Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
My Capo has been in use about a month. At first, I used the Combo Triangle rda that shipped with the kit. I then got the Ijoy Combo SRDA. Gotta say I'm liking it. Jai's issue was Jai... he was building way too high to take advantage of the device. My coils in the Triangle were in the 0.17 range. The stock coils in the SRDA are 0 13. With those lower builds, it shines. I get a dense, flavorful vape, and a single 20700 lasts me through at least 1 bottle... up to 1.5 bottles.

Regardless of the build and board, I love the bottle... that stiff-sided silicone with the front cover for filling is just great. The Gbox bottle is just like Kanger's, but to get to the bottle, you're opening the battery door... ugh. Give me Ijoy's bottle and door and Geek Vape's board...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Sympathies to all those with a leaky 510s. Mine was a leaker from the start. I've taken the mod apart and, because of very limited space around a proprietary 510, I have decided trying to adapt a different 510 is not a good use of my time.

I retired my Capo a week ago and have all but forgotten it. Next!

Hoping the one I have coming isn't a leaker but if it is I won't sweat it. Mine won't even be a daily user so no big loss. Was really just curious to try a cheap mass produced squonker and compare with my higher end stuff.

I am more interested in this one from Aspire:

Hoping it is a mosfet. Would be a nice upgrade to something like a pico squeeze.

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
Hoping the one I have coming isn't a leaker but if it is I won't sweat it. Mine won't even be a daily user so no big loss. Was really just curious to try a cheap mass produced squonker and compare with my higher end stuff.

I am more interested in this one from Aspire:

Hoping it is a mosfet. Would be a nice upgrade to something like a pico squeeze.

Aspire have never made any mechs so I'm guessing regulated in some way is what it will be.... Fingers crossed...

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Have a second Capo Squonker inbound, a Gunmetal to go with the SS in hand. And a 3rd, this one is a Capo SRDA Squonker, is in my cart waiting to see if they meet their preorder ETA of 1/20 (I don't care about the RDA on it though). I also placed an order for more 20700 batts, and for spare bottles for the Fuchai Squonkers. It never ends...

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
A few pages back I posted that I had an iJoy Capo Squonk incoming from FT, Along with an Origen Little clone. It has landed….

I am a MTL vapor, low wattage and a flavor chaser. While the reviewers trash the Capo for its voltage cap, I ordered knowing it would not affect me because of my style of vaping. I seldom go above 10 watts. This is my first experience in the world of squonk. I have had the Capo and Origen now for 3 days. Used all day, I am a chain vapor.

First I want to talk about the Origen Little. I picked this up along with the Capo just so I would have something to use when the Capo arrived. It is a clone, $7 and known as an MTL squonker RDA. It is TINY! 16mm diameter, and looks even smaller than that live. It can be built dual coil, but of course I did its better single coil. It is a tiny and odd (to me) deck. I didn’t quite know what to make of it (also my first RDA) but rolled up a quick coil, wicked and away I went. Put it on the Capo and took a hit. Awful. Very disappointing. I did not know whether to blame it on squonking or the RDA. Tried another build, same. Went to youtube in search of help. Found a video (not in English) showing exactly what I wanted; Single coil in the middle, and proper wicking. Quickly saw I was doing it all wrong. Redid everything, and it was much better. After about ¼ bottle, it really came on. Great flavor, smooth hit and at that point I started liking this whole squonk thing. I have the new Dead Rabbit SQ MTL on order, but if it doesn’t meet my expectations I’m getting a half dozen of these Origen Little clones….. amazing little thing.

As far as the iJoy Capo Squonk goes, I really like it. Easy to use and I’m already comfortable with squonking. I would say to any MTL low wattage squonker than the Capo is a great choice. Simple, with not a lot of options and sometimes that’s a good thing. If you want TC, or want to blast your juice at 100 watts, then steer clear of this mod. Both bottles work fine with no leaks or weird issues. I am very happy with my purchase and looking at what’s currently on the market, I have no interest in getting something else. But of course I am keeping an eye out for new regulated BF mods.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    A few pages back I posted that I had an iJoy Capo Squonk incoming from FT, Along with an Origen Little clone. It has landed….

I am a MTL vapor, low wattage and a flavor chaser. While the reviewers trash the Capo for its voltage cap, I ordered knowing it would not affect me because of my style of vaping. I seldom go above 10 watts. This is my first experience in the world of squonk. I have had the Capo and Origen now for 3 days. Used all day, I am a chain vapor.

First I want to talk about the Origen Little. I picked this up along with the Capo just so I would have something to use when the Capo arrived. It is a clone, $7 and known as an MTL squonker RDA. It is TINY! 16mm diameter, and looks even smaller than that live. It can be built dual coil, but of course I did its better single coil. It is a tiny and odd (to me) deck. I didn’t quite know what to make of it (also my first RDA) but rolled up a quick coil, wicked and away I went. Put it on the Capo and took a hit. Awful. Very disappointing. I did not know whether to blame it on squonking or the RDA. Tried another build, same. Went to youtube in search of help. Found a video (not in English) showing exactly what I wanted; Single coil in the middle, and proper wicking. Quickly saw I was doing it all wrong. Redid everything, and it was much better. After about ¼ bottle, it really came on. Great flavor, smooth hit and at that point I started liking this whole squonk thing. I have the new Dead Rabbit SQ MTL on order, but if it doesn’t meet my expectations I’m getting a half dozen of these Origen Little clones….. amazing little thing.

As far as the iJoy Capo Squonk goes, I really like it. Easy to use and I’m already comfortable with squonking. I would say to any MTL low wattage squonker than the Capo is a great choice. Simple, with not a lot of options and sometimes that’s a good thing. If you want TC, or want to blast your juice at 100 watts, then steer clear of this mod. Both bottles work fine with no leaks or weird issues. I am very happy with my purchase and looking at what’s currently on the market, I have no interest in getting something else. But of course I am keeping an eye out for new regulated BF mods.
    Sloth has good vid on building the o-16

Hopefully I'll get to try the Capo soon.
    Ordered on Oct 14 2017...510 leaked like a sieve
    Finally convinced Heavens Gifts it was defective.
    Replacement should be here by Feb sometime.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    California

Been using mine for a few days now and I'm pretty happy with it. No leaking so far and everything seems snug and in good working order. Not a bad squonking option for 35 bucks if you already know how to build for mechs. My biggest complaint is with the bottles. Don't like 'em. Hoping that the silicone/steel ones I ordered from heavengifts make for a nice upgrade. They should be arriving this week.

Last edited:

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    Just looks like 810 because the atty is so small

Excellent, I've got a ton of 510s... Bye, bye little fugly tip! :pervy:

Been eyeing a Shenray clone of this at Fasttech (is there a particular clone that's better?) and may just give it a go for my silver Squeeze (guess, no black matchy-matchy for my black-framed Therion, though :().

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Excellent, I've got a ton of 510s... Bye, bye little fugly tip! :pervy:

Been eyeing a Shenray clone of this at Fasttech (is there a particular clone that's better?) and may just give it a go for my silver Squeeze (guess, no black matchy-matchy for my black-framed Therion, though :().
    The Shenray is the only one i've tried,but they make a nice one.I also have a few Shenray Hadaly clones and they are very nice.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    California
    @Mermaaan

I’m thinking about ordering one of the SS bottles as well. Im fine withe the ones that came with it, but curious about the SS.

I’m still amazed at my Origen Little clone. $7! The Little and the SXK Doggy are incredible values.

Mine just arrived in the mail! Very nice! Will be much better than the default bottles. Also they come with a silicone stopper that feels secure enough to use as a cap for spares/bottle changes. I just got home from work so I'll swap the old bottles out after some dinner, maybe take a pic or two.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    California
    The bottle works great so far. It feels really soft - too soft if weren't reinforced by steel, which makes it work good for me. Easier to insert and remove as well I've found. I would go so far as to say it really is a necessary upgrade to enjoy the capo fully, especially if you are already used to using silicone bottles for squonking.

b7ad9dd9c7b653076667de25a7b09f92.jpg

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2017
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    The bottle works great so far. It feels really soft - too soft if weren't reinforced by steel, which makes it work good for me. Easier to insert and remove as well I've found. I would go so far as to say it really is a necessary upgrade to enjoy the capo fully, especially if you are already used to using silicone bottles for squonking.

b7ad9dd9c7b653076667de25a7b09f92.jpg
    Can you point me to this.
    I don't love my Capo, not even sure I can say I like it. I will say I despise the bottle.

Reactions: stols001

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    California
    Can you point me to this.
    I don't love my Capo, not even sure I can say I like it. I will say I despise the bottle.

I'm sure it will show up in more places soon but until then the only place I found that has them was heavengifts. Make sure you order the cs3 version.

That said, if there are other reasons you don't like the capo than the bottle (and there are for many people) I would say it might not be worth it. They really should have included this one in the package with the mod though.

For me it works. I bought my capo fully informed of its flaws and I felt it was worth the extra cost to make it more appealing to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread