[IDEA!] Flavor list & Percentages Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
Scrounging through the forums these last few days I've noticed that there's one thing missing.

I know that taste is a "to each their own" matter, but I believe that it would be beneficial for the entire community to get together, and develop a section, sticky, or something in which we can list what flavors "DIY'ers" have used, what vendor it was from,a nd the "base" percentage" that they found for it.

For instance, It could look something like this:
------------------------------
Vendor: LorAnn Oils
Flavor: Natural Peppermint
%/ml: 1%/ml
Hint: STRONG!
------------------------------
I'd prefer if each vendor had their own thread, and would like to keep them all in a "parent list" within the first post of the thread, so that people won't have to read through 50 posts figuring out where their flavor is listed, if at all.
I would start this, but I'm still tinkering with my original set of flavors trying to find a good "base amount." where they aren't overpowering by themselves.

This way if someone is new to DIY'ing then they'll know that even at 1% the LorAnn Natural Peppermint Oil is a STRONG mint that needs to be used in a VERY conservative manner.

I'm not sure why this hasn't been done yet; but I do believe that it would help make these forums grow even larger as a community; by adding a VERY intriguing topic of conversation that's not categorized (as to my knowledge) and would be a GREAT addition!

If you agree that the community could benefit from this, then please "like" this, and bump it so that we can informt he moderators that it's something that everyone could use.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
Problem is everyone may like it at different % .

Reading is essential, ya'know...

Dracconus said:
I know that taste is a "to each their own" matter, but I believe that it would be beneficial for the entire community to get together, and develop a section, sticky, or something in which we can list what flavors "DIY'ers" have used, what vendor it was from, and the "base" percentage" that they found for it.

What I'm saying is that there is a "starting point" at which every flavor begins to impact the PG/VG mixture that it comes into contact with.
Addressing these, and informing others of them would be the point of this as previously stated. I suppose perhaps that I wasn't direct enough, although I'm not sure how I didn't come off clearly in my approach.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Its a good idea but would need two different percentage recommendations for high PG and high VG vapers as that component of the mixing does determine percentages needed to get same or similar effect.

There are allready some basics strewn across the forum as questions crop up like what are some general starting points for Flavour Art or this or that brand. General ranges would probably be best and as Magik stated even that will be disputed....lol

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
This may help you from the stickies. There are also a few more lists in the stickies.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/74109-guide-diy-flavoring.html

Good luck!

That's absolutely insane...I swear I read through all of those, and I guess that I did it so long ago I'd totally forgotten that individual post had the strength percentages within it. Also note, however, that several are still missing strengths.

Oh, I think it'd be helpful in that regard, if
Mistress_of_design said:
could update her thread with the strength percentages as that's the thread I checked most recently (today) and saw nothing of them listed.
Thanks Salemegold, and my apologies for having not remembered that. Perhaps due to the nature of the thread, and a good 75% of its content being related more to the strength of flavors, it could be renamed? Or perhaps another thread created copied from that one with a new title more aptly suited to its content, thus making it easier for people to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread