iJoy regulated 20700

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
Holy Moly, Jai Haze Rips the iJoy capo squonker

Mine is on it's way. I think I will still like it.

Jai Haze would give himself 5/10 if he reviewed himself.... :)
He is a bit of a drama queen... dont forget he gave the dripbox 2 an 8/10 so go figure

also it really annoys me when people smash stuff up.... why not give it to someone who needs it or cant afford it... pointless just to get more viewing figures...although it was funny when he broke his pidddly ... hammer...
so thats my thoughts... :)

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Well mine finally made it. Still trying to get a feel for it.
20171215_210538.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Do we treat the Capo BF like a mech or regulated, regarding coil/battery amp limits?
Ohms law or watts law?

Since the Battery/Atomizer Isn't running in a Direct Circuit, you would use Watts Law.

At least that is what I think.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Received mine, but dissapointed.....it does not seem to be really regulated....I notice no difference between 20W and 60W.....behave more like a mech with build in protections it seems.....aah well I'll find an use for them...but knowing this I wouldn't have bought them...at least they were cheap....

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Picked mine up at my mail place about 3AM. Am waiting for some new 20700 batts also just picked up to fully charge to try it out with. Will probably try one of the new Digi Mesh Pro rda's on it that I also just picked up, The Drop and maybe a Goon 1.5, Kryten and VV Mesh rda to find out what it does/doesn't handle of the low ohm builds I have in them.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Holy Moly, Jai Haze Rips the iJoy capo squonker

Mine is on it's way. I think I will still like it.

Ok, he's a bit overdramatic but has a solid point. It's a shame this device turned out like it did.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not a fan of folks destroying vape equipment UNLESS it's so totally dangerous no one should use it. Otherwise, give it away.... LOL I guess that's one way of showing "impartiality." I suppose if some reviewers are just flooded with gear, they forget that it's not "free" to the rest of the world....

Anna

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Got my Capo today,and i like it.I almost didn't buy it due to the bad reviews out there,but decided to take a chance,and it paid off.It fits my vaping style perfect,i don't use tc,so not an issue,and i love the size of it.I will build a bit lower when i rebuild the rda,it's at a .29 right now and ramps a little slow,but other than that,i really like this Capo/Goon lp setup.As long as i don't get the leaking issue,then i'll be completely happy and am already considering getting another one.
F58c64J.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Got my Capo today,and i like it.I almost didn't buy it due to the bad reviews out there,but decided to take a chance,and it paid off.It fits my vaping style perfect,i don't use tc,so not an issue,and i love the size of it.I will build a bit lower when i rebuild the rda,it's at a .29 right now and ramps a little slow,but other than that,i really like this Capo/Goon lp setup.As long as i don't get the leaking issue,then i'll be completely happy and am already considering getting another one.
F58c64J.jpg

As suggested, maybe the luck of the draw, and we are both winning so far. Mine has been stellar with the current build in that Goon @ 80W, but it has been suggested that they will do even better with an even lower build. Feels great in hand. A little heavy with the 20700 batt to just toss in a shirt pocket for carry maybe, but doable in a pinch.

I'm not normally a fan of lower priced gear. So the main reason I bought this one was because I thought the form factor would go well with a new black Drop RDA I had just received. But the Drop didn't win me over, it's already off line. I'm just enjoying as is for now, but will be rebuilding a Goon lower for it too, .12Ω to .15Ω. I have another black Goon that hasn't been used yet for that. I have already temporarily tried 2 of my 25mm Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's on it to see if it can drive their massive mesh builds (one @ .12Ω, the other @ .15Ω). It handles them just fine. They are arguably my currant favorite RDA's, so more of them will be coming to live with me for my dual series TC mods even if for no others. I really like my 3 VV Mesh RDA's as well, but they are being pushed back by the Mesh Pro's that fixed their only issue (a minor one to me, but could be problematic for some folks). I might also try one of my six Kryten's on it too, some of them are already built in that range.

As for the Capo itself, I already have 2 more sitting in a cart that I haven't pulled the trigger on yet. I've been working this one quite hard day and night to see if anything fails, or if it starts to leak (I will not tolerate anything that leaks). If it continues to hold up I'll buy more of them, see if I still get the lucky draws again. At their price point it's not much to loose if they don't.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
As suggested, maybe the luck of the draw, and we are both winning so far. Mine has been stellar with the current build in that Goon @ 80W, but it has been suggested that they will do even better with an even lower build. Feels great in hand. A little heavy with the 20700 batt to just toss in a shirt pocket for carry maybe, but doable in a pinch.

I'm not normally a fan of lower priced gear. So the main reason I bought this one was because I thought the form factor would go well with a new black Drop RDA I had just received. But the Drop didn't win me over, it's already off line. I'm just enjoying as is for now, but will be rebuilding a Goon lower for it too, .12Ω to .15Ω. I have another black Goon that hasn't been used yet for that. I have already temporarily tried 2 of my 25mm Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's on it to see if it can drive their massive mesh builds (one @ .12Ω, the other @ .15Ω). It handles them just fine. They are arguably my currant favorite RDA's, so more of them will be coming to live with me for my dual series TC mods even if for no others. I really like my 3 VV Mesh RDA's as well, but they are being pushed back by the Mesh Pro's that fixed their only issue (a minor one to me, but could be problematic for some folks). I might also try one of my six Kryten's on it too, some of them are already built in that range.

As for the Capo itself, I already have 2 more sitting in a cart that I haven't pulled the trigger on yet. I've been working this one quite hard day and night to see if anything fails, or if it starts to leak (I will not tolerate anything that leaks). If it continues to hold up I'll buy more of them, see if I still get the lucky draws again. At their price point it's not much to loose if they don't.
Hey there
I just recently got the Digi mesh pro and I'm having an extremely rough go with mesh. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but the vapor does not feel as dense and I'm getting huge plumes of vapor but it doesn't seem to be filling my lungs the same way. I'm already at 100w (on the 316l mesh that came with it I slightly but down the strip and resistance is .13 )and I don't want to go too much higher. Any tips or secrets to this stuff

Reactions: stols001

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Hey there
I just recently got the Digi mesh pro and I'm having an extremely rough go with mesh. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but the vapor does not feel as dense and I'm getting huge plumes of vapor but it doesn't seem to be filling my lungs the same way. I'm already at 100w (on the 316l mesh that came with it I slightly but down the strip and resistance is .13 )and I don't want to go too much higher. Any tips or secrets to this stuff

Mesh as the coil can be tricky to build. And mesh is certainly not for every one because a dry hit on mesh can ruin your day big time. A lesson learned early on one of my 3 Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's that have almost no drip well in them at all, and because of the way I first started building them. Dripping or squonking these VVM RDA's have a learning curve to get enough but not too much joose in them.

I take massive lung hits, so about 3-4 full pulls is all I take on the VV Mesh RDA's before I squonk or drip them again. The Digi Mesh Pro helps with that some by actually having a drip well for some joose reserve. So I get more pulls on them before I have to add more joose. Both of my DMP's have been dialed in perfect from the very start, I get massive clouds of flavor rich vapor, and never get the slightest hint of a dry hit.

IMO the key to mesh is the build. You want to make sure the cotton is tight enough to touch every single place under the mesh evenly, and to keep it all but soaking wet for the dense clouds of flavor rich vapor. These mesh RDA's hold a lot of cotton, and what works best for me is to take one side of the mesh out of the clamp, lay in the pulled and rolled cotton down on the deck, then reinstall the loose end of mesh into the clamp. You SB using enough P&R cotton that you will be compressing the cotton some to get the loose mesh leg all the way down in the clamp. This method makes for a tighter, all cotton touched fit yet still lets joose pass through it. IOW a more controlled install than trying to fish the cotton in like you do on wire coils. All that's left is to groom the wick ends, tuck some into the drip well of the DMP, then power prime the wick under the mess completely and saturate the tails thoroughly before you start vaping. You still have to learn how much to drip/squonk for your vape style, and how often, but the MP is way easier to get it right in shorter order than with the VVM RDA's.

HTH

meshpro.jpg

Last edited:

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Mesh as the coil can be tricky to build. And mesh is certainly not for every one because a dry hit on mesh can ruin your day big time. A lesson learned early on one of my 3 Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's that have almost no drip well in them at all, and because of the way I first started building them. Dripping or squonking these VVM RDA's have a learning curve to get enough but not too much joose in them.

I take massive lung hits, so about 3-4 full pulls is all I take on the VV Mesh RDA's before I squonk or drip them again. The Digi Mesh Pro helps with that some by actually having a drip well for some joose reserve. So I get more pulls on them before I have to add more joose. Both of my DMP's have been dialed in perfect from the very start, I get massive clouds of flavor rich vapor, and never get the slightest hint of a dry hit.

IMO the key to mesh is the build. You want to make sure the cotton is tight enough to touch every single place under the mesh evenly, and to keep it all but soaking wet for the dense clouds of flavor rich vapor. These mesh RDA's hold a lot of cotton, and what works best for me is to take one side of the mesh out of the clamp, lay in the pulled and rolled cotton down on the deck, then reinstall the loose end of mesh into the clamp. You SB using enough P&R cotton that you will be compressing the cotton some to get the loose mesh leg all the way down in the clamp. This method makes for a tighter, all cotton touched fit yet still lets joose pass through it. IOW a more controlled install than trying to fish the cotton in like you do on wire coils. All that's left is to groom the wick ends, tuck some into the drip well of the DMP, then power prime the wick under the mess completely and saturate the tails thoroughly before you start vaping. You still have to learn how much to drip/squonk for your vape style, and how often, but the MP is way easier to get it right in shorter order than with the VVM RDA's.

HTH

View attachment 708893
Do you get a satisfying throat hit and lung hit when vaping with mesh ? I started off with the 316l mesh and found it was a bit too long so I trimmed a couple mm off the end. I then installed one end of the mesh and then used a whole entire cotton square/pad of organic cotton pulled it apart and used the Scottish roll placed it on the deck then pulled the other end of the mesh over it really compressing it in there. I was not struggling with dry hits at all and was actually getting massive amounts of vapor but it didn't give much of a throat hit and didn't seem as dense in my lungs if that makes any sense.... My other problem was the flavor seemed a bit weak but I'm going to try and rebuild tonight and give it a go again as I know some people who vape like I do that swear by it and I'm having a hard time believing I am getting such a different experience

Dunder Mifflin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
California
I finally got my Rainbow
ijoy1.png

quite the little chunk. soaking the bottle in vodka to get rid of the plastic smell. battery threads a little crunchy. All in all, I think I will really like it.

Now, check out this new innovative vape. Rhythm-Ultrasonic Vape, Smooth Taste

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
I’ve been wanting to try squonking for quite a while now. I figure you never know unless you try. Ordered one of these from FT for $30 as well as an Origen Little for $7 a few days ago. About as cheap an entry into squonking as I could find, with variable wattage.

The user reviews are good, the “pro” reviews get hung up on the voltage cap. That’s no problem for me as I am a low wattage MTL vapor and am under 3 volts most of the time.

So I guess in about 3 weeks or so I will give it a go.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Sympathies to all those with a leaky 510s. Mine was a leaker from the start. I've taken the mod apart and, because of very limited space around a proprietary 510, I have decided trying to adapt a different 510 is not a good use of my time.

I retired my Capo a week ago and have all but forgotten it. Next!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread