I'm back, and I fell off the wagon since the last time I was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skully7780

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
hartford, ct
I'm back, and im smoking real cigs again :(

I fell off the wagon as I wanted that strong chemical goodness. My 510 using max nic was just not cutting it.

Now I really want to quit again so I guess the best option for me at this point would be a mod for more vapor production. I read the wonderful world of mods and I came up with a couple choices that seem good for me. Tube models: Chuck, BB, and Silver Bullet.

I was worried about the feeding models leaking as they will be in my pocket most of the time. Am I wrong about this one?

However there are so many more models out there that I am having issues deciding. Anybody else have a model im missing in the 80-120 price range? :confused:

Any feedback on stated models would be good also.

Where is that stupid wagon?! I wanna ride!

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
I'm back, and im smoking real cigs again :(

I fell off the wagon as I wanted that strong chemical goodness. My 510 using max nic was just not cutting it.

Now I really want to quit again so I guess the best option for me at this point would be a mod for more vapor production. I read the wonderful world of mods and I came up with a couple choices that seem good for me. Tube models: Chuck, BB, and Silver Bullet.

I was worried about the feeding models leaking as they will be in my pocket most of the time. Am I wrong about this one?

However there are so many more models out there that I am having issues deciding. Anybody else have a model im missing in the 80-120 price range? :confused:

Any feedback on stated models would be good also.

Where is that stupid wagon?! I wanna ride!

Your avatar is freaking me out big time.:laugh:
Haven't used any of the mods you mentioned, but I have heard good things about them.
My mod of choice is the Saber Touch 5v. It is tubular - like totally (oh gag!), touch sensitive switch, no miss firing, fits nicely in the hand. Has a 5 year warranty. SirL has contests and discounts that he runs.

The other mod I have is a Glv. 910 connector. It's a push button mod at 5v. Smaller than the Saber.
Both mods are built well, both suppliers are great to work with.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Were you using lower resistance atomizers or cartomizers? I'm finding 2 ohm Boge cartomizers on a Riva 510 (750 mAh) battery pretty solid, warm, good vapor. The Riva 510 kits are running really cheap ($30 after discount) at liberty-flights, even lower at vapor-pure (when they restock), and the cartos run about $9 a 5-pack. I carry mine in my pocket, no leak problems noticed (though it's only been a week with this kit).

(Mods are cool, just wasn't sure if you had tried lower resistance atomizers.)

Last edited:

Skully7780

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
hartford, ct
Were you using lower resistance atomizers or cartomizers? I'm finding 2 ohm Boge cartomizers on a Riva 510 (750 mAh) battery pretty solid, warm, good vapor. The Riva 510 kits are running really cheap ($30 after discount) at liberty-flights, even lower at vapor-pure (when they restock), and the cartos run about $9 a 5-pack. I carry mine in my pocket, no leak problems noticed (though it's only been a week with this kit).

(Mods are cool, just wasn't sure if you had tried lower resistance atomizers.)

No, in fact I have not tried that. Is this a new thing? I haven't heard about them... I don't want to do cartomizers as I can refill and they are too expensive. Are low resistance atomizers ezer to break or burn out? What is the difference? Just more vapor production?

Skully7780

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
hartford, ct
Your avatar is freaking me out big time.:laugh:
Haven't used any of the mods you mentioned, but I have heard good things about them.
My mod of choice is the Saber Touch 5v. It is tubular - like totally (oh gag!), touch sensitive switch, no miss firing, fits nicely in the hand. Has a 5 year warranty. SirL has contests and discounts that he runs.

The other mod I have is a Glv. 910 connector. It's a push button mod at 5v. Smaller than the Saber.
Both mods are built well, both suppliers are great to work with.

So I looked up the touch, and its I dunno, kinda ugly IMO I don't really care if it works better/as well as others. Also to note its about $120 for a 5v option. Which is a little on the expensive side. Not that I mind as its in the range. I just want whats best for the $. The touch fire thing is pretty nifty.

OH NOES! :) my pic is scarey! :)

Dee74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Tampa Bay,Fl
Try a Riva first you may find it is all you need, at Liberty Flights it is 29.99 with the 20% code at upper left of page and comes with 2 atty's that the 25 one does not it only comes with one and $2.99 shipping and I would buy 2 kits for spare parts.I have used 2 kits in rotation for 4 1/2 months and not dead yet, batts still lasting almost 10 hours and new for 17-19 hours and I am moderate vaper.

My 510 got me off cigs but would not have kept me off this one has and I can use all my 510 stuff with it except charger try here and good luck this time. Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
No, in fact I have not tried that. Is this a new thing? I haven't heard about them... I don't want to do cartomizers as I can refill and they are too expensive. Are low resistance atomizers ezer to break or burn out? What is the difference? Just more vapor production?

The wife and I started on 510's, moved to low resistance 510's, and now are both total fans of the low resistance 801's. 510's got us off analogs, the low resistance ones filled the need for that "better hit" and the 801 LR's (we both just tailpipe 'em without cartridges- drip em with 5 drops btw hits....) are a perfect all day vape. We have both CHUCK's and I have an older style Silver Bullet, and generally, the SB for me is more pocket friendly (no accidental button presses- I'm too lazy to unscrew the atomizer when I pocket my vape) and I use my Chucks at the desk at home.

We've settlled on 36mg RY4 from myfreedomsmokes cut with about 5-10 percent VG (we get the pure glycerin from CVS) and it's been a year and a half for both of us since we hit an analog- can't even imagine hittin' one of them now.

Good luck, bud! There is a solution out there... yours may be different from ours, but you'll find it ;-)

Steven.RN

Slea

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Tennessee, USA
It really took the Ego with an LR atty to get me off the ciggies for good.

Are low resistance atomizers ezer to break or burn out? What is the difference? Just more vapor production?

They are a bit easier to break or burn out, but I think the payoff is worth it. It isn't just the vapor production. Overall, they simply better replicate the experience of smoking an analog.

]Your avatar is freaking me out big time.:laugh:

Me, too. I honestly just used my Adblock extension to block it. LOL.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
So I can see that you've settled in on the tube mods and they are worthy mods...my hubby has many of them. However, I wanted to address your question about juice fed mods. Not all of them leak....now here is where I am biased. Hubby owns or has owned at one time at least one of each, to try them and learn as much as he can. So I observed and sampled and then I picked one for me. Honestly, I haven't smoked in 3 months nor do I have an urge to anymore. I think any mod that fits your lifestyle will help you back on the wagon again. For me, the mod had to be easier to use than picking up and lighting a cigarette....and that's why I picked a juice feeding mod. Good luck on your search and I hope you find your way back to the wagon. ((hugs))

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
I just bought a GGTB from vaporkings for $73. It can be used at 3.7, 6 or 7.4 volts, depending on the batteries you throw in. Works awesome. Best part, is an AVS (a juice feed system) will be ou for it in a couple months. It is a tube mod, also. The reo looks awesome, but out of stock most of the time, heard that will be getting beter soon. This is a juice fed box mod that carries quite a following. That is from reosmods.

I would never have been able to quit staying at 3.7v. An LR atty does help, but, honestly, I've been doing 6v on the GG and it is the best vape I've had so far-but, that is just my opinion. Good luck!

The Puresmoker V3 at 6volts with an 801 atty (also called be112) has worked real well and has a very dependable switch that locks for no firing in your pocket. I use 2 rcr123a for 6 volts but you can use 14500 for 3.7 volts. i find that at 6volts the standard 801 atty holds up well, give good flavor and vapor. The unit itslef is smaller than most mods using the same batteries. Website is PureSmoker.com - USA Electronic Cigarettes & USA Made eLiquid!!! . I also had trouble deciding and spent hours researching before i landed on this cuz i wanted a pv that would last years and this one seem like it will. The few times ive breifly fell off the wagon was because of mechanical failure of my devices, but since ive owned the V3 no falling off the wagon anymore. Driver! To Vapeland! Forward ho!

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
Cartomizers are refillable and also come in low resistance.

Unfortunately experimenting in the vaping field means laying out some cash to try different things until you find what works for you.
On the plus side it is easy to sell items that don't work out for you in the classifieds.

Low resistance hardware is meant to replicate the 5v feel. An inexpensive way to try out 5v is getting a 5v pass through.
You would be bound to a power source by the cable but should not be a problem when used at home or in the car with proper power plug.

Rocky Mountain Vapor has free shipping for orders over $14, one pack of LR cartomizers and one LR atty would put you over that. Just a suggestion.

Creature

Oct 11, 2010
Wilmington, NC
I am looking hard into your suggestions I definity appriate it! I will keep you updated, making a decision tonight and purchasing tomorrow. :vapor:

YouTube - sportscardfun's Channel

It's great for going from chemical one to e-cigs.

Tip, Get a LR atty with it when you order to kick it up a notch but it still works great with the normal 510 atty.

Get the Starter from VaperKings.com and you get 2 complete eGo e-cigs (thats 2 batteries, 2 cones, 2 atty, 2 carts and 5 prefilled cartridges and a battery charger and you can charge it on your PC also.

Worked for me a pack and a half a day smoker of NewPort full flavor of 15 years. (I don't even smoke menthol flaver now but i did at first.

Get your E-Liquid from a USA maker though. CloudsofVapor.com, VapeRite.com, ivape.net are all real good to buy e-liquid from!

ivape.net has one called Sweet Caroline and has a good tobacco taste.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DoctorVapor#p/u/12/RyFMNlu9E30

CloudsOfVapor.com I love there cured tobacco flavor.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sportscardfun?feature=mhum#p/f/6/kIpPgegNYLY

VapeRite.com has Great all around tobacco flavors that are good.

Last edited:

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Not sure someone picked up on this... but cartomizers are now refillable. Not at all difficult. A lilttle bit harder than a cartridge but not much and worth it. They hold much more liquid than a standard 510 cartridge. Don't know if they make low res cartomizers. I mostly drip and don't do low res...... yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread