I'm thinkin' maybe we should try this again? . . . . and you kids should behave yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
Thank you. :thumb: Has there ever been a pic of the inner assembly or is that top secret eyes only

Yea we should be holding off on the pics of the internals. No need to give would be copy cats food for thought.

I think pdib said something about getting more pinches Out there first.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
yeppers. thanks guys. I'm happy to share internals pics and discuss it with impending peeps (so that they can make an informed decision on their purchase), as well as with hobby modders who want to take a stab at it for their own personal use. But I don't want to splash the innards across the web in a big hurry. Having seen my designs borrowed both politely and with "permission" and kin'a not-so-politely and whole-hog (minus maybe just the nose and nuts), I really feel the need to get a running start on this one . . . I at least don't want to be aiding and abetting. :blush:

. . .. and it kin'a kills me; because I think Joe leGrippe was offering to make a video to where I wouldn't have to make another of my god-awful puppet shows to go over some of the set-up, options, adjustments, "how-to", and I kin'a asked him to hold off . . . ... :facepalm:

I'm pro'ly gonna have to a make a quick vid on some of the adjustments and things to shoot for when setting up, and then keep it private (shared on an as needed basis).

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
The family is growing:
IMG_1051.JPG

Left to right - Canary Beta [HASHTAG]#007[/HASHTAG] - Oregon Maple Burl - Oregon Maple Burl with Silver Plate - Back Maple Burl [HASHTAG]#007[/HASHTAG] li'll pinch.

The Canary from the first beta run and the Black Maple Burl both turned out to be [HASHTAG]#007[/HASHTAG] in creation order of their respective product lines.

An envious collection Puppy

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
I'm pro'ly gonna have to a make a quick vid on some of the adjustments and things to shoot for when setting up, and then keep it private (shared on an as needed basis).

Will there be dancing in it? How much will it cost to watch the video? Might not be able to upload it to Youtube if here is any pollenating going on....

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Will there be dancing in it? How much will it cost to watch the video? Might not be able to upload it to Youtube if here is any pollenating going on....

no. a little over three hundred dollars, I should think*. will try not to pollenate.

*I've yet to establish exact/final pricing on the mods. at this point, it's looking like a little more than 3C, and I'm very hopeful that it won't break the 3.5C line. If it does break the 3.5C line, it'll only be because it has to .. . and I promise to take no pleasure in it whatsoever. :| (←see? . . . ←look→ .. . . :| no pleasure)

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
no. a little over three hundred dollars, I should think*. will try not to pollenate.

*I've yet to establish exact/final pricing on the mods. at this point, it's looking like a little more than 3C, and I'm very hopeful that it won't break the 3.5C line. If it does break the 3.5C line, it'll only be because it has to .. . and I promise to take no pleasure in it whatsoever. :| (←see? . . . ←look→ .. . . :| no pleasure)

You look downright dejected over that statement. I believe you.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Here's a little note on the secretarial level . ..

We are at post # 14,892? I was kin'a hoping to: (1) get this batch of mods in the mail (shooting for Wed./Thurs. on that . . . buttons/switches coming along nicely .. . and that's about the last thing except for screwing on the juice tubes), (2) create and disseminate the necessary information/"how-to" to the new design recipients while the mods are in flight (written and/or vid), and then (3) start a new thread that's pretty clean and descriptive of the new design in the first coupl'a posts. This means I can't see starting the new thread until ~~~ Fri/Sat.

I was thinking of asking that we chill on the truly silly and unnecessary posts during the last 100 of this thread, to buy me time. (this should eliminate about 99.7% of the posts that would have been posted . .. . me taking about 37.23% of that). However, I realized, I guess I can just start a "temp thread" to bridge the gap, which could be fun too. The only downside to a bandaid thread would be folks losing track of where we is (especially folks who check in rarely but purposefully). But, whatever. So, whatever.

cogito, ergo whatever. o_O

biggrin.gif

I imagine the posts stating, "ok, dibbers, I'll keep mum" might constitute about 50 of the remaining 100 posts in this thread. That would be ironic. (and fun)

maybe we could just stop at 14,990 . .. so I can start the new (bandaid) thread with links being the last post in this one . . . rather than being force-derailed and having no "go here" as the last post? Let's do that . . . . K?
smile.gif

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Hey guys and gals from sunny Greece. Been busy working on a tan and getting some much needed R&R. I'll post some pichers when I get back in a few days coz the internet here on the island is snail paced.

Peter you've done a kickazz job with them l'il pinches they all look awesome. Love the matching button toppers and the new lower profile of the switch plate rocks. :thumbs:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
golly :blink: it's so quiet in here!

. . .. was it something I said? :|

HAH! (blows my mind how gosh-dang funny I can be sometimes! . . . .. . . . . dang!

. . . . . . . funny!)

Anyhoo: I finished the last of the buttonswitches today! Short of some truly unpredictable interference (like, maybe, my elbows melting while I'm asleep in bed tonight), I'll be shipping mods tomorrow. Basically, I just have to fit the tubes/bottles and test fire and pack them up all tidy for shipping.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
That's priceless there CC! Would even tell me when someone sends my Rubbermaid mailbox flying into the neighbors yard. Happens enough that I drove a piece of 2" rigid pipe in the ground with the threads right at grade level and use a 2" PVC female adapter with 2" PVC for the pole and a plumbing flange attached to the mailbox. Someone runs over it, I just unscrew or break off the PVC male adapter and replace it and sometimes the PVC pipe. Always got PVC and fittings since I am a small electrical contrator.

Could you post a photo of that mailbox, I would really like to build one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread