Icon users - Can I use cartomizers with my Icon v1.1 with v2 (moated) adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.B.

Dec 23, 2010
Cumming, GA
I originally posted this in the wrong forum...oops!

I rec'd my Icon yesterday and love it! I haven't switched a battery since! So it is quite a bit different from my Joye 510 units I was using.

At any rate, I purchased the ICON V1.1 - Full Kit - 510 and requested the v2 Moated adapter. I am having no problems with 510 atomizers. They seem to fit great and really work well on the Icon. When I tried to attach a cartomizer, it doesn't seem to fit (easily) so I stopped in fear of miss-threading the Icon itself.

Does anyone know if I can use cartomizers on it? I tried a Joye 510 Mega cartomizer and a regular Joye 510 cartomizer. Both felt the same way when I was attempting to thread.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Mr. B.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
The ideal forum for this would be Puresmoker's, but I guess you don't have enough posts in yet to start a thread outside this and the New Members forums. You may want to consider piggybacking on someone else's related thread in that forum. For example, I see that lasttango just started a thread there on "Maintenance Tips for a New Icon?" He's a nice guy; I bet he wouldn't mind if you posted your query there.

I've never used the ICON, but your question has been sitting here for a couple days now and it seems my veteran cronies (at least the ones who haunt this forum) don't either. So I will speculate. I can't see any reason why a 510 cartomizer would not work on any mod with a 510 fitting, moated or otherwise. [A bottom-fed juice mod is a possible exception.] And certainly the threading shouldn't be an issue. Have you tried those cartomizers on any other 510 battery?

If this speculation causes a more knowledgeable person to correct me (e.g., by PM to you and me): all well and good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread