• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I just got back from my Doctor..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntariAuLait

Sep 23, 2011
Canada
How long can we figure before Phillip Morris starts making e-juice?

I honestly don't know why they haven't started already. They have the $ for Research and Development, they really should just be working on making a juice that matches their brand flavours instead of (maybe) whining about this new competition and/or working out shady ways to stop it. They can legally market it under their own trademarked cig names, so they have that going for them.

Basically they should have realized by now that if you can't beat em', join em!

torozzgrl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Ontario
www.stinkycanuck.com
hopefully never, rather not have them start putting thousands of chemicals in my e-juice so i get addicted to it.

Well we're already addicts but I hear ya! They'd conjure up some concoction with 2000+ more chemicals in it and charge the same $ as a pack if smokes and of course there'd be no health benefits. I'd still buy black market or make my own lol

wreimer

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
I hate to say it but we're still very much a fringe market, not worth their investment. Despite the rapidly increasing number of vapers, we're still only a fraction of a percentage of the number of smokers. We don't even match the number of habitual patch and gum users yet, and no major tobacco companies have done much more than dip their toes in the waters of alternate nicotine delivery systems, despite their having been around for decades now.
Ask youself when the last time you saw a vaper "in the wild"...one that you didn't introduce to vaping yourself. Odds are that unless you've been to a meet-up, you've never seen one. Now ask the same thing about smokers. Until our numbers increase by orders of magnitude, we don't pose an economic threat, and therefore we are not of the slightest interest to major tobacco producers.
We don't fit their business models...not at all. to be honest, there are FAR more recreational ......... users than there are vapers...THEY do fit the tobacco companies business model, far more closely, and you don't see Philip Morse lobbying for legalizing pot.
It's not likely that you're going to see a major North American company manufacturing juice, or e-cigs in most of our lifetimes. It's pretty simple econoomics...they will go where the money is, and it ISN"T in vaping...yet.

OntariAuLait

Sep 23, 2011
Canada
lol, don't get me wrong...I'd rather smoke bathtub brew than DuMaurier brand e-juice anyday. I also don't genuinely think they'd stop interfering with the cottage industry efforts, but in my little fantasy, having to compete with everyone else would put pressure on them to keep it cleaner. I can see a downside though, it does attach the idea of e-cigs to the real thing, even more than now. Also, if they start doing it, we might get "fun" flavours taken away across the board and be left with Menthol...again.

I wish, daily (desperately!), that HC would officially just say "smoke em if ya got em" and let us do our thing. And not just the big corporations!

Still, I'm sure someone's job over there is to plan for e-juice. They are likely sucking up all of our useful DIY info, watching to see the side effects of our guinea pigs, and waiting for someone official to say it's okay to sell. They probably have the labels and bottles all mocked up already. :p

shockabsorber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
Montreal
Yeah, it'll take them (big pharma) a bit of time to develop a product, because the active ingredient is nic. Nic is a naturally occurring chemical, and you cannot copyright a naturally occurring chemical, you have to tweak it. (some of you may already know this but, that "tweaking" is generally what causes all those negative side effects from pharmaceuticals as opposed to using naturally occurring medications. That's a topic for another time though)

DeJaVou42

Verified Member
Oct 31, 2011
Tennessee
Great news!! :) I've been vaping for just over 4mths and still get sinus infections (that I was sure would stop once I quit smoking) ...anyway, about 2 mths ago I was at the doc's for my sinuses and told him I quit and told him how and showed him my provari. I gave him a demonstration as well and he just chuckled and said 'well lets see how long this lasts'. He's been our family doc for 20+ yrs and has tried time and time again to get me to quit. At one point I was on nicorette gum on and off as well as smokes (not at the same time) and he said I could chew that for the rest of my life and it won't kill me. Not harmful at all. So..last week I was there again for another sinus infection and he mentioned smoking and I said I told you 2 mths ago that I quit so he looks it up in his computer and says oh yeah! I pulled out my trusted provari and showed him again. This time though, he stuck his nose right into the vape I was exhaling. He couldn't smell a thing haha and then said "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE QUIT!" ( VERY LOUDLY) then congratulated me, told me my e-cig looks ridiculous (lol - and really it does) and said Keep it up! I should have asked him to write a letter to HC too! :)

I used to get sinus infections all the time too (about every two months). I thought it was due to smoking just like you did, but I managed to find a fix for them before I quit. I also used to have horrible allergies, and I finally went in to get tested to find out what I was allergic to. Since I started allergy shots about a year ago, I haven't had a single sinus infection! You might want to look into allergy testing. I hope this info helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread