IGO-W, NIMBUS or TRIDENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a Nimbus, and the holes in the posts don't line up on it, either - the middle post is turned slightly to one side, making it a bit tricky to thread the wire. Once I get it set up, though, it is by far my favorite atomizer. Having said that, I can't see any reason why the igo-W wouldn't work just as well. The key is the air flow. I haven't used an igo-W, but I have a couple of ig-L's and the air holes are tiny. You'll probably have to drill them out some to get good vapor production, but again, it's the same with the Nimbus. My advice is to go with the less expensive model first. If you like the dual coils and want another one, then you can spend more on a Nimbus with out fear of regret.

I have a Nimbus, and the holes in the posts don't line up on it, either - the middle post is turned slightly to one side, making it a bit tricky to thread the wire. Once I get it set up, though, it is by far my favorite atomizer. Having said that, I can't see any reason why the igo-W wouldn't work just as well. The key is the air flow. I haven't used an igo-W, but I have a couple of ig-L's and the air holes are tiny. You'll probably have to drill them out some to get good vapor production, but again, it's the same with the Nimbus. My advice is to go with the less expensive model first. If you like the dual coils and want another o, then you can spend more on a Nimbus with out fear of regret.

I agree I had to drill my igo w with a 1/16 drill. Works great now.

RawnGermy

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
I'm in your head
Thanks to all for the replies, since I originally posted this, I have bought the IGO-L, IGO-W, Chimbus and RSST.

Out of all 4, I like the performance of the W, follow by the L then RSST and last the Chimbus. Actually I don't like the chimbus at all, posts are misaligned and cap fits loose, material is thinner than W or L. I've been vaping on the RSST for a couple of days only, and so far I'm happy with its performance. I currently have a dual coil of flat ribbon 2/3 wraps over ekowool on my W and it performs amazing, single coil of 28g Khantal over ekowool for the L and steel wire rope wick with 2/3 wraps of 28g khantal on the RSST. Now if I can only find a Stormrider 2.1 for grabs ..... :blush:

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
I have an IGO-L that i got for like 25-ish shipped after buying the coil and wick with it... Works great as far as I am concerned I had a noob boo boo since I am new to them but I think I am getting better but in my limited experience its a great cheap RDA

SO what was the noob boo boo? I'm only a couple months into vaping, have a glass kanger protank II and a Matrix-s dripper. I don't like the messiness of the standard atomizer with long wicks in a huge chamber for dripping like the Matrix-s has when putting the shell back on, but I love the look of the mod itself. SOOO, I want to upgrade to a bottom coil dripper. Have been spending time in shops learning how to coil my wicks, learning about the ohms, etc. But I'd like to know what some of the common mistakes are so I can avoid them before deciding if I'm getting a trident, nubius, etc.

Etherz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
United States
My first mistake in getting my first dripper is not getting one with adjustable air flow. I found having adjustable air allowed me to experiment more with different builds until I found the ones I liked.

Don't get me wrong I have a couple of non AfC drippers and I started out with and Igo w... but for anyone starting out AfC gives you more options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread