If the FDA ban e-liquid, Will you vape Organic Insecticide??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
I would buy an Iinhale vaporizer and soak all the tobacco I have in PG and LorAnns, and vape the concoction. I purchased about 20 lbs of european shag before the tax increase (I was a chainsmoking rollyerowner). Then I found e-cigs, and now I am loaded with tobacco but don't smoke it....yet. :)

Edited to add, I won't smoke it -- but I bet I would vape it.

Last edited:

ISAWHIM

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
www.isawhim.com
I was trying to say that the danger of using "insecticide" or "pesticide", comes from the fact that it is a solution designed for killing, and thus, has processing methods that include the use of lethal extractions which may be left behind in the final product.

Where as, nicotine extracted for human consumption, "Food safe", or "Pharmaceutical", or "Medical', has extraction methods that ensure there are no lethal resins or toxins within the final extraction.

Xylene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EG, xylene is a common extractant. Xylene is highly cancerous. Xylene may be present in insecticide extraction of nicotine, but if it was used for extraction that was intended for human consumption... They would further ensure that all xylene was removed before use. They don't care if insects ingest xylene... they are going to die from the nicotine insecticide anyways.

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
Just for clarification: The Idea is to order a factory to produce an "Organic Insecticide" with the same formulation as the e-liquid. Without any flavor in it!

So you will ask the factory to use Nicotine for human consumption.

Again, the idea is to contract with a factory to make organic pesticide according to your instructions. Not to buy regular organic pesticide.

OldBiker

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
South Mississippi
Okay, a little more info on above post. EPA registration cancellation was on Nov 30 1992. Here is a link:

PAN Product Info for Black leaf 40 garden spray

I had the same idea of mixing pesticide with PG in an effort to make my own juice. However, you can still buy nicotine sulfate 40% aqueous solution from suppliers who sell to labs. I don't know if you have to have credentials or not.

Last edited:

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
sigh..

Glad i just got to the whole vaping scene 3 weeks ago, just in time to quit smoking, but worry about not being able to enjoy my e ciggies anymore... All the fascism thoughts concerning our govt...aside... I am so frustrated with our country regarding vaping though and the latest developments.... i mean,,,, cmon... for ****'s sake. This has the potential to positively impact our entire health care funding and the impact tobacco makes,,,, but all they see is the money lost on taxing it.... just makes me sick.

i haven't smoked an analog in 3 weeks thanks to e-cigs, and now, the govt wants to take it away and make me go back to killing myself slowly.. I just don't get it anymore...

If it came down to it, i would try to find a source of nicotine, PG and flavoring and making my own. hell, if i had to extract it from nicorette i'd do it,, i love these things too much, and to be free of smoke... I will find a way and if i do, i will let you all know (i'm a pretty savvy guy, chemist background)....... I can order nicotine from somewhere like sigma,, but,,, i don't know if that's a feasible route.....
I agree, I agree, I agree... This could get ugly and quick tho. Supplier sections will have to disappear and this fourm would have to rely on donations only. There will be many people tring diffrent methods like this crazy thread here. I will not buy any alalogs as i don't want to support the government as they are not making an effort to help suppot me. What have you done for me lately big brother other that making more rules, spending more money that don't make sense. Yeah why dont you go and bail out Chrysler and leave the little guy that is tring to make a safer alternative to smoking available to their self and loved ones. Sorry people just things like that realyy piss me off. Like we don't have any other problems in this country to deal with. FDA should be ashamed of themselves. They know that is is safer than tobacco. Even a blind squirl can get a nut once in a while. Give us a break!

RacoonSpirit

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA USA
scintar - Count me as highly ...... off too. The FDA claims they're protecting our health. BULLS--T!! Check out their track record on that score, I won't even start naming the things they approved that later were pulled from the market because they were unsafe.

Ditto OldBiker - the news just had an article saying FDA is now pulling HydroxyCut off the shelves (not that I used it) claiming it is not safe - what flipping jerks!

If they decide to enforce a ban, I will certainly create a mod, grow my own tobacco and make my own stuff - can't be any more difficult than using herbs I already use as part of my Native American way.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Ditto OldBiker - the news just had an article saying FDA is now pulling HydroxyCut off the shelves (not that I used it) claiming it is not safe - what flipping jerks!

If they decide to enforce a ban, I will certainly create a mod, grow my own tobacco and make my own stuff - can't be any more difficult than using herbs I already use as part of my Native American way.
May I ask, what is HydroxyCut? :confused:

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
Okay, a little more info on above post. EPA registration cancellation was on Nov 30 1992. Here is a link:

PAN Product Info for Black leaf 40 garden spray

I had the same idea of mixing pesticide with PG in an effort to make my own juice. However, you can still buy nicotine sulfate 40% aqueous solution from suppliers who sell to labs. I don't know if you have to have credentials or not.

Well, this is the end of this issue. Thank you, I didn't know about it.

OldBiker

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
South Mississippi
I have seen references to people importing small quantites, but most of the gardening folks who want to use nicotine insecticide make their own by soaking cig tobacco in water then spraying it on plants. Haven't tried it personally though. Along those lines I remember reading a post where someone soaked tobacco in pg to make smoke juice. I didn't pay enough attention at the time, but imo that would probably dissolve some of the bad stuff along with the nicotine and probably isn't very good for the atomizer. I am just guessing on that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread