Status
Not open for further replies.

NocVision

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2013
Michigan
www.meshwizard.com
Ok so I got my OCD tank today from IBTanked.

Great tank... just one problem.

I have smoktek XL carto's... but with the little flange on the bottom that fits with the smoktech tanks. I don't have any XL carto's without the flange. So I need to go order some of those.

The carto's still work, but there's that tiny little probably 1ml in width flange at the bottom that creates a 'spacer' almost & makes it look poopy.

Ugh lol

Heh, nevermind.

I took it to my shop and decided to just fix it myself.

Looks beautiful! I'll have to post a pic soon. :D

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
i just wish they sold "complete units" something I can just fill and use. So I do not have to worry if i got all the parts needed or the correct parts.

This is something we have been thinking about. We do have the Bolt kits which have everything in them but a complete plain tank with carto and drip tip is something I think I will add.

Ejuice4cig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2013
CA, San Jose
i just wish they sold "complete units" something I can just fill and use. So I do not have to worry if i got all the parts needed or the correct parts.

They do have complete tank now, in the section "complete kit and tank". I found this out right after I completed my order... Anyhow, can't wait to receive them...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
They do have complete tank now, in the section "complete kit and tank". I found this out right after I completed my order... Anyhow, can't wait to receive them...
This is good news for new tank users. With the tanks coming in two different diameters (19mm and 25mm) and each of them coming in two lengths (standard and XL), it was confusing for newbs to know what cartomizer to use. And to include the tank filling tool is a great bonus to help prolong the life of those all important o-rings.

OCD....always thinking of a better way. Grats!! :thumbs:

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
View attachment 162610
Heres the spinner with a 19mm XL IBTanked

OK so I don't know if this is exactly the thread for this, but I think it is...

I'm a total noob to tank systems. I've been vaping since March but strictly my 808, but now I want to take the plunge and after reading around some I want to go with these IBTanks and am looking for basically a setup exactly like above.

So say I chose the 19mm tank with SS caps and got a VV Spinner 650, then I also need cartomizers and a drip tip and that's it right?

It's all pretty much plug and play?

Sorry if this isn't exactly the place for this but I really like the looks of these tanks and that setup.

jwhorner6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Maryland
Need a little help. Just recently got 2 of the 19mm tanks with acrylic caps from IBTanked. One of my tanks is fine, no problems. But one of the tanks has a horrible, horrible, chemical/plastic/rubbery smell that imparts a bad flavor into the juice. I have tried soaking it in alcohol for a little while but it did not help.

Has anyone else ever experienced this and if so, how do you remedy it?

Thanks,

Jared

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hi Barry, we had to remove the made to order products from the site temporarily. We ran out of hours in the day and it was an 80/20 situation where 80% of our time was going into 20% of our orders. We are working on building inventory on the custom colors and acrylic caps and will begin to bring them back limited to qty on hand to better serve our customers. The Custom cut to length tubes will come back with some sort of minimums.

Hi Jared, send me a PM to let me know the order number and which cap is the problem. We have had this same complaint with a a very few sets of caps and my own belief is that it is a combination of someone who is sensitive to the acrylic smell and maybe just a small portion of the rod that is a little stronger than the rest because I have sent replacement caps made from the same rod with issue resolved and also had feedback that caps were given to someone else who doesnt notice any problem with them.

For folks who are particularly sensitive to the smell of plastic I would suggest only using metal caps. A couple things I have heard of folks doing are soaking in pg overnight (might even rinse and soak again in clean pg) and also simply letting them sit. It may take awhile but most likely any odor they are putting off will dissipate in time. The fresh cut surfaces being recently exposed when these are made naturally has not had much time to offgas so however bad they are now it will only diminish as they have a chance to air out.

Anyhow, we will fix you up... just send me a note.

Last edited:

jwhorner6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Maryland
Hi Barry, we had to remove the made to order products from the site temporarily. We ran out of hours in the day and it was an 80/20 situation where 80% of our time was going into 20% of our orders. We are working on building inventory on the custom colors and acrylic caps and will begin to bring them back limited to qty on hand to better serve our customers. The Custom cut to length tubes will come back with some sort of minimums.

Hi Jared, send me a PM to let me know the order number and which cap is the problem. We have had this same complaint with a a very few sets of caps and my own belief is that it is a combination of someone who is sensitive to the acrylic smell and maybe just a small portion of the rod that is a little stronger than the rest because I have sent replacement caps made from the same rod with issue resolved and also had feedback that caps were given to someone else who doesnt notice any problem with them.

For folks who are particularly sensitive to the smell of plastic I would suggest only using metal caps. A couple things I have heard of folks doing are soaking in pg overnight (might even rinse and soak again in clean pg) and also simply letting them sit. It may take awhile but most likely any odor they are putting off will dissipate in time. The fresh cut surfaces being recently exposed when these are made naturally has not had much time to offgas so however bad they are now it will only diminish as they have a chance to air out.

Anyhow, we will fix you up... just send me a note.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I believe you are correct in your assumption of some people being sensitive to it because a coworker of mine does not notice the smell or taste at all but I can not take it lol. PM sent and thanks again.

Jared

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
Thanks, I figured I was just dumb haha.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
OCD, I'm confused what to order from your site, I don't know if I am adding the correct items to my cart.

So is the "complete tank" ready to be vaped when it arrives? Or do I need to buy a cartomizer? The pic from the complete tank looks exactly the same as the $5.00 clear tank tube.

What is a thingy? Do i necessary need it?

Last edited:

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
OCD, I'm confused what to order from your site, I don't know if I am adding the correct items to my cart.

So is the "complete tank" ready to be vaped when it arrives? Or do I need to buy a cartomizer? The pic from the complete tank looks exactly the same as the $5.00 clear tank tube.

What is a thingy? Do i necessary need it?

Just noticed the "complete tank" option myself.... Didn't see it when I ordered but to me it looks like everything needed to start vaping, except for juice and a battery/mod of your own. Very nice little package if I must say so. Just got two tanks into my hands the other day and am very impressed! 19mm size is perfect for Provari, Vamo, and similar sized mods. You simply can't go wrong with an OCD tank! Oh, and a "thingy" is a plastic case to protect the tank when not in use on a battery, yeah...you should have it.

I must have lucked out and gotten the last green colored tank for a while, went back to order some other colors and was a little bummed to see they aren't available right now. I will be waiting patiently for more to become available. Was considering a more expensive tank option for a while but after seeing and using these tanks, I'm sold and will happily give my money to IBT instead from this point on.

The complete tank kit is a nice pkg, priced great, and is a superb tank. Others told me, so now I want to tell everyone too!

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
Do I have to order more carto's? Do they die out fast? I'm ordering the complete tank now but not sure if I should add anything else so I don't have to order again in the future and pay for shipping twice.

Just noticed the "complete tank" option myself.... Didn't see it when I ordered but to me it looks like everything needed to start vaping, except for juice and a battery/mod of your own. Very nice little package if I must say so. Just got two tanks into my hands the other day and am very impressed! 19mm size is perfect for Provari, Vamo, and similar sized mods. You simply can't go wrong with an OCD tank! Oh, and a "thingy" is a plastic case to protect the tank when not in use on a battery, yeah...you should have it.

I must have lucked out and gotten the last green colored tank for a while, went back to order some other colors and was a little bummed to see they aren't available right now. I will be waiting patiently for more to become available. Was considering a more expensive tank option for a while but after seeing and using these tanks, I'm sold and will happily give my money to IBT instead from this point on.

The complete tank kit is a nice pkg, priced great, and is a superb tank. Others told me, so now I want to tell everyone too!

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
You might want to pick up a few extra cartos, I've vaped stand alone cartos exclusively so far and I usually get a couple weeks use out of one before the draw and taste start to change, so...they aren't usable forever, but hold up pretty well to my chain vaping for a while. I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that they probably do the same inside a tank after a while, so yeah...you might want to have some extras in case they change on you. These tanks vape incredible I just have to say....I'm not an expert or even a veteran, bit I know what I like and they work great for me!

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
  • OCD
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: Supplier posting about business in unauthorized area.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
  • OCD
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: Supplier posting about business in unauthorized area.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread