I'm not sure where to put this.... Flavor Adding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel_Vapes

Dec 26, 2018
I normally don't do DIY other than doing my own "nic-up" because I only vape ¼mg (.25mg) freebase.

Anyhow, I recently purchased JamMonster's PBJ e-liquid but it is severely lacking in the Peanut Butter part of the juice. It's definitely on-point with the Jam, but I can't taste any peanut butter- AT ALL! So, I have some questions:
  • Should I try steeping it first?
  • Is it even possible to add the Peanut Butter Flavoring without muting the Jam part too much?
  • If I go with adding the Peanut Butter flavoring, I know it's mainly going to be trial and error, but how do I know where to start on how many drops of Peanut Butter Flavoring?
    • And what brand is the best?

Please help a DIY Newbie with this. I've been vaping over 2 years but until Jam Monster came out with PBJ, it never occurred to me that there would ever be such a juice. LOL! But, I thought the same thing about Corn Bread Pudding.

Attachments

• PBJ.jpg
    PBJ.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: IDJoel

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I’m not at all familiar with that juice but my first inclination would be to give it some time, different flavors do tend to come out after steeping and will change over time.

If you do decide to try and add some peanut butter to the mix, this is my favorite

Peanut Butter Cookie

What I would do in that case is do it by drops, 9 drops of eliquid to 1 drop of flavoring, and try that in a dripping atty. If you want the PB stronger then 8 drops to 2 and try it, this will give you a good idea of the ratio that might give you what you’re looking for.

Just remember, after steeping the final mix it’s likely going to continue to change so you might be shooting at a moving target.

Remember too, DIY is a journey, not a destination ;)

Good luck and have fun :)

Reactions: Mel_Vapes

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I normally don't do DIY other than doing my own "nic-up" because I only vape ¼mg (.25mg) freebase.

Anyhow, I recently purchased JamMonster's PBJ E-liquid but it is severely lacking in the Peanut Butter part of the juice. It's definitely on-point with the Jam, but I can't taste any peanut butter- AT ALL! So, I have some questions:
  • Should I try steeping it first?
  • Is it even possible to add the Peanut Butter Flavoring without muting the Jam part too much?
  • If I go with adding the Peanut Butter flavoring, I know it's mainly going to be trial and error, but how do I know where to start on how many drops of Peanut Butter Flavoring?
    • And what brand is the best?

Please help a DIY Newbie with this. I've been vaping over 2 years but until Jam Monster came out with PBJ, it never occurred to me that there would ever be such a juice. LOL! But, I thought the same thing about Corn Bread Pudding.
Hi,
That seems a bit more complicated than just buying another brands PBJ flavour.
If Jammonsters' PBJ is weak...it's weak.
Move on.
Peanut butter and Jelly E liquid - Google Search
Cheers
I

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Hi,
That seems a bit more complicated than just buying another brands PBJ flavour.
If Jammonsters' PBJ is weak...it's weak.
Move on.
Peanut butter and Jelly E liquid - Google Search
Cheers
I

It definitely is, but whether it’s worth the trouble or not depends on if it’s all about the destination or about the journey. Neither is right or wrong, just different.

Mel_Vapes

Dec 26, 2018
I’m not at all familiar with that juice but my first inclination would be to give it some time, different flavors do tend to come out after steeping and will change over time.

If you do decide to try and add some peanut butter to the mix, this is my favorite

Peanut Butter Cookie

What I would do in that case is do it by drops, 9 drops of eliquid to 1 drop of flavoring, and try that in a dripping atty. If you want the PB stronger then 8 drops to 2 and try it, this will give you a good idea of the ratio that might give you what you’re looking for.

Just remember, after steeping the final mix it’s likely going to continue to change so you might be shooting at a moving target.

Remember too, DIY is a journey, not a destination ;)

Good luck and have fun :)

I know JM's juices well and they don't make my throat itch like most. That's why I was so inclined to save it if I could. But, I will give it a couple weeks' steep if I can. I don't have the luxury of spending tons of money to just run that gamut of juices out there. Most PBJ's out there have strawberry or raspberry. I prefer my PBJ to have Grape and that's why I was so excited for this one. Thanks for your help B2L!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Hi, @Mel_Vapes.
I have not done a lot with DIY peanut butter, but I have done some. In my limited experience, PB does take some time to make its presence known. (Anywhere from 2 weeks, up to a month.)

If you can bring yourself to do it; I would not start doctoring it for at least a month. There is nothing that says you can't do some test vaping along the way. And that way, you can judge for yourself, how (and if) it is changing. After a week (or more), of no further change, then you can start thinking about additions.

TFA DX Peanut Butter has been my go-to PG concentrate. I use it at 2-5% depending on how forward I want the PB to be. Because you are using it to only enhance an already existing PB; I would start much lower. Perhaps 0.25-0.50%

One other PG concentrate, that seems to be receiving a lot of love lately; is FLV Peanut Butter. I have not yet tried it... so this is merely hearsay, on my part.

My personal experience has not shown PB to be a flavor muter (others may have different experiences). It can "dry out" a profile a bit though; so I tend to keep it as low as I can, and still get the flavor I am wanting.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
If you do decide to buy some peanut butter flavoring, I would mix up a separate bottle of the recommended % and *not* put it in your retail bottle- find the mix that works for you. A ml of this, 3ml of that sort of thing, in a 3rd empty bottle.

I do this regularly with DIY- sometimes I want more of this and less of that. Good luck! Peanut butters are tough and often need more than one brand together to work.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I recently purchased JamMonster's PBJ E-liquid but it is severely lacking in the Peanut Butter
I hear you, you don't want to get into full blown DIY. You can buy a flavor concentrate to add to you purchased e liquid and do a little experimenting. Since you may have a slight PG "itchy throat" problem, might want to strive for the strongest/super concentrated and best/quality tasting PB flavor to blend with your existing eliquid. I recommend Flavorah "Earthy, roasted peanut butter flavor. Blend with berries, or blend with rich flavors and tobaccos. Having a good peanut flavor opens up all kinds of familiar flavors, from Babe Ruth candy bars to PB&J sandwiches. Clear, pale yellow color. Recommended dosage 3-5%."
re: Peanut Butter by Flavorah
Suggest you start with a 20 to 1 ratio ( I would go with drops or 10ths of a ml). Shake and vape then 1 month* min. steep.
* On the one month steep, I would do several "close contender" batches (15/1,20/1,25/1 ratios etc..) as indicated from the shake and bake. Most flavors (mixes) intensify over a month and some diminish. Had to leave out some additional information/your additional questions because I don't know, but I think you should get the idea and I wanted to keep this extremely simple.DIY is the most trying/difficult vaping skill set to attempt, so hope the above gets you started.
Could fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your DIY question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread