In search of long lasting batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

peachette

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA USA
I have 2 batteries for my njoy 4072. One is always charging while I'm vaping on the other. I find that after 2 hours, the battery is rapidly loosing it's performance but my cartridge is still working. I immediately switch to the battery that's been charging, but it never gets a full 4 hour charge like it needs. I wish there was a long life battery! I've been searching the forum, but can't find the info.

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
I have 2 batteries for my njoy 4072. One is always charging while I'm vaping on the other. I find that after 2 hours, the battery is rapidly loosing it's performance but my cartridge is still working. I immediately switch to the battery that's been charging, but it never gets a full 4 hour charge like it needs. I wish there was a long life battery! I've been searching the forum, but can't find the info.

I'm just starting to have the same problem. I have the pen style. I can't help you here yet. There are a lot of people here that might. One is Kate. Her avatar is a nun's habit and smoking a cigar.

How long have you had yours? I've had mine since the 9th of November. Also, are you finding you have to draw stronger. Let's see if I can find Kate.

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
If you sit at the computer for a while have you considered a usb pass through. At least then you could vap whle the batts get a full charge. Would mean being tethered to the comp but don't most of us spend a while just sitting here :)

That's one way, but the battery should last longer than 2 hours. Something isn't right.

Is you red light turning green before you use it? Some have said to leave it charging longer but I am still having the problem.

peachette

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA USA
If you sit at the computer for a while have you considered a usb pass through. At least then you could vap whle the batts get a full charge. Would mean being tethered to the comp but don't most of us spend a while just sitting here :)
I plan on ordering a usb model, but would still like to have a long lasting battery for when I'm away from the computer. Thanks for the advice.

peachette

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA USA
That's one way, but the battery should last longer than 2 hours. Something isn't right.

Is you red light turning green before you use it? Some have said to leave it charging longer but I am still having the problem.
Yes, it's a green light, but it's only on the charger for 2 hours and I think it needs a full 4 hours to really charge properly.

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
I plan on ordering a usb model, but would still like to have a long lasting battery for when I'm away from the computer. Thanks for the advice.

Exactly and I agree. I put in a help cause I need it too. We have the warranty, but my question to NJOY will be, how do we vape if we send them in for replacement.

I know the Service manager and I will ask him about keeping one while. He is gone till Monday. So we have to wait till then.

My only suggestion would to let it charge longer and try not to smoke too much off the cartridge.

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
Another suggestion made and I am going to try it. Let it charge 12 hours. So, go to bed and see if it's better when you wake up. I'd charge the other as soon as you remove the one for a backup incase. Hope this helps. I'm going to do the same thing. KIT

I've requested you as a friend so we can stay in touch.

Last edited:

jimgman

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
delaware
theres been a lot of debate,and even a poll about how long the batteries last. my thoughts are that there is probably more variance in how much people are vaping in a given time, than variance in the batteries themselves. i would venture to guess that you are a heavy vaper since you get 2 hours. ive gotten 7 hours out of the same unit people are claiming 2 from, but they were less than a week old, so i dont know what the drop off is like. i second the usb power for you, i got mine yesterday, and its working great:D

Ripley

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
Dallas Metro, TX

Peachette,

If you're handy with a drill and a soldering iron you may want to try MadDog's Magnum, or Trog's Screwdriver (purchase only).

Granted, you won't get that "cigarette" look, but the batteries definitely last longer. I find I use mine when I'm away from my comp in the house/car, and just use the ecig batts when I'm out in public.

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
theres been a lot of debate,and even a poll about how long the batteries last. my thoughts are that there is probably more variance in how much people are vaping in a given time, than variance in the batteries themselves. i would venture to guess that you are a heavy vaper since you get 2 hours. ive gotten 7 hours out of the same unit people are claiming 2 from, but they were less than a week old, so i dont know what the drop off is like. i second the usb power for you, i got mine yesterday, and its working great:D

Hi jimgman,

I was vaping alot in the beginning and my batteries lasted a good 7-8 hours; NJOY's pen style, and good vapor. Started slowing down and the batteries weren't lasting but a couple hours. Yesterday I let it charge for 7 or more hours. I'm still on the 1st battery since around 7:30 but it's been temper mental and my atomizer is getting pretty warm as to before. It worked really good after a few days of breaking in. Had it since the 11th, and now it acts weird.

I know someone at NJOY and I'm calling them tomorrow and see what he knows. If it's the batteries, I want to see if we, those having problems, can keep one to vape on till replacements come.

I looked and couldn't find a poll or thread on this. Anyone know?

Thanks, Bug

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
Peachette,

If you're handy with a drill and a soldering iron you may want to try MadDog's Magnum, or Trog's Screwdriver (purchase only).

Ha ha ha,

Don't let Trog hear this. No, peachette should not be having this problem. Ya know, some of us ladies are pretty handy with tools, but ya won't see me with those brands.:p I as well as peachette would probably get pretty sick to our stomach vaping 7 hours worth into 2.8-o

Seems some of these chargers are a bit iffy, sometimes the light on mine turns green

after only one hour indicating a full charge, the performance was not good, so now i just

ignore whatever the light tells me and leave it on for 4 hours, much better performance.

keep on womblin!!! :)

I think this is the conclusion some of the veterans have come to regarding the chargers and charging time. I keep mine on charge 4 hours minimum.

Keep in mind too (again this is from earlier discussion, I think Trog or TB or Cash mentioned this), the longer you use the battery, it's capacity for charging diminishes, so while it may not take as long to charge, it's not charging as much as it did when it was new :)cry:My God, that sounds so confusing...sorry 'bout that).

peachette

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA USA
Thanks for all the great advice, but I still wonder if there is a brand that really has longer lasting batteries. I am considering purchasing the 901 or the 4072 from puresmoker. From what I can tell on this forum, they are the preferred models. If you have first hand experience with a battery that lasts longer, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread