Imren 40A 18650 IMR Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

D0196

Aug 9, 2014
Waco
To those of you who are curious about the new no name battery brand Imren, I just wanted everyone to know that they actually are high quality cell batteries. My local vapor shop sells them, and I personally tried one. They don't have the highest MaH rating, but they do have a true 40A continuous crank. Unlike the vamped brand batteries, which are 20A cont. 40A pulsing, these batteries are true 40A batteries. They have solid cells and hold up well in sub-ohm vaping. Happy vaping! :D

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
18650 or 26650?
How do you know their claim of 40w continuous is accurate without testing performed by a reliable independent source.
Several batteries have come on the market with high claims that were proven to be overstated (sometimes by quite a bit).

True 40a continuous crank? Cranking amperage?
Lemmy guess the guy at the vape shop told you this.
Are you using them to start a small engine.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
18650 or 26650?
How do you know their claim of 40w continuous is accurate without testing performed by a reliable independent source.
Several batteries have come on the market with high claims that were proven to be overstated (sometimes by quite a bit).

Apparently if they feel good that's all you need to know. :facepalm:

D0196

Aug 9, 2014
Waco
You do realize that most of the people who have their batteries explode are trying to run .1 ohm setups on 30 amp batteries or less right? People who's batteries explode don't know how much amperage is being drawn when they pick their batteries. I only said from my personal experience that the orange imren batteries with the lion emblem are decent batteries. There are knockoff 9th that are different colors that are crap batteries, and there are real ones. You don't have to take my word for it, because I don't have tests to show for it. I just wanted to inform the forums that I had good results with them. I only posted it after seeing a post asking about them.

D0196

Aug 9, 2014
Waco
fake imren1.jpg
fake
fake imren2.jpg
fake
fake imren 3.jpg
fake
fake imren 4.jpg
fake

pnyc

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
xXx
If 40A is a real continuous discharge rate for this IMREN 18650-1600mAh, this is a 25C 3.7V battery which never existed before. I am skeptical until I can see independent testings. Another factor is how high the temperature is for this battery under 40A discharge? A Sony VTC5 reaches a dangerous high temperature of 100 degree C when discharged under 30A. I am expecting a higher temperature for a 40A discharge.

sir_puffs_alot

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Hillsborough, NJ, USA
I have 2 Imren 2600 mah 38 amp, and 2 imren 1600 mah 40 amp which both perform very well. They dont get warm at high amps and are tru to mah. Still they are probly pulse ratings cuz I just dont believe china came out with a legit 2600 mah 38 cont amp battery and the us or japan hasn't. Also they would be posting the tests all over and bragging if it was a cont rating and the fact that there is no test out tells me they want to keep fooling people into thinking they are better batts than they are. That being said I cant tell any diff in my mechs when using the Imren cells or Sony or Samsung 25'r for that matter. For the price they are great, But I still wouldn't choose them as a competition battery but for adv subohm vaping they work well for me.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Imren is a new contender to keep ones eye on. The orange wrapped ones are their better line. the 26650's test out to 32-45 amps continuous and 62 amp pulse. And have been extremely happy with these, far better than the Sony's or MNKE entries. Another company to keep an eye on is PV imr, stats looking good. And they have a decent 26650 option too.

I'm trying to wait for Sony's new plant to get up to steam, but keeping an eye out, just in case.

M3CH M0D M4DN355

Aug 21, 2014
UK
While myself and I am sure many others would love to see viable SAFE alternatives to the Sony VTC range, I would not like to be the guinea pig testing dubious claims of a 40 amp continuous discharge rate of a battery from China, sucking on the cancer sticks were bad enough for my health, sucking on a potential pipe bomb/frag grenade isn't going to improve my health.

Maybe I am just being prejudiced towards the Chinese manufacturers and these batteries do as they claim, but with China's track record of poor quality control and fabricated performance figures particularly where batteries are concerned I just wouldn't want to risk it until reliable tests had been carried out and made public.

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread