I'm still a carto guy...... Anyone else with me?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2013
Bay Area 51
cartos forever!...i've used clearos - bleck - started on 1.7ohm smoktechs tried Boge 2.0's for the first time and am happy with em..wasn't vaping around the time of "BOGE-GATE" hope they are consistent as the smoktechs have been inconsistent...would still like to try IKENVAPES' cartos but they are always sold out!

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
cartos forever!...i've used clearos - bleck - started on 1.7ohm smoktechs tried Boge 2.0's for the first time and am happy with em..wasn't vaping around the time of "BOGE-GATE" hope they are consistent as the smoktechs have been inconsistent...would still like to try IKENVAPES' cartos but they are always sold out!

I've been using Boges for over 4 months and as long as you get them filled correctly they are very consistent. My wife and I both use them with no problems.

cghorr01

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Kentucky
I vape a phiniac with boge SR cartos on a provari myself. Can't say I've come across anything better yet. I actually did the tank thing because of the ease of use(fill up,vape,repeat) not knowing much about vaping but in the short time I've been doing it I can say it is simple as can be while I'm out or at work and it gives me plenty of juice to vape as much as I need without having to refill constantly. I really dig the vapor production, and taste using this set-up as well.

ncargrl

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
North Carolina
I've tried two different bottom feeders; and they basically sit unused at home because I have never been able to tweak them right. Either I end up with a dry atty, or flood the atty.
I've found that I love cartos with tanks for my use. I don't like having to constantly fill cartos. I'm vaping with boge SR cartos in tanks on both my lt mini and my gripper.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The reason I switched to the Vivi Nova was out of frustration with cartos. I was a big fan a Boge SS cartos for a long time. I finally got fed up with cartos in general during boge-gate. I tried Boges from various vendors who supposedly had the "fixed" version and several other brands of cartos before finally ditching them for Vivi Nova tanks.

Anyone want to suggest a tried and true brand for me to try? Recommendations are all over the place in this thread. I really don't want to order one box and pay $5 shipping. That would be $12 for a box. If I order, it will likely be 4 or 5 boxes and I'd hate to find that once again I had several boxes of dry hit vaping devices. :)

I tried to order Ikenvape and they were out of stock so much that I tried some house brand cartos from a vendor that were supposed to be specially deigned for that vendor. They wicked well using the condom filling method, but delivered weaker flavor than my once trusty Boges. At that point, I gave up on cartos and went to the Vivi Nova. So far, it's been consistently good, but not quite as good as an excellent carto.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Anyone want to suggest a tried and true brand for me to try?

I tried to order Ikenvape and they were out of stock so much that I tried some house brand cartos from a vendor that were supposed to be specially deigned for that vendor. They wicked well using the condom filling method, but delivered weaker flavor than my once trusty Boges.
I highly recommend the Ikenvape 510 Fusion or Platinum if you can land some. They are truly a premium quality carto and worth trying to get some. I recommend getting on the mailing list for notification. And don't delay pulling the trigger, they will sell out in literally minutes.

Have you tried any Smoktek single coil tank replacements? They are what I used prior to the Ikenvapes, and still will be my backup carto should I ever run out the the IKE's.

Single Coil XL Tank replacement 510 cartomizer for 3.5 and 6ml SmokTank XL - w/flange and 1, 2 or 3 holes.

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
I highly recommend the Ikenvape 510 Fusion or Platinum if you can land some. They are truly a premium quality carto and worth trying to get some. I recommend getting on the mailing list for notification. And don't delay pulling the trigger, they will sell out in literally minutes.

Have you tried any Smoktek single coil tank replacements? They are what I used prior to the Ikenvapes, and still will be my backup carto should I ever run out the the IKE's.

Single Coil XL Tank replacement 510 cartomizer for 3.5 and 6ml SmokTank XL - w/flange and 1, 2 or 3 holes.

Bad, I've been trying to get those Fusion and platinums because I've seen your recommendations for awhile now... And darn if I never catch them in stock lol. I will keep trying though. :laugh:

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i'm totally with you on the carto train! i loved the vivi nova mini tanks on my ego twists, but when i moved on to the bigger vv/vw pv's, as well as "kicking" (i've got a bolt or two and a bombshell stinger where my kicks live), any wick based system just wouldn't cut it. i get a burnt wick taste, even at a low setting. i like to vape at around 4.7-5 volts or around 8 watts with the kick (not sure if the math is right-i'm a "taste" based kind of guy), and no matter how many different wick tanks/attys i've tried (vivi novas, the drunker tank, bottom coil tanks with the little wicks...what have you), nothing compares to a standard res carto-properly primed-in a good tank. i just don't have the patience or skill for rba's...yet. i do have a tank or two that uses oxidized metal wicks, but i haven't mastered the art of coiling yet...i imagine one day i will have the inclination to mess around with it, but for now, i'm a card carrying member of the cartomizer party.

Hdivr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Rolla MO
Cartos only. Kanger LR though. I seem to be the odd man out here :) Boge LR are also good. Just got turned off them during Bogegate, I guess. I like the tighter draw on the Kangers and they seem to me to give more vapor due to a slower drag. Once a week, I pull and rinse the polyfill, dry burn like an atty and reinstall with the coffee stirrer trick. I been vaping the same Kangers for months now and they perform just the same.

I do miss the crackling of a Boge and have a few 2.0's set aside if needed.

Antoly

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Maynard MA, USA
For the last 1.5 years I am with eGo Mega Dual Coils. Recently with 510 cartos in eGo tank. I can't decide which are better, both are good for me. Absolute consistency. Can't say that about anything having wick. I tried many of them starting with eGo-T. The last was Kanger MT-3. IMHO there are too many variables relating to wick's operation: liquid viscosity, how you draw, how good is contact between wick and the coil, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread