• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Info from my pharmacist I thought I would share

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
I was talking in depth to my pharmacist the other day about nicotine, PG, VG, and e-cigs. He spent a good 45 minutes of his 1 hour lunch with me talking about the good, the bad, the ugly about e-cigs. What he told me is pretty much what everyone already knows, but here it is

PG is an oily substance that entirely gets absorbed into the body before it hits the lungs. In the doses we take in an e-cig we would have to puff much much more then is humanly possible to have any adverse effects. Food Grade PG in e-cigs is completely safe.

VG again is an oily substance and behaves exactly the same as mentioned above. No harm can come of inhaling VG in the doses we use. It is all absorbed by the body and has absolutely no chance of accumulating in the lungs causing pneumonia. My doctor concurred with this.

Nicotine, we did talk about 100mg nicotine, He was telling me the he used to work with 500mg nicotine. I asked him if he was crazy, he just laughed. He worked for a tobacco company as a chemist and told me 100mg is ok if you use gloves mask and eye protection, the absorption rate of nic on the skin is very low, most of it evaporates before getting into the blood stream, if you do spill it on yourself just wash the area with soap and water asap. Thats as much as I will say on Nic cuz I know it will ruffle feathers and cause another war. He told me lots more I will not share.

My pharmacist is actually buying an e-cig, He is not a fan of NRT's and wish e-cigs were legal. my Doctor told me he will advocate for the legalization of e-cigs. Both feel e-cigs are a way better alternative to the also addicting NRTS like the gum.

My pharmacist is a smoker and tried my ego and was blown away. If more pharmacists and doctors know about e-cigs only good things can happen.

Actually VG and PG are more like a sugary substance but a slow sugar, and metabolized out very well. No oils in them.
I had a good discussion with my Holistic PHD, who practices "life extension". He was actually quite thrilled with the products contents when informed.

But there is the rub. Many doctors are just not on top of the contents. Both of my regular doctors were not.

Pig

Motivaper

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2010
Vancouver BC
My pharmacist is actually buying an e-cig, He is not a fan of NRT's and wish e-cigs were legal. my Doctor told me he will advocate for the legalization of e-cigs. Both feel e-cigs are a way better alternative to the also addicting NRTS like the gum.

My pharmacist is a smoker and tried my ego and was blown away. If more pharmacists and doctors know about e-cigs only good things can happen.

Do you think, or could you ask if both would write a letter on their letterhead indicating support? This kind of support by the health care community is important to start to gather!

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
Do you think, or could you ask if both would write a letter on their letterhead indicating support? This kind of support by the health care community is important to start to gather!

I agree to have a registered pharmacist back this up and willing to write it on letterhead, signed and dated would be a huge asset for the voices we need to continue our fight to freedom of vaping with nicotine products if we so choose.

Motivaper

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2010
Vancouver BC
I will see my pharmacist monday and see if he will put on letterhead his support. Remember this guy is working with Big Pharma, I dont know if this is a conflict of interest for him or not. Guess we will find out.

He'll just be able to sell products that work to replace the ones he sells that don't!

Interesting post, IanK, Thanks.

I think more and more doctors will get on board with this in the future.

My Brother-in-law works in the medical supply industry (in the states) and he said he knows lots of pulminologists that would go nuts for E-cigs. The doctors get the point with patients where they are literally going to die soon if they don't stop smoking, and the doctors would give them ANYTHING to get them to stop, as long as it was only marginally less deadly.

All this stuff just takes time. I think society will eventually come around.

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
I will see my pharmacist monday and see if he will put on letterhead his support. Remember this guy is working with Big Pharma, I dont know if this is a conflict of interest for him or not. Guess we will find out.
My sister is a pharmacist and owns Rexall Drugs in the Crowsnest Pass. I am going to ask her as well, and see if she can write a letter and then if we need it for our fight to freedom, then I will have it.

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
My sister is a pharmacist and owns Rexall Drugs in the Crowsnest Pass. I am going to ask her as well, and see if she can write a letter and then if we need it for our fight to freedom, then I will have it.

That would be good, its easier for someone who owns their own store then a guy who works for one. I will talk to the owner to.

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
lol that helps too. We are good friends with the owners so who knows, let you know Monday
You know, I have never asked my sister about ecigs. She actually just found out I was a smoker at christmas time, this was before I started vaping. I started vaping a month later. She was just appauled and said how did no one not know? I was pretty sneaky..hehehehehe...but this is sparked my interest, to see, as a family member, and a pharmacist where she personally stands on the subject. I have a sneaky suspicion she has never even heard of ecigs. Her town is pretty small. Hard to say if she has ever come across anyone there that has an ecig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread