Innokin Itaste 134

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3tick

Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
Denver, CO
There have been a number of reviews on this already, but I thought I'd add my penny or two...

First off, it seems to work well. Having a constant wattage has made it perform very consistent vape through two tanks (using a J-tank). After suffering a few days with an older mechanical mod, this is heaven.

And yes, it's big. It's heavy. It's beautiful.

Gripes: the button is nice so far, but your thumb covers the lights that give you the battery status. Also, the quality of the surface of the button is below what I'd expect given the rest of the device. It's not perfectly flat, but it's not textured, either. It just looks like a cheap zinc casting. I had problems with my Volcano LavaTube for the button just not working right after a few months (more like 10 now), and sent it back for repair/replacement, and am hoping this one at least works right for longer.

The mod overall is nice hefty stainless steel, which makes it feel nigh-indestructible. You're not going to lose this one easily, but it might break your toe if you drop it!

Finally, some have griped that the numbers are hard to read. I got the black one, and it's indeed a little hard to read. However, I had a simple fix for this: a china white grease pencil and about two minutes, and it's bright and clear. There's a little dot over the 6.5 that I had to carefully clean afterwards, but rubbing a the pencil across the numbers and wiping it off with a kleenex has made this problem gone. I imagine if you have a silver one, you'll want a black grease pencil instead.

I do like that the settings don't change due to a battery swap - the advantages of at least a mechanical switch. And yes, the end cap takes a little bit away from the quality, as it's chromed... something rather than bare SS.

Here's a couple photos for showing the grease pencil effect, with standard apology for using my cell phone to take them. 20130916_191446.jpg 20130916_191503.jpg

th3tick

Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
Denver, CO
Agreed I love this mod but one thing my button is flat idk if its something they changed but it is. I don't care how bulky and big it is I love it.

Yeah, so far I love it too. The button is "flat", but just not perfectly flat as I'd expect with the quality of the rest of the mod. I'll see if I can get some closeups of the button to show my point.

How long have you had your 134's? Although made in China, would you say the quality of the device would hold up in longevity in comparison with say, a standard ProVari? I want a unique piece because I have a particular taste for not only performance but nonconformity. I also feel this mod has a bit of a darker feel, befitting for only those who believe they can wield its power. Ok, all nerdiness aside, I want a mod that is going to last me some time and not break down for cheap reasons like crappy buttons or microprocessor failure.

Also, is the 134 regulated? I have reason to believe it isn't but I figured I'd ask anyway. If I were to buy one of these, I'd be moving up from a Vamo V5. I know vaping and mods are subjective but do you think I'd like it going from a more digital mod to mostly a "mech" mod without the LCD? I don't think I'd mind, really.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread