• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

#improof

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_e_u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
here & now
First evidence linking e-cigs to COPD and laryngeal cancer
"Note #1: the above is a real case of smoker who developed serious medical conditions BEFORE he initiated e-cigarette use. The participation to the cross sectional survey is science fiction, not different from comments that such an association (i.e. people who smoke and develop smoking-related disease at some point become desperate and try e-cigarettes as an aid to quit smoking) is proof of a “link” between e-cigarettes and disease (clearly implying that e-cigarettes cause the disease). To their credit, the authors of the study (conference abstract) clearly mentioned that: “Due to the fact that the data is cross-sectional, it is unknown whether E-cigs could contribute to COPD development, or if people who have COPD are more likely to use E-cigs (possibly as a harm reduction method).”

Note #2: let’s assume that the case report above was a bit different, that the smoker switched from smoking to e-cigarette use in 2011 (after 41 years of smoking) and developed laryngeal cancer in 2016 (5 years after vaping). If anyone believes that the cause for the laryngeal cancer would be vaping and not smoking, I would appreciate if he would email me with his/her “convincing” arguments…"
Konstantinos Farsalinos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread