Igo-w Dual Coil High (how to get 1.8-2.2 ohms while rocking 2 coils?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclay1192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2013
California
photo 3.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 4.jpg photo 5.jpg photo 1.jpg

These pics are about the lowest resitance coil i can get.. (how do i get higher ohms?? more wraps correct..? im not a troll this is literally my second day building)

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
View attachment 278349 View attachment 278350 View attachment 278351 View attachment 278352 View attachment 278353

These pics are about the lowest resitance coil i can get.. (how do i get higher ohms?? more wraps correct..? im not a troll this is literally my second day building)

No worries...we're here to help.:)

It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks like your coils are a little too loose. And what ohm is it?

This is a 1.2 ohm dual coil with 28 awg. While not my prettiest coils this is what you should be shooting for. And it's not an IGO but the principal is the same. Have you checked out the video link yet? Supes does a much better job explaining it than I can.

jclay1192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2013
California
No worries...we're here to help.:)

It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks like your coils are a little too loose. And what ohm is it?

This is a 1.2 ohm dual coil with 28 awg. While not my prettiest coils this is what you should be shooting for. And it's not an IGO but the principal is the same. Have you checked out the video link yet? Supes does a much better job explaining it than I can.

If I may. What APV is that? It's not the VTR right?? anyways here's my coil,, seeing how nice yours look i need some input. Mine reads 2.3 ohms photo (3).jpg

and nooo sorry, i havn't seen the vid yet. I've been watching so many RBA youtube vids my brain is going.. "JUST FRIGGEN MAKE ONE THAT WORKS ALREADY"

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
It's really hard to tell if it is on the pic but make sure the coil is not touching your posts. That will mess up the ohm reading. Stick with trying to get some single coils to get the hang of it. Don't expect to get anything over 1.5-2 ohms on 28 wire. Add some more wraps to increase the ohms. Look into some micro coil vids for how to get the coils tight. Even if you do them as big as 1/8 inch diam they will glow nicely and evenly using that technique. If i recall on1/8 diam it takes about 8-10 wraps of 28.any more wraps than that and it will take too long for the coil to heat.
Once you get some 32 it will make doing higher ohms easier. Also if you don't have a torch for heating the wire to press it tight a candle works. I started by putting a tea light in a holder and holding the coil over the flame till red then pinched with needle nose and removed from the flame and cooled for a min or so before releasing from the needlenose.

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
If I may. What APV is that? It's not the VTR right?? anyways here's my coil,, seeing how nice yours look i need some input. Mine reads 2.3 ohms View attachment 278366

and nooo sorry, i havn't seen the vid yet. I've been watching so many RBA youtube vids my brain is going.. "JUST FRIGGEN MAKE ONE THAT WORKS ALREADY"

It's a Reo Grand bottom feeding mechanical. I like it so much I bought three.

As for your coil...much better! Try dry firing it until the coils are nice and orange and then squeeze them together and hold them with a pair of needle noise pliers (after you let go of the fire button!). You want the coils touching as much as possible.

The best way to mount them is to leave them wrapped around your drill bit while you mount them in the atty. That way they don't get deformed while you're wrestling with the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread