Indulgence V3, 6v not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Just tried it with the 510-HV atty the kit came with and it's working now. Duh!
However;
Can someone please explain why these 16340 3v batteries won't fire a standard 510 atty?
I'm not a big battery pro.
Thanks

Yeah, there's a protection circuit on the batteries that checks the current draw. If the resistance is too high or too low, it won't allow the unit to switch on. This is for the protection of both your safety, and to protect the batteries from getting fried. All 6v and higher setups require HV atties in order to work.

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Helpful post Di, thanks! That cleared up alot.

I've had good luck running the Indulgence on a set of Tenergy 3v RCR123as.
Any reason I can't continue to use these?

I don't see why not, as long as you use them with HV atties only. You could risk causing the batteries to explode in your hand if they don't have protection against over current. If you're using third party batteries and/or mixing and matching parts wrongly, we of course can't take responsibility for damages to you or the unit - in other words, if your warranty is still running, it will be voided if you use batteries that are not approved for the Indulgence, so proceed at your own risk.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Helpful post Di, thanks! That cleared up alot.

I've had good luck running the Indulgence on a set of Tenergy 3v RCR123as.
Any reason I can't continue to use these?
If those are the LiPO4s they should work fine. Almost all the previous 6V vapers used them. They are not protected so there is no protection to trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread