ICR123 Batteries - Will they work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone at PS,

I recently purchased a Prodigy 801 set used from a fellow vapor-er. Everything is in working order and it seems great.

I have a set of ICR 123 batteries and a charger to go with it. They are listed as 3.7 volts and 750mah.

I didnt realize until I got the Prodigy, but they are a bit longer than the Tenergy ones you guys offer, the endcap doesn't fully twist on. It does go most of the way on and I can get a puff off of the unit with them in (cooked the juice good!).

Anyway, I was wondering if there was any potential risk of damaging the prodigy with those batteries, or any risks by having the endcap only partially twisted on while in use. Its tight, wont slip off easily... its just not 100% twisted on.

Looking forward to a 4081 adapter :)

Thanks!

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
Hi Camoriun,

I'd suggest that you keep a close eye on the battery cap threads for oxidization (white crud) or pitting which would indicate a less than desireable ground contact. Also be sure not to overtighten the cap in an attempt to keep it from coming loose. It is after all, Aluminum and it would be easy to pull (or roll) the threads on an unseated battery cap.

With 2X 3.7V you are at >6V underload, so be sure to keep your atty's moist or you will likely be "Cookin' your atty's Good" too.:(

You may find it better to just get some 3V rcr123a's to avoid risking damage to your Prodigys threads and/or your atty's.

Good Luck and welcome to the Prodigy family.:)

Mike

Last edited:

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
i thought the resistor limits the voltage to the atty any way?

Doesn't actually limit the voltage to a certain set point. It decrease the supplied voltage by ~ 20%. so peak voltage of 2X 3V = ~7V will be decreased to about 5.5V underload. Apply the same math to 2X 3.7V = 8.4V will be decreased to about 6.7V underload.

Steve has the actual test data. I'm just ball-parking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread