• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

In Arizona? - VIP Social Group News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
SJ needs to fix the root cause. With vBulletin, you can select a primary group and several secondary groups. I'm sure there's a way. Discrimination should not be practiced. If you have a supplier breaking the rules, ban the supplier, don't "fix the rules".

It's like when some people in the office are late to work...don't send an email out to everybody reiterating the rules...no, deal with the people being late.
Exactly! I still can't figure out what the rationale is for this 'rule' but we'll see.

I emailed Lu, and received a reply. The only reason she knew about this was because a different supplier was trying to join a different social group. She confirmed it's a rule, not a glitch. So my points were:
1) It is NOT in the supplier's rules. The only areas stated to be off limits to Suppliers are other supplier's forums and the new member's forum.
2) Some suppliers were members of Social Groups before the lock out... and they are still members. That's not fair to all of the Suppliers in general. There was never a notice about this rule to suppliers (they find out when they try to join). Those suppliers who are members of Social Groups now continue to be so and have access to their forums to view/post.
3) Each social group has a member who is also a moderator... (as long as the Moderator isn't a supplier) same ECF rules apply here, so what's the problem?

I requested Lu forward my PM (which basically said the above) to SJ, which she has done (I received a copy). Hopefully, he'll reply soon.

All this is enough to put my knickers in a knot!:mad: Good thing I don't wear knickers;)

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Well, I suppose it's time I said "HI"

So...HI!

As many already know, my name is Rob. I'm 37 and I live on the West side, near Surprise. I've been vaping for just over 4 months now and I currently own an Evo, an 801, a 901, a 510 with a PCC and a mod I made out of an old electric shaver (it's rechargeable :D ).

I'm a former Systems Engineer and current retail manager (god, engineering SUCKS SO BAD). When I'm not working or doing reviews I pass the time playing my Xbox 360 with Team Xbox staffers (read : getting shot in the face a lot) or training / watching mixed martial arts.

When it's time to do a meet-up, I'll be there as long as scheduling is on my side.

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
I'm a former Systems Engineer and current retail manager (god, engineering SUCKS SO BAD). When I'm not working or doing reviews I pass the time playing my Xbox 360 with Team Xbox staffers (read : getting shot in the face a lot) or training / watching mixed martial arts.

Do you make more as a retail manager? I would love to go back to the "good ol' days"...but the finances beg for more. Did you make out better?

DarkriftX

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Queen Creek Arizona
Hello, my name is Justin and I live in Gilbert (at the edge of queen creek). I ordered a blu last monday and after almost a week of waiting frustratingly I went to the chatbox asking for help finding a faster source. The owner of shop.rockymountainvapor.com Rocky Mountain Vapor you have reached the mountain top of electronic cigarettes! : Home[/url] Rocky Mountain Vapor helped me 1on1 picking out a kit that he said should last me almost a month. I then canceled my blucigs.com order. He promised he would ship first thing Monday and I should receive it by wednesday or thursday. I cannot wait to try smoke free smoking.

A funny thing I noticed was both Rocky Mountain and Aroma E-Juice use the Godaddy.com Quick Shopping Cart. I noticed this because I work at Godaddy (based here in AZ for those who didnt know) and provide tech support for it all day long.

On a side note, does anyone else here work at Godaddy? I am trying to get a few friends at work onboard with ecigs and maybe even get it accepted company wide. Currently Godaddy has the most strict smoking policy I have ever seen requiring employees to leave the property and go at least 1 mile from the building to smoke. I am not sure whether they will allow "vaping" at the desk, or even in the building, but it would be a great thing for productivity. Also, employees are given free insurance if you are a non smoker, so it would help in more ways than one. I am thinking if I can get ahold of the owner (Bob Parsons) and give him a rundown on the method he might be interested in checking it out. He seems to like to jump on worthwhile causes.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona

Sharky

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Phoenix AZ
Morning,

My daughter has been after me for many years to quit smoking. I was a pack and a half to two pack a day smoker for close to 30 years. On the 22nd of last month my daughter finally got me into the mall in Chandler where I bought my first e cig set up from Smoking Everywhere. I picked up their starter kit with an extra battery and atomizer and some cartridges. I have not smoked a cigarette since I bought this e cig setup. I absolutely love e cigs and have no intention of ever going back to regular cigarettes. The one area I am disappointed in is the cartridges. They do not last nearly long enough or what the dealer claimed they would. I just ordered some replacement liquid from Vapor Station and am waiting for it to arrive. I am hoping this is the answer to buying cartridge after cartridge. That is just getting a bit too pricey. I notice after reading through this thread that there is a local vendor supplying E Juice. I am all for supporting local vendors. If anybody can get me in touch with him I would love to get a couple of 30 mil bottles from him. I hate having to wait on shipping.

Mark

Up2Eleven

Jul 8, 2009
Hey Folks!

I'm new to vaping. Strangely, I was introduced to it a couple of months ago at the memorial of a friend. I saw someone "smoking" what looked like a pen with a green light on the end of it. I asked him what it was and he kindly explained a little about it, and let me try it. I liked it, but got that nicotine head rush.

I quit smoking analogs back in '96, but always missed the physical feeling of smoking. When I found out I could get the same physical sensation and get liquid without nicotine, I was pretty excited. I want to "smoke" but not get addicted again.

I just ordered a RN4075 starter kit form ruyandirect, with some 0mg Strawberry e-juice! Being a noob, I neglecte to get a passthrough, but I'll just get that elsewhere.

I'm looking forward to meeting some other vapers. And hell, if I do get addicted again, at least it won't bring on all that cancerous stuff! I just hope it stays legal...

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hi Julie! Nice to have an RN here, we all need some help, ha.

I'm the Welcome Wagon Lady... so WELCOME!

Check out all the posts in our VIP forum, and catch up (there are pictures from our last meet... sorry you missed it, but you have to go to the next one, it was fun!!).

Don't hesitate to post if you need something or send me a PM if I can help you.

Enjoy ECF! It is the best, and so are all the people!
Vicky aka Hellen

Munson

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Chandler, AZ
Hi, my name's Mike and I'm an addict :D
(everyone) Hi, Mike! :p

Hello fellow Phoenix vapers! I have been lurking around for quite some time, vaping for the last 3 months or so. I am a helicopter flight instructor at the Chandler airport and am the founder of two local businesses, importing furniture from Bali and investing in foreclosed real estate. Sorry I missed the last meeting, the in-laws were in town! I will certainly try to make the next one though.

Not finding any physical stores to buy supplies in Phoenix (and fearing the worst from the FDA), I have amassed quite a personal collection of vaping supplies some which I love and others not so much. The 510 is my current main and I am awaiting a USB passthrough as well as a Prodigy from PureSmoker. So far, I have gotten about 10 friends here in Phoenix to give up their cigs and start vaping.

Being in the import business and constantly hearing my friends complain about shipping costs and times has made me the de-facto ecig "Dealer" of our little group. I usually keep quite a few 510 batteries and attys on hand in case anything gets banned or my friends fry theirs. I also keep a pretty decent stash of juice as well. I buy in bulk from the factories, so the prices stay reasonable. Not trying to solicit or anything, as I certainly don't need another business, but I know what it is like to run out of supplies/juice and have to wait for shipping. I like to be able to help out my friends and anyone who loves vaping is a friend of mine =) Especially if you're here in Phoenix! So if you're in a pinch and need some help quick, I may be able to help.

Anywho, just thought I would make a quick post to introduce myself. From the previous posts, it sounds like we're going to get along great! I look forward to meeting all of you soon.

~M.

corbin

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
chandler AZ
if anyone is interested i have a jantystick for sale. i no longer vape i am nic free as of 2 weeks ago!!! so i figured i would let you guys have first dibs on it before i put it in forum... its in the box, comes with everything but the atomizer. i have never used this stick because i have 2 so shoot me a pm if your interested.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hi, my name's Mike and I'm an addict :D
(everyone) Hi, Mike! :p
HI MIKE! (Imagine that was the other 42 members in unison, ha).

Hello fellow Phoenix vapers! I have been lurking around for quite some time, vaping for the last 3 months or so. I am a helicopter flight instructor at the Chandler airport
I was able to go in a helicopter once (in the Caribbean), it was the most amazing thing I've ever done!

If you haven't met him already, Jerry Green (RadioKaos) who runs Aroma E-Juice on the forum is a pilot... has a plane and is always buzzing off for somewhere. You guys will probably have loads to talk about.

and am the founder of two local businesses, importing furniture from Bali and investing in foreclosed real estate.

Sorry I missed the last meeting, the in-laws were in town! I will certainly try to make the next one though.
We sure hope you can make it for the next one!

Not finding any physical stores to buy supplies in Phoenix (and fearing the worst from the FDA),
We have several suppliers in our group! You'll meet them at the meeting. Yup, we all have that fear! :mad:

I have amassed quite a personal collection of vaping supplies some which I love and others not so much. The 510 is my current main and I am awaiting a USB passthrough as well as a Prodigy from PureSmoker. So far, I have gotten about 10 friends here in Phoenix to give up their cigs and start vaping.
I just got the PS pass through for the 510 and 801. So far (this is day #3), I'm loving it! Nice to be off the batteries and the junk pass throughs!

You can always add Corbin's Janty Stick to your collection... lol. (good for you Corbin buddy for kickin' the nic! Sorry you won't wanna hang out with us anymore though!!)

Good for you for spreading the good vaping word! Are your friends on the forum? They are welcome to sign up and join us! Bring them along to the next meeting!

Being in the import business and constantly hearing my friends complain about shipping costs and times has made me the de-facto ecig "Dealer" of our little group. I usually keep quite a few 510 batteries and attys on hand in case anything gets banned or my friends fry theirs. I also keep a pretty decent stash of juice as well. I buy in bulk from the factories, so the prices stay reasonable. Not trying to solicit or anything, as I certainly don't need another business, but I know what it is like to run out of supplies/juice and have to wait for shipping. I like to be able to help out my friends and anyone who loves vaping is a friend of mine =) Especially if you're here in Phoenix! So if you're in a pinch and need some help quick, I may be able to help.
Good to know! I think you'll find the group is like that as well! Great bunch we have here and everyone is very helpful.

Yes, stashes are good!! Direct is better!

Anywho, just thought I would make a quick post to introduce myself. From the previous posts, it sounds like we're going to get along great! I look forward to meeting all of you soon.

~M.
Glad you introduced yourself Mike. We'll plan on seeing you at the meeting on the 9th? Make sure you check new threads in the VIP Forum for the updates on the next meeting and the details (I just posted it).

Vicky (aka Hellen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread