I'm a 1 year+ vaper (ego-t/ego-c), tired of the hassle.. recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Or you can try a ego twist vv should be out next month here is a review from cozzcon eGo-C Twist: Engineering Sample/Basic Volt Test - YouTube

Man, I just don't think I can get excited about a VV that goes from 3.2 to 4.8 volts. If I want to use a 3.0 ohm carto, or try someone's tank on my PV that happens to have a 3.0 in it, I want to be able to hit it with more than 7.6 watts, especially if it happens to be a dual coil.

I think that anyone who's in this for the long haul should have a (full-range) VV, period. Without one, you are just not going to get the most out of vaping. You just aren't.

There are many to choose from, with the ProVari V2 being the biggest no-brainer out there, but there are plenty of others that are a lot less expensive and still pretty darn good.

jimbill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
aurora,indiana
Man, I just don't think I can get excited about a VV that goes from 3.2 to 4.8 volts. If I want to use a 3.0 ohm carto, or try someone's tank on my PV that happens to have a 3.0 in it, I want to be able to hit it with more than 7.6 watts, especially if it happens to be a dual coil.

I think that anyone who's in this for the long haul should have a (full-range) VV, period. Without one, you are just not going to get the most out of vaping. You just aren't.

There are many to choose from, with the ProVari V2 being the biggest no-brainer out there, but there are plenty of others that are a lot less expensive and still pretty darn good.
Well i thought the op was looking for something that has a smaller form factor plus it is cheaper than any mod you listed.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I havent found anything more hassle free and sturdy than the reos... A mini if you are size concerned or a Grand to use the same batt all day and no juice reloading either. Add a 306 or a carto and you are set.

+1

Amen - about as easy as it gets, and my 18-month old REO's are still working as good as new.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I can't stand fooling around with PV's. I want the vaping experience to be about as complicated as smoking used to be:

Buy a pack
Tear open the wrapper
Shake out a cigarette
Light it up

There.

Here are the PV's I use that come closest to how I used to smoke. I couldn't ask for more in terms of Flavor, TH, Vapor.

The Elite: THE ELITE 808

The Go-Go: GO-GO

And the Leo: Boge Leo Royal Starter Kit Combo-WOW only $37.00 for 2 Complete Leo's

with a Dual Coil/Low Resistance carto: Leo Dual Coil Cartomizer

I fill the cartos (with a syringe... who counts drops?), screw 'em on, and go. No gurgling, no leaking, no hassle. Just good vapes. :2c:

keifer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
North Carolina
if you want something simple - no muss, no fuss - head over to Smokeless Image. you can get the regular cig-sized batteries and excellent cartos. or, you can get one of the new Ego sized fat batts, the X2. their clearos for that model are their brand of the Stardust. and, to add to the no fuss, you also don't have to press a damn button to vape. did you have to hold a cig a certain way to smoke? no, you just picked it up and smoked. or, you no-hands it, depending on what you were doing. you will not find better customer service - that's a guarantee. 3 month warranty - yeah, that's cool, too. of course, if you insist on pushing a button, you can get manuals there, too. personally, i can't be bothered with manuals. i'm typing this with both hands with my X2 hanging from my mouth and vaping. the only use i can see from manuals is testing juices with an atty - and that's the only use for those things... imo.my old manual ego is rarely used and that's for testing juices. mods? yeah, no. no muss, no fuss.

TnE

Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Nebraska
So, my torpedo VVV (lavatube) will be coming in thursday. I'm just going to be using vision stardust carts on it for now... But, I am looking for a tank for it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Here are my thoughts/what i've found out about the ones I've looked at so far..

Any dual-coil: no-go
M&P Submarine: the side-screw thing looks a bit funky to me.. does it really work that much better than any other tank?
Phiniac: these look really nice.. might consider getting a plain/tinted one at $38. Any problems with these?
J-Tank: look pretty solid from what i can tell, not quite as durable/fancy as the phiniac.. good price point

I mainly want something that is about the same size/looks good on the lavatube, and will fit on some kind of single-coil boge carts.

Thoughts?

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Probably look into a Provari within the next week or 2.

So, where are you at? Did you get a ProVari? I just got the Smoktech VMax; couldn't resist. Check out this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...385-new-variable-voltage-device-smoktech.html

Insanely detailed review of the VMax, and comparisons to/differences from the ProVari V2.

Well i thought the op was looking for something that has a smaller form factor plus it is cheaper than any mod you listed.

I didn't see where the OP was looking for a smaller form factor, and he did say he was looking at the ProVari. I didn't really list a bunch of mods, but I did say there were some very inexpensive VV's out there. Here's one for $60 including two batteries and a charger - a rebranded Lava Mini: http://www.vaporalley.com/VA-Variable-Volt-Mod_p_195.html?AffId=10

Everything OK?

Last edited:

TnE

Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Nebraska
So, my torpedo VVV (lavatube) will be coming in thursday. I'm just going to be using vision stardust carts on it for now... But, I am looking for a tank for it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Here are my thoughts/what i've found out about the ones I've looked at so far..

M&P Submarine: the side-screw thing looks a bit funky to me.. does it really work that much better than any other tank?
Phiniac: these look really nice.. might consider getting a plain/tinted one at $38. Any problems with these?
J-Tank: look pretty solid from what i can tell, not quite as durable/fancy as the phiniac.. good price point

I mainly want something that is about the same size/looks good on the lavatube, and will fit on some kind of single-coil boge carts.

Thoughts?

anyone have any ideas?

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut

Thoughts?

I've ruled out the M & P just on looks alone. Sorry M & P - do love your juices though.
Phiniac - They look great, though I don't need or want an artsy-fartsy one; if I get one it would be plain pyrex. Glass appeals to my "purist" instincts; no chance of affecting the tase of the choice, and no cracking (until you drop it hard enough).
J-tank - Haven't tried them, PBusardo loves them, so I'll have to give them a shot.

(But still, they're all just plain old carto tanks. Close your eyes when you're vaping, and they're all the same).

As for "Any dual-coil: no-go", I'd like to hear more about that. If it's because they didn't give enough hit or flavor, I can see that happening at anything below about 4.25 volts/6 watts per coil. Have you ever had a PV over 3.7 volts? And just because Smoktech calls theirs "Dual Coil Tanks", that doesn't mean you have to run dual coil cartos in them. Now that I finally have a proper VV, I'm in the process of experimenting with all kinds of single and dual coils in the six DCT's that I have right now, but I very well might find that I like dual coil cartos best; they just won't be Smoktech, they'll be Boges.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly; I just might end up with the kind of tank that doesn't use cartos at all, but instead has just wicks floating in the tank to feed the atty directly. I am very sick of tasting the disgusting new filler material that Smoktech now uses in many (all?) of its new cartos, but Boge might make polyfill a non-issue.

http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/store/104-map-tank-mods/849-the-510-map-tank-e2-mod-28ohm-white.html

And check out the "Torpedo Tank", from Vapor Age. This might just be the one:

http://www.vapor-age.com/Torpedo-Tank-Stainless-Steel_p_52.html

Last edited:

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
I've ruled out the M & P just on looks alone. Sorry M & P - do love your juices though.
Phiniac - They look great, though I don't need or want an artsy-fartsy one; if I get one it would be plain pyrex. Glass appeals to my "purist" instincts; no chance of affecting the tase of the choice, and no cracking (until you drop it hard enough).
J-tank - Haven't tried them, PBusardo loves them, so I'll have to give them a shot.

(But still, they're all just plain old carto tanks. Close your eyes when you're vaping, and they're all the same).

As for "Any dual-coil: no-go", I'd like to hear more about that. If it's because they didn't give enough hit or flavor, I can see that happening at anything below about 4.25 volts/6 watts per coil. Have you ever had a PV over 3.7 volts? And just because Smoktech calls theirs "Dual Coil Tanks", that doesn't mean you have to run dual coil cartos in them. Now that I finally have a proper VV, I'm in the process of experimenting with all kinds of single and dual coils in the six DCT's that I have right now, but I very well might find that I like dual coil cartos best; they just won't be Smoktech, they'll be Boges.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly; I just might end up with the kind of tank that doesn't use cartos at all, but instead has just wicks floating in the tank to feed the atty directly. I am very sick of tasting the disgusting new filler material that Smoktech now uses in many (all?) of its new cartos, but Boge might make polyfill a non-issue.

The 510 MAP-Tank E2 Mod 2.8ohm White

And check out the "Torpedo Tank", from Vapor Age. This might just be the one:

Torpedo Tank Stainless Steel

I have an M1A1 from notcigs which is a very similar design to the mom&pop tank. I have to say that the screw idea is genius, even if it does look a bit funky. It helps hold the carto very securely in place and makes refilling a breeze. I highly suggest giving one a shot.

Dual coils don't work correctly with the lavatube or a lot of VV mods. The dual coils screws with the internal circuitry. The device thinks a 1.5ohm carto SHOULD be used around 3.3ish volts which is true for single coils. The lavatube will bump the voltage down so you don't "burn out" your single coil.

Last edited:

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut

nick[0]

Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
Canada
Wow that Vivi Nova looks like something I have to try out! I'm especially curious how it would be on one of those tiny SD key chain batteries. Or maybe a Vision with an adapter? Has anyone tried this combo?
Are you open to dripping? With a good drip tip, it's about the same hassle as knocking the ash off of an analogue . . . it really does become a habit too. From what I've been able to gather from talking with friends, dripping on a Joye 510 or a good cartomizer (with drip tip) on an ego is a good place to start, because they don't seem to need to be broken in much, will let you know they need a top up, and have a lot of good drip tips available. Find a premium brand you like, and you'll find better consistency throughout the lifetime of the atty. If you want more flavour, try an io6 with an acrylic silhouette, or pyrex drip tip; The delrin ones are terrible. If you want one of the smallest PVs possible, with wicked throat hit, try a LR 306 on an ego. I still use my 650mah ego with an io6 when I'm in the mood to vape something that I can hold between two or three fingers. As someone else mentioned, the variable voltage ego is probably worth checking out. More potential fiddling/complexity/things to go wrong, but if you want it hotter, you just turn the dial; I don't own one since it's longer than a 650mah ego.
I chose to get a GLV SuperMini instead of a Precise 16340 when I was a year into vaping . . . the GLV was tinier, and I wanted a thumb button. The Precise has the absolute minimum that can go wrong with it, so if bulletproof consistency is the most important thing to you, it gets my vote, to use with whatever atomizer/cartomizer/tank appeals to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread