Status
Not open for further replies.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Well, I for one hope these Good Ole Boys get their butts trounced in court. Our AG is not capable of being unbiased in this situation. He's a member of this group...

naag.org/naag/about_naag/naag-center-for-tobacco-and-public-health.php

He's probably one of our worst opponents.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Most shops are working on applying for license or moving. The security company that this new bill allows to comply with the original law is requiring recipes to be revealed as part of their contract.

And with the security company's close ties to Monument which lobbied for the original law, this is causing quite a ruckus among producers. (hence the word "shady" sprinkled through that video)

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I'll be in Indy for work tomorrow night, literally just blocks away from Evan's shop, at the Crown Plaza Hotel. If I can find a place to park my school bus I'll have to stop in and see him to say thank you for all his help.

Last edited:

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Anyone who is on Facebook, search for Liberation Vape and hear the video posted this afternoon noon. You'll enjoy it.
You don't have to have a facebook account to watch it.

Liberation Vape

I'm shocked to hear that the only security firm allowed demands all the recipes. I can't imagine what justification they've presented for that.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
The security company that this new bill allows to comply with the original law is requiring recipes to be revealed as part of their contract.
What!? The law requires it or the security company? I cannot see anything legally binding
for a security company needing information like that. This sounds more like a deliberate attempt
to sabotage compliance.
Regards
mike

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
The security company that this new bill allows to comply with the original law is requiring recipes to be revealed as part of their contract.
That is absolutely ridiculous. But there is a relatively easy way around it. Company A is the one who needs the license. Owner of A creates Company B, who does nothing but provide flavorings. So, B buys all the flavorings, mixes the recipes and then sells to A bottles of "Lemon Pound Cake" or "Fruity Loopers". So, A now provides recipe to security company - 6% nic, 34% PG, 50% VG and 10% Fruity Loopers.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
The security company requires the recipes as a condition of the contract. The law specifies the company, by requirements that it must meet, and a contract period of 5 years.

The law just covers testing juice after the fact and the ATC is rather free to test for whatever they want and the shop has to pay for the testing.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
This is perhaps the most amazing load of crap I've seen in the entire vaping world.
And this is only the beginning of the amazing loads of crap to come.

But yeah, props to Indiana lawmakers for being so creative.
It would be nice if they would send out free bottles of Vaseline though.

May God bless those of you who aren't just bending over and taking it.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
The security company requires the recipes as a condition of the contract. The law specifies the company, by requirements that it must meet, and a contract period of 5 years.

The law just covers testing juice after the fact and the ATC is rather free to test for whatever they want and the shop has to pay for the testing.

Oh, and the security company's contract we have seen copies of to the shops that have contacted them has fees based on monthly sales, not a flat fee per square foot of floor, or any usual type of fee.
If what you have said about the politics and politicians in Indiana are true it's time
for the vape shop owners to visit their United States Attorneys office and contact
their US senators. I am not a lawyer but, even I can see there are some very serious
legal issues being trampled on.
The security company can not ask for recipes nor make you pay by monthly sales.
What do you think would happen if they were to try this with Coca-Cola(RT) or,
told the largest mall in the state here's your new contract.
If I remember correctly the owners have to furnish the secured facilities and
monitoring equipment. What exactly is the security company providing that I
with a VPN and a computer couldn't?
Doesn't any one in the state realize if they can do this to the e-cigarette vendors
they can do it to any industry?
Puzzled even though I live in Liberal Lakes Minnesota regards,
Mike
Liberal lakes located just west of Diversityville and 10 miles south
of Hersyourtrophyforbreathing township.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio

Oh, and the security company's contract we have seen copies of to the shops that have contacted them has fees based on monthly sales, not a flat fee per square foot of floor, or any usual type of fee.

This is like a scene out of some scary mafia scarface like movie. Please keep us outsiders up to date and let us know how/if we can help!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
The security firm is providing a rolling fire door certified technician and an architecture certified tech as the law requires. There are no requirements for rolling fire doors or anything, just the techs.

Hoosier Vapers Inc is suing the state of Indiana over this. We are accepting donations and membership fees with everything going to the lawsuit.

Yes, it's a load of crap. Yes, it's cronyism. Yes, we are outraged. Those of us who have sat in on the proceedings and listened to the legislators laugh about closing these businesses down and putting people out of work are livid.

People, like me and Evan, who have been fighting this kind of stuff for years are amused that the realities are just beginning to settle into some folks' heads. I gave more than one speech about the difficulty of these fights and the depth of the dirty tricks they will sink to. I used to be naive, but I popped that cherry many decades ago. I know what politicians are, and I don't consider them human.

We have also been working with another group that is suing Indiana over this in the federal court system. Us, in the state courts and them in the fed. The problem is money. It takes money. That may be outrageous too, but it is a reality. We will fight. If we lose, we plan to keep swinging after the bell rings. We are a small fraction of vapers....that is what is really the issue...just a small fraction is digging into their pockets and keep going forward with the fight.

If we could have pulled just 25% of vapers in the state to the statehouse for a rally, we would have scares them straight long before it came to this. We calculate our best turnout was 0.002%.

That, you wonderful ECF"ers, is the real problem we have. Apathy.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That, you wonderful ECF"ers, is the real problem we have. Apathy.
That has been the problem from the start.
And nothing seems to be working as far as changing that situation.

A slap in the face is what it seems most vapers need.
But I think a kick to the nuts is what they're going to wind up getting.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
@Hoosier I find it incredulous that the Feds are just watching this
happen. You and your friends shouldn't be footing this all alone.
Last i checked Indiana was still a state in the sovereign US of A.
Even Tesla got help I am sure over the objections of the Big 3.
If this all goes through do they really believe all the Indiana vapers
will fall in line and buy from such a corrupt coalition of back slappers?
Talk about black market. Minneapolis is 575 miles northwest of Indiana
via I94. I should invest in a van.
Regards
mike

razorback1984

Mar 6, 2016
the Indiana chamber of commerce is getting involved now too. They recently stopped into my local vape shop to show their support of the vaping community and fight the ridiculous legislation that takes affect july 1st. Im still holding onto the hope that maybe with their support and casaa can stop this profoundly Ludacris bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread