• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

INFINITY mod--first impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Well, it came today, and I managed to finally get the batteries charged. The unit was shipped with a bum charger, but the provari charger I had worked on the batteries for the Infinity.

Looks:

GORGEOUS. It's really a pretty, pretty looking mod. I got a copper colored one with stainless accents and it looks SLICK as hell. It's VERY lightweight. It's long and slim. It's just a little bigger in diameter than the eGo. I love the look.

Machining:

Well, it sure isn't the ProVari. It's not machined as well, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I will say that the batteries fit a little too LOOSE in the unit. I had to stretch the spring on the cap a little to get the batteries to stay put a little better. Had the shaft been about 1/8" shorter, it would fit a lot better. There seems to be a little bit of room for overfill, but I haven't really put that to the test yet. The voltage dial seems a little weak and the tension is a little loose, frankly. I hope it holds up to the use.

Performance:

OK, it's pretty damn NICE in terms of performance--but these are my first impressions. THe voltage LITERALLY DIALS-IN. THere is a nice thumb jog dial that takes the unit from 3.3 to 6v. Now, it doesn't have an ohm meter like the Provari, but really, it doesn't seem to matter, since it's so easy to dial in the perfect voltage. I like this design much better because I don't have to stop and adjust the voltage. I have read a couple of folks who have blown their attys on this unit--I sure hope that is not a serious problem I have with this. So far, it performs really, really nicely. I've used crappy cartos, attys and the clearomizer on it. All of them work very well, again, because of how easy it is to adjust the performance of the Infinity.

The price on this is great, too. Just about $100 for everything.

OH. NO. I think I really do like it better (so far) than the Provari. Then again, I have to give it more than an hour of playing. For SURE, I like how it LOOKS a lot better. And I like the jog dial a lot better.

It's pretty. If it performs well over time, I'm getting another one in silver.

So there ya go. I think it was Whtt who had this at the Parrot--so if he's reading this, thanks man. Good recommendation....so far.:vapor:

Would appreciate anyone who had any tips for me on this!

Last edited:

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Crap now I have to reconsider this unit..... I was all Provari is the way to go. I hadn't really heard much about infinity but I was not really looking either. OK one more day to make my final decision. EW please let me know anything else about this that you think is important.

I'm not ready to declare this "better" than the Provari. In fact, the Provari probably just IS the overall better mod. It's muc more solid. It's highly engineered. It's more finely tuned. It's got a cool LED. But the Infinity is just way less complicated and (to me) is better looking. So far, it works well. Going to give it the big test today at the Superbowl Party.

Last edited:

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
update: used this all day yesterday and i'm pretty happy with it. i really think i'm going to order another one.

the dial-it-in voltage w/your thumb is just great.

the battery life is OK. i got about 12 good hours of life out of it. but it doesn't touch the battery life on my eGos or ProVari. i think in time, and when i get into a groove, that'll get better. downside on batteries: no warning that you're about to go dead. first time the batts died i thought i'd blown an atty.

i have blown a couple of attys on this. however, i think it had more to do w/them being old, and me messing around a lot on the voltage. so far, on a fresh 2.3 atty, i've had no problems now for 36 hours, and i've been harassing it pretty hard with voltage changes.

so, unless the thing breaks in the next week, i'm almost totally satisfied w/this. if it doesn't break in the next week, i'm going to order one in another color, probably black.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Thanks for the updates!
How hard is it to see what the volts are set at? What's the volt range?

Next to impossible to SEE the voltage numbers. Allegedly they are there, but good luck reading the tiny, tiny numbers. The center hash marks is 4.25v, so I'm sort of "feeling" it based on turns from the 4.25v mark. There are 10 marks on the wheel. It goes from 3-6v.

How much longer is it than the eGo? Would/could it be just as easy to stealth with it as an eGo?

The eGo is 3.75 inches; Infinity is 4.875 inches. With an atty+drip tip or carto added, it's 6.5 inches, so no on "stealth" vaping.

It's slim. Only 1/8" bigger diameter than eGo.

It comes in a few color combos: copper w/stainless colored caps; stainless w/stainless colored caps; stainless w/brass colored caps; black w/stainless colored caps and black w/brass colored caps.

I'm kind of ...... I got a DOA charger, and totally discharged batteries upon arrival. However, since I had the charger for the provari batteries, I was able to get it fired up in a few hours. BTW, I got almost 20 hours on the last set of batteries that I just threw in the charger. That's not bad at all for battery life. I've been using a 2.3 atty at about 4.8 volts on these batteries.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
found some copper colored attys:) so i ordered them. that'll look pretty slick!

oh, and the "large" eGo case works perfectly with this without having to remove atty/tip. stores (5) 3ml juices, and two spare batteries, and 4-5 spare attys/tips Just FYI. (the "small" eGo case also works, but you have to remove the atty/tip)

and the "large" eGo case ALSO works w/the Provari w/o having to remove the atty/tip as well. it will hold the ProVari (with extender cap), 2 backup batteries (of either size), (3) 3ml bottles of juice and 3-4 spare attys/tips.

Last edited:

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
UPDATE: the button got stuck, and nearly started a fire in the case. NICE. ugh. the button is now stuck on. any suggestions, or just send the thing back?
I was just looking for info on their site - can't find a 'manual' that goes in depth. The 'Buzz' manual states, "There are no user replaceable parts". If you can (unstick it) I still wouldn't trust it - for very long. Time to email the company...

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
I was just looking for info on their site - can't find a 'manual' that goes in depth. The 'Buzz' manual states, "There are no user replaceable parts". If you can (unstick it) I still wouldn't trust it - for very long. Time to email the company...

ugh. i already emailed the guy about the DOA charger. Now this. I'm .......

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Dang girl....you sure do have some nasty mod karma going on!

Hopefully things are worked out and replacements are all on their way, if not there already.....

tell me about it. provape did send a replacement, so that's all working fine, now. good CS at that company, i'll say! still haven't gotten a response from NotCigs on the Infinity. the guy is probably irritated with me at this point, i've emailed him so much. sigh. it was so pretty, too. bad mod karma indeed. maybe i should just quit while i'm ahead w/the provari. the new one works perfectly. am vaping it right now, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread