im so frustrated cant find the right cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddbrennan

May 22, 2013
NY
Got a rig called the MX-9 from Ready to make the switch? they use cartomizers which they call capsules, and nowhere do they list what the size of the cartomizers are. I know they are definitely NOT a regular standard 510. Maybe one of you experienced vapors can check out the site for me and maybe tell me what they are using. They do have pictures but its still hard to tell. Any help would be much appreciated. I can not get in touch with these people.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
It looks like a ego style battery. The capsule is probably a cartridge with a little polly fill inside that goes in to a atomizer. I hate to tell you but that delivery system is pretty crappy and at a 100$ they saw you coming. No biggie hapens to the best of us I payed 140? for a cig alike kit at the mall and dropped another 200$ on prefilled carts. Im about 99% sure that is a re-branded ego Id say get you some Kanger stuff to start with but 510 stuff will work also.

You can get a drip tip and drip juice a few drops at a time in the atomizers the cartriges go in just a standard 510 atty. So its not a complete waste.

toddbrennan

May 22, 2013
NY
It looks like a ego style battery. The capsule is probably a cartridge with a little polly fill inside that goes in to a atomizer. I hate to tell you but that delivery system is pretty crappy and at a 100$ they saw you coming. No biggie hapens to the best of us I payed 140? for a cig alike kit at the mall and dropped another 200$ on prefilled carts. Im about 99% sure that is a re-branded ego Id say get you some Kanger stuff to start with but 510 stuff will work also.

You can get a drip tip and drip juice a few drops at a time in the atomizers the cartriges go in just a standard 510 atty. So its not a complete waste.

I actually got the rig for free from Greg at Nicapure. I have found out since it was made by Smoore and was their xpower series. I guess some distributors bought them in bulk and put their own names on them. I saw some m600c cartos that look like them, but you have to buy them from china or england. Lite cig usa used to sell the kits but they have discontinued them

toddbrennan

May 22, 2013
NY
If it is the same center thread as the mx-5 it is m402 according to this If that is right, the trick was search for nicapure. From what i see lite-cigusa uses m402.

Edit - When searching for that I saw you had a post on another forum. If you have an eGo why worry about this, lol.

not mx-5 mx-9. I actually like this rig. Its a 900 mah ego style battery, and the vapor production is great!

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
not mx-5 mx-9. I actually like this rig. Its a 900 mah ego style battery, and the vapor production is great!

I got the fact that you said m-x9. The companies that sell ecigs with similar size to traditional cigarettes and something similar to ego usually maintain the same carto thread types. So what I'm asking isn't which one you are using, the question is do you know for certain the mx-5 is a different thread than the mx-9? The pictures are small but the only difference seems to be the length of the two carto types. If you get the thread type right you can search for cartos using that type of thread and a 1.5ml capacity or maybe and adapter to make a 510 fit.

Maybe we should have started here - Other than 510 what other thread types (or brands) have you tried? Try this page to see the thread types associated to the most common brands. At this time the only other thread type I know of for the center thread size with an ego outer thread is either 510 (most commom) or 808.

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
what you have, my friend, is a Smoore Xpower900 and it is not a M401 or 2 fitting (a 401 cart would have recessed not protruding threads). Do a forum search on xpower900 and see what you find out about it. The good news is, they now have seethru cartomizers (aquamizers) coming on the market for your model if you decide to make no changes. Happy Vaping.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
MY question is why would you want a ego style battery that dose not use ego threading. It seems to me you are limiting your self. I have found that 801 fusion carts are better than 510 IMO but other than that you are forcing your self in to a situation that you have a very small selection of delivery devices available to you Or having to buy adapters.
I dont doubt it works well just that fore less price and far less headaches searching for comparability a ego could be had,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread