice between form and function come into play :D

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Looks like a Peli 1030 would be a lovely fit for the bits you can see on the rough image below (I know it's terrible taking a photo of a monitor!).

Not much else would fit in there, but I am tempted! The Provari box includes the tank and tip/tool, so fully assembled. Now the hard choice between form and function come into play :D

I like the idea of the box too, but I'm hardly an expert. I googled, and it appears the box is airtight, waterproof, and sturdy enough to take being driven over, at least that's what one picture hinted.
If you're into water sports, boating/fishing, or hiking, climbing, etc. It might be a good thing to have something waterproof, and a little more durable.

I know someone who lost their iPhone, it was in a water tight case, and had been run over by a car...(lost on a parking lot) the case was damaged and cracked, but the phone intact when returned....yes, it was actually returned by the stranger who found it. ;)

One thing worth mentioning regarding airtight cases..., and I'm no expert here either, but if you have the misfortune to have a battery vent, if it is in a sealed container, the sealed container can (for lack of a better word) explode. Maybe someone will add to that, but it's my understanding that batteries should not be sealed in completely air tight containers.
Just research and use your own best judgement there.

I would take the ego case (completely) out of the running. The ego case is perfectly fine for an inexpensive case, but it's not going to be a long lasting solution. (My zipper seems less than sturdy.)

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I'm still looking around at Maxpedition organiser type cases so I can hold more stuff in there. The next size up Peli case, the 1060 I think can hold much more too.

Pelican cases have a built in pressure equalisation valve, so if the worst did happen with a battery, it should automatically open up to vent the gasses. I've kept ammunition in them a long time ago and I recall someone making a video to test the valve against a rapid expansion of gas and it worked rather well. A friend of mine was a helicopter gunner in Afghanistan and he had his iPhone in one. He managed to drop it out of the helicopter, and when he eventually found it, the case just had minor scuffs with the contents intact! He still uses it now I believe.

Still, I digress. I am leaning more towards the practicality of stashing more equipment rather than ultra toughness. I'm no butter fingers so I'm not so worried about that :D

Thanks for the Ego case warning too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread