iclear 30s coil issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo84

Dec 15, 2018
Hi

I'm using a Innokin Cool Fire 4 Plus with Innokin iClear 30s coils.

In the last few weeks, I have had to replace the coils more and more frequently. I normally use one coil for about a week, no I have to change every 2 to 3 days.
I've noticed that the coils which are 1.8 ohm originally end up in the 2.30 2.40 after a couple of days.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

Marcelo84

Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for your reply.

I have changed but same shop and same flavours. I used to get 40 ml of base, 10ml of 70VG/30PG nicotine, and 2 bottles of flavour. Recently got packs of 4 * 10ml of Pure VG base (nicotine already mixed in) + 10ml of flavour. So not that different, is it?

The mod seems to work fine, but could it be the cause of the problem? 2 days seem really short (i go through about 6-8ml a day.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Your iClear 30 clearomizers are old technology. Since it is an older tank, available coils may be old stock, or be of poorer quality than before. I'm kind of surprised those coils are still being made. If memory serves me right, the iClear 30 came out in 2013. It's pretty rare for something that old to still be produced.

You might consider upgrading to a more modern clearomizer. I'll suggest the Innokin Zenith tank, which is extremely popular around here.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
The mod seems to work fine, but could it be the cause of the problem? 2 days seem really short (i go through about 6-8ml a day.
Welcome and glad you joined.
6-8 seems about right. Style of vaping along with equipment and e liquid can be huge factors in determining longevity of a drop in coil.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
http://spinfuel.com/art-drip-guide-vaping/
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
Atomizer vs. Cartomizer vs. Clearomizer. The Ultimate Guide
RBA vape guide: RDA, RTA, Genesis, and More
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
http://www.geekayvapes.com/squonking-101/

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Your iClear 30 clearomizers are old technology. Since it is an older tank, available coils may be old stock, or be of poorer quality than before. I'm kind of surprised those coils are still being made. If memory serves me right, the iClear 30 came out in 2013. It's pretty rare for something that old to still be produced.

You might consider upgrading to a more modern clearomizer. I'll suggest the Innokin Zenith tank, which is extremely popular around here.

Lol.. I was going to say the same thing, "they still make those? Wow.. "

Hahaha

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ok then, is the innokin Zenith the tank to go for then? With which coil?

I should mention that I have a iSub V from 3 years ago, and a Jacvapour S22 tank.

Are these any good?
I think most people here will confirm that the Innokin Zenith tank is the best non-sub-ohm MTL tank currently on the market. As to which coil, I would go with the higher ohm coil as it would be the closest to what you are familiar with the iclear 30 if that is what you are looking to replace.

In reality, you should try both coils though. That's the only way to determine which one truly suits you.

I don't know what the iSub V is, never heard of it. I've heard of the JAC Vapour S22 because I have two JAC Vapor series B DNA75W but I've never tried the S22 tank. What do you think of it?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Opinionated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread