I'm so frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic313

Dec 16, 2010
U.S.
My Totally Wicked Tornado I think is ruined. With the low resistance atomizers, liquid always leaks from the bottom onto the battery. I think this has caused my battery to become really weak because I thought my atomizer was the problem but I bought a new one and when I tried it with the battery it still was barely working.

I've become so frustrated with E-cigs because every model or item I buy usually has some kind of flaw. These LR atomizers leak liquid onto the battery and ruined my battery. Should I call the company or contact them and see if they can do anything for me?

I even got so frustrated I had a regular cigarette today which I regretted.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
If liquid is leaking from the bottom of the atomizer you are probably flooding it by using too much nic juice. The tornado (afaik) has a sealed battery so I doubt the battery is the problem.

Does the light still come on when you press the button?

What symptoms does it have? (a flooded atty will cause it to produce no vapor and will make a gurgling sound)

gotz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
I don't think there is any harm in contacting the company and asking what can be done. I would, it's money spent/wasted if your product is no longer good. I haven't tried LR attys, I a tend to stick to "stock" so I wouldn't know where to help you. I'm very sorry this happened to you, but don't quit vaping now! I regret stopping using my e-cigs the first time around due to the crappy juice I ordered for my first try. If I didn't stop I'd be smoke free for 2 years. Recently picked up vaping again, and am enjoying it with the wonderful juice I ordered this time.

methic2345

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
NYC
The culprit may be your low resistance atty, they cause more stress on proprietary batteries like the ego family of PV's...have you tried another atty maybe regular res...you might also look into a mod with non proprietary batteries so instead of spending $15 or whatever they charge, you can just order a new battery for 5 bucks...

Medic313

Dec 16, 2010
U.S.
If liquid is leaking from the bottom of the atomizer you are probably flooding it by using too much nic juice. The tornado (afaik) has a sealed battery so I doubt the battery is the problem.

Does the light still come on when you press the button?

What symptoms does it have? (a flooded atty will cause it to produce no vapor and will make a gurgling sound)

Yes I still get the light coming on and the battey works but I barely get any vapor or hit from it. The reason why I felt like it was a problem with the battery is because when I tried it with a new atomizer and just used a couple frops I got no vapor and it just wasn't working properly. That's why I feel like the liquid that seeps onto the battery has ruined the battery.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
It seems like if the light is coming on and the battery seems to be working then it must be some other problem - especially with the leaking going on. So, when you tried it with the other atty, did you make sure the atty was totally blown out and wiped down (especially the threads) first and clean the threads inside the Tornado? Even if there's some juice built up in the threads it can effect the performance.

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
If you're getting liquid leaking on the battery, have you tried cleaning the contacts and threads? The light going on means the battery's still got power, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the power is getting to the atty. If the threads and contacts are all coated with gunk, the atty might not be getting enough power to do its thing.

Q-tips and isopropyl alcohol should clean it up, and if you still have issues even with different attys you'll want to contact TW.

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
most LR attys shouldn't be used with Ecigs such as the Tornado, Ego, Riva, Etc. I know they're 3.7v and have 650mah and up batteries, but many websites like madvapes state DO NOT USE with Tornado,Ego,ETC. These are really made for Mod type PV that have the large batteries. Why this is I don't know...If your getting a lot of liquid leaking out the Atty. 1-Are you direct dripping using a drip tip on the Atty and if so you shouldn't be putting more than about three drops at a time. If you are using a cartridge with the poly material make sure your not putting to much liquid in the poly material. Just enough that it appears damp. Also you may want to try cartomizers, which for the Tornado would be 510 cartomizers, Get ones right at 3ohms

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
If you haven't tried Cartomizers yet get some regular 510 cartomizers made by boge , or bauyway 3.0ohm would be fine. Attys can be tricky and they're not for everyone. I went through the same thing you are in the beginning and I hated Attys, Actually I still do even though I do direct drip for new juices. Cartomizers last longer and are just easier (mess wise) to deal with. Pop the white top out and put in about 20-25 drops. slowly and even if it bubbles are leaks a little just take it off and hold it over a tissue and blow through it to blow out the extra juice and wipe off the battery and carto and your good to go. Don't give up yet. Stay away from LR atty on regular E-cigs such as the Tornado,Riva,Etc. You need a mod. Like Provape,Bombshell,GLV,etc.
If you want to stay with an attomizer get a regular resistance . Those LR won't fire on a Tornado battery. Thats your problem and subsequently the juice eventually leaks out if its not attomizing

Medic313

Dec 16, 2010
U.S.
Well these LR attys are made specifically for the tornado so I don't understand it.

I decided to dish out more money and got a 510. Maybe that's easier to deal with. I just ordered it so it should get here in a few days. I've given up on the Tornado. I used to love it but it's really pissing me off now. I think it's ruined for good. I'm just really upset I keep having to spend more and more money because these products fail on me.

I was going to buy cartomizers for the 510 but all they had was tobacco and menthol flavor so I just got a liquid instead. Maybe that was mistake though....

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
well the Tornado accepts 510 cartos or attys so you can use a normal ohm on the tornado, or maybe in that rare instance you got bad batteries. Don't know about LR attys made for the Tornados. I have a set here of the Tornado-T and I did put my LR atty on there and I can say there wasn't much life. I use my LR atty on my mod the Bombshell with a 3.7volt 18650 battery which is 2500mah.. Good luck. Don't give up. The 510 will be fine

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Your Tornado is pretty new, I believe, so absolutely check with TW on replacement.
Also, try cleaning the charger connection -- unplug it and do a wipe on the contacts with isopropyl on a q tip, just like on the battery
contacts. If you did have some flooding on the connector, it could transfer to the charger.

I've been using Boge 2 ohm 510 cartos on a Riva 510 (an ego knockoff that's pretty well known), with good luck for a month now. PM your address if you would like me to send one to try. The boge are soft tip -- hold a tissue over the connector end, pop the tip off, fill from the top, giving it time to soak in, then blow through the mouthpiece to clear any juice in the middle tube before putting it on the battery.)

(I'm not an atty fan, the cartos have worked well consistently. I've also been really happy with 808 2.6 ohm cartos from vaporsetc, using one of the little 99 cent mechanical 510-808 adapters.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I have to concur with everyone who suggested cleaning off your connections. I don't see how liquid could get into your battery. Try this first and then contact TW. I'm sure they will be happy to help make it right.

I'm also going to go out on a limb here...I'm wondering if the LR atty isn't killing your battery, too. I could be very wrong, but the Tornado is a rebranded eGo which means it's not a 3.7V device. Even though there are people who use LR attys on these devices and love them, there are others who have gone through multiple batteries because of LR use.

chrisH

Jan 23, 2011
sweden
Im sorry for borrowing your thread abit, im about to buy the same kit, with the tornado, First off im wondering if i should just wait till they get the kit in stock with menthol or is the tobacco flavoured prefilled tanks "smokable"?

Secondly, is it important for the first months or so to buy extra atomizers? or what accessories is a "must have" for a newbie vapor? Im asking cause im low on cashflow atm...

JB Goode

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Bronx, NY
most LR attys shouldn't be used with Ecigs such as the Tornado, Ego, Riva, Etc. I know they're 3.7v and have 650mah and up batteries, but many websites like madvapes state DO NOT USE with Tornado,Ego,ETC.

Add Cignot to that list. Vicki told me that they won't even sell them because of all the problems people are having with batteries.

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Lots of good suggestions and some possible overload but do try a complete cleaning of the atty, the contacts, and the tip. Another possible factor could be the content ratio of the juice you are using. A high concentration of PG or PGA/Water in the fluid is much more prone to leaking-- especially if you lay it down, point it down, or (God forbid) drop it. There are some great threads here about ways to revitalize supposedly dead e-cigs with just a simple, but easy, cleaning process. Good luck.

Matthis1

ECF Veteran
Dear Medic,
First of all, thank you for your service in keeping us all free and safe. We appreciate you. Now then, don't give up on e-cigs yet. Sounds like you got a hold of a defective model, or perhaps it was just a fluk. Whatever it was, I'll bet you'll be happy with that 510. I have 2 of them and I love them. I also use only juice....even make it myself. If you get tired of the tobacco and menthol flavored cartomizers, drop me a line and let me send you some e-juice that you can fill your cartomizers with. I don't want to see you quit and negate all the good you've done by giving up analogs.
My son just got back from Iraq. He smokes more than ever now, so I'm really anxious to turn him on to e-cigs, but he's just not ready yet. I see you and think of him, so I'm in your corner. Don't get discouraged.....vaping can work, I'm living proof of that. Smoked for 33 years and then stopped completely 2 weeks after I got my first e-cig (a 510).
Hang in there and give me a yell when you need some e-juice or a pep talk! :) hehe!!

sincerely,
Robyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread