If the FDA ban e-liquid, Will you vape Organic Insecticide??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
OK, Lets say that the FDA ban the e-liquid and e-cig!

At this moment the modds in this forum has show as how to make an e-cig, so we may be able to make our own or ask someone with the skill to make one for us. Yes??

Ok, e-liquid without Nicotine is easier than making cookies! So no problem there.

But what about the e-liquid with Nicotine?

What about an Organic Insecticide (You know that Nicotine is used to make Organic Insecticides, don't you?) with the same formulation of the e-liquid. Would you vape that?

Can the FDA ban an Organic Insecticide??

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
First off all Nicotine sulfate is the semi-finished product of nicotine. Those insecticides contain "Nicotine Sulfate" not plain ol Nicotine. It would be incredibly dangerous to smoke it. In fact, even farmers/gardners who do use it know it could be too powerful in some cases to use as it could kill off more than they bargain for even if it is an "organic" insecticide. It's still not as dangerous as other insecticides to use of course but it's certainly not something someone would want to inhale or ingest.

Last edited:

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
First off all Nicotine sulfate is the semi-finished product of nicotine. Those insecticides contain "Nicotine Sulfate" not plain ol Nicotine. It would be incredibly dangerous to smoke it. In fact, even farmers/gardners who do use it know it could be too powerful in some cases to use as it could kill off more than they bargain for even if it is an "organic" insecticide.

I found a factory that use Nicotine and not Nicotine sulfate, and it seems that our e-liquid can be used as Organic Insecticide.

Just for clarification: The Idea is to order a factory to produce an "Organic Insecticide" with the same formulation as the e-liquid. Without any flavor in it!

And the main question is: Can FDA ban an Organic Insecticide??

This is just Mad Ideas if the worst come!

But Thank you Rexa for the clarification about Nicotine Sulfate;)

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
Hmm. I guess that could prove to be interesting then but if the factory produces it then for the purpose of it being an insecticide then they would not really care about monitoring what the specific nicotine content would be in the liquid since it's not for human consumption. How would we find a way around that part? More importantly, does the factory even list the percentages of ingredients on it's product? Would love to know.

I haven't really looked, just started vaping, so whats up with the FDA are they banning it? Just stopping us from importing from other countries, are they shutting down companies in America that are selling these supplies? What exactly is there reasoning behind it other than nicotine is a poison and young kids can get to it easily? Same is true for cigarettes and they aren't trying to ban those, just increase taxes is all that's going on with that. Is there problem that they're not taxing it enough or not able to tax it the way they want? Sounds like they don't trust this invention very much. Before they shut it down they better do some testings and it better not be animal testing.

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
Hmm. I guess that could prove to be interesting then but if the factory produces it then for the purpose of it being an insecticide then they would not really care about monitoring what the specific nicotine content would be in the liquid since it's not for human consumption. How would we find a way around that part? More importantly, does the factory even list the percentages of ingredients on it's product? Would love to know.

The Idea is just that! You, me or any other vaper can contract a lab or factory to make the Organic Insecticide with the standards that you want. You are the one that put the conditions and can use a 3th party verification/certification company like SGS or Veritas to test each lot for conformity.

So, can the FDA ban an Organic Insecticide??

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
Ok I get it now. No they can't ban the instecticide but they could arrest you and most likely, federally prosecute you (assuming e-liquid is completely banned) for intent of using a controlled substance in an illegal manner (i already know I worded it wrong but it's something along those lines). Illegal manner meaning that if eliquid gets banned, you are using it in an illegal way for those purposes. Unless... you're sneakily passing it off as your "own brand" of organic pesticide :)

Last edited:

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
I would just grow my own tobacco in my own back yard.
Get your seeds at Redwood City Seed Co. in California.
google it-cant post link yet-(54 year old) newbie....

And How are you going to extract the Nic? That is far more dangerous process than to use this "Organic Insecticide"!

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
I like it... worst case scenario.. I call up Johnson creek and say "Send me a 30ml bottle of your tennesee cured smoke.....er... I mean.... ORGANIC PESTICIDE." They say "Sir, we don't make organic... oh.. uh... yeah, we'll send some right over" :p Wink, Wink, Nod, Nod, Know what I mean?

Interesting point!..simply form a labelling point of view if all else doesn't work!

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Yeah, I get the "wink, wink, nod, nod" thing, but I gotta say that that requires a heck of a lot of trust in someone to vape something labeled organic pesticide.

I think at that point, I'd be giving up nicotine solutions. I have no problem going black market, but I just don't think I could vape something labeled as a pesticide, winks and nods notwithstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread