Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperialbeachboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Imperial Beach Ca.
hey ladies and gents. I've been vamping for a little while and i think its time to dabble into the RDA world. don't want to spend a whole lot cause i know its not for everyone. I've been looking at the IGO L and the IGO W. i know that the L is a single coil and the W is the double. should i get the W and start off making single coils on it till I'm ready to make double coils or should i get the L and when I'm ready for double coils buy the W?is there any downside using the W as a single coil RDA?i have a feeling after using a single coil for a few days ill want to step up to a double coil.

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
whats the difference between the L and the S?

It's 14mm diameter vs the L at 20mm and about 2mm shorter and the deck doesn't have a rim around it so it leaks a little easier. Some people say it hits harder because there is less room inside it but I don't have an L to confirm that.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Wonder how my Optimus S compares to your Igo-S... it's roughly the size of your typical prebuilt dripper. Possibly the smallest RDA out there? It hits nice though. Top piece fits, eh, pretty dang loose but I've never had it leak once. Just need to be mindful of the situation going on down there and you're good to go.

I still want an Igo-W for larger deck and general all-purpose coil building fun.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I recommend the W and use both the L and the W. I also prefer a 20mm or even slightly larger platform, so I may try the S. I'm currently holding out for the Origen to come back into stock. My dream RDA has a deep wide platform, dual coil (or single coil), and "unlimited" air flow control. The Origen may be that RDA, we shall see. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices, particularly since you are learning and experimenting with different builds. The more "room" you have, the easier the build, imho, particularly at first. Eventually with the right gear and enough magnification, I can still build most coils even with arthritis. Best of luck to you! Btw, I've had real good luck with cotton, and prefer it to silica and while I use several different coil sizes, my 32 kanthal is my go to wire. Just depends on what I'm targeting for resistance. I vary from about 1.0 to 2.0 Ohms. I'm still trying to find that perfect build for me, as I seem to like them all so far. Best of luck!

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
Yeah, get the W, and practice single coils. When you're ready to move up to dual coil, you can drill the second airflow hole in the cap... Seriously, why would you design a dual coil RDA with 1 airflow hole? Not to say that it's a reason to not get it though. For the price, you can afford to drill a hole in it. Hell, for its price you can afford to buy 2, and drill a hole in one, and if you, for some strange reason, don't like proper airflow, you could put a string in the holes, glue the cap on, and wear it as a necklace. Literally inexpensive enough to do something like that... :laugh:

stealthmayhem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
Dover, Delaware, United States
I am actually using an Igo-L @ 1.8 ohms using silica on a Vamo V2. I have tried cotton wicks and I must be doing something wrong. I have never been able to get the vapor production that I do from silica. I have tried large wicks, small wicks, and most in between. Cotton yarn, cotton balls, q-tips, etc.

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
I picked up a clone from Fasttech for ~$7.00 for the Igo-L.
This is what I am using Linky

The igo's for ~$7 on FT are actually clones. lol

When I go hunting for a deal, I google the item I'm looking for, and open every hit that comes up for 3 pages, or until I get mostly British sites. Then I open all of my bookmarked sites, and find the item on them. Then I weed through to find the best prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread