Status
Not open for further replies.

doctadrea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Maui
I love love love my VTR!
It makes me laugh how so many big guys (I'm looking at you, pbusardo) go on and on about the weight. I'm 5'1", small hands, barely over 100lbs... and have veeeeery low hand strength due to a disability. It isn't too heavy for me. I bought it for the compact height, and sure, finding a topper you love that fits into the ring can be a pain, but thankfully I like cartotanks and the 19mm xl fits perfectly.
It lasts for days on my panasonic 3400s, it looks cool, and it isn't fragile.
+1 for worries about toes, though. I never wear shoes, so it's just a matter of time.

Dr.Quantum

Dec 25, 2013
United States
What will you be upgrading from?

Im upgrading from a cig-a-like lol, i know its a massive difference but hey go big or go home right. Iv had eGos befor but nothing like the vtr or anything that has vv. So what iv gotten from everything everyone has said is that the vtr is rugged, well built, versatile when it comes to tanks, and overall just well built. Plus its heavy enough to put into a sock and bash zombie brains in during the apocalypse and still be usable. ... yep im sold. Anyone got a personal preference or recommendation on what tank or clearamizor to use with the vtr because ill be honest im not to keen on a swiveling mouth piece.

Edit: also any recommendation on batterys for the beast.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Im upgrading from a cig-a-like lol, i know its a massive difference but hey go big or go home right. Iv had eGos befor but nothing like the vtr or anything that has vv. So what iv gotten from everything everyone has said is that the vtr is rugged, well built, versatile when it comes to tanks, and overall just well built. Plus its heavy enough to put into a sock and bash zombie brains in during the apocalypse and still be usable. ... yep im sold. Anyone got a personal preference or recommendation on what take or clearamizor to use with the vtr because ill be honest im not to keen on a swiveling mouth piece.

Your regular eGo battery drops off in voltage as you use it.

A regulated system has voltage regulation keeping the voltage to the coil constant (and you choose the voltage you want).

A simple regulated one would be like the eGo twist, or vision spinner

Then we go to VW, which I highly recommend:
Then the upgrade from that would be the Innokin iTaste VV3 passthrough battery, which offers power regulation (VW) as well.
Final battery upgrade is the MVP high capacity passthrough battery which seems to be the best bang for the buck;

Upgrade from batteries is the battery tubes/boxes:
Such as the SID, SVD, VAMO, Zmax.
Typicall they take the 18650 size rechargeable batteries (18 mm diameter by 65 mm length)
Sometimes they come in stainless steel, sometimes you get the cheap chromeplated brass knockoffs
Theres a new one called e-ltc or something

theres one called the tesla

Upgrade from that is the top of the line type tubes/boxes:
EVIC, VTR, 134, (some might put the SID in this class, I dunno);

Finally there's the Provari; maybe the only one manufacturered and fixed in the USA; most expensive of them, but high quality; and incredibly, does not have VW, and is 510-only threaded

batteries: you want IMR batteries:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected-icr.html

doctadrea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Maui
Yea, you could spend a million dollars upgrading incrementally,
or you could just cut out the middle steps and go straight to a VTR (I won't touch the provari discussion with a 10' pole).

I think you're making an excellent choice. However, for zombies, I'd suggest a mech mod. VTRs are better suited to barroom brawls.

Bigfro23

Verified Member
Received my VTR yesterday.....finally got a batt/charger today and so far I'm incredibly impressed!! Have yet to try the iclear30, but that's partly due to the fact that icant get the cap off to fill it!! Been running the protank2/3 and the have indeed been vaping strong!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Dr.Quantum

Dec 25, 2013
United States
Dr, Didn't mean to hijack your thread here. Thought it would be a good chance to grab some feedback.
Lol no offense taken ill get some good feedback as well "besides worse things have happened in life lol"
I looked at the Provari video on the website and that just too meny "press the button" for me. Im sure its a good device but not for me. Iv been looking at tanks and what not and was wondering if anyone knew of a 5ml tank thats is compatible with the vtr without the extender thing.
Yea, you could spend a million dollars upgrading incrementally,
or you could just cut out the middle steps and go straight to a VTR (I won't touch the provari discussion with a 10' pole).

I think you're making an excellent choice. However, for zombies, I'd suggest a mech mod. VTRs are better suited to barroom brawls.
Lol well at least ths way ill be able to some kind of protection passed the door mans pat down lol

Last edited:

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
Received my VTR yesterday.....finally got a batt/charger today and so far I'm incredibly impressed!! Have yet to try the iclear30, but that's partly due to the fact that icant get the cap off to fill it!! Been running the protank2/3 and the have indeed been vaping strong!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk
Thats great!
On a side note, I strongly advice you to take the top cap off that iclear30s and give it a try. I have a feeling that once you try it, your protank wont get much use anymore. ;)

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
Folks, what is the life/hours your getting out of your VTR daily? I know different batteries will effect on the outcome but I'd like to get an idea.
For me is little under a day, but i vape A LOT, i get about the same hours from the VTR, that i do from the SVD or the eVic.

EDIT: Just remembered, the eVic i used with the (better) samsung batteries that i bought with it, the VTR i been using some cheapo batteries ibe had for nearly 2 years that came with my lavatube. (the idea is to wear them out & throw them away).
So im thinking the samsung ones should give me more hours in the VTR that they did with the eVic.
Will give it a try.

Last edited:

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
Im upgrading from a cig-a-like lol, i know its a massive difference but hey go big or go home right. Iv had eGos befor but nothing like the vtr or anything that has vv. So what iv gotten from everything everyone has said is that the vtr is rugged, well built, versatile when it comes to tanks, and overall just well built. Plus its heavy enough to put into a sock and bash zombie brains in during the apocalypse and still be usable. ... yep im sold. Anyone got a personal preference or recommendation on what tank or clearamizor to use with the vtr because ill be honest im not to keen on a swiveling mouth piece.

of all the clearos ibe tried, my favorite hans down is the iClear30S that comes with the VTR.
I dont like the swiveling driptip either, but you can just unscrew it, and fit one that you do like.

VTR with adapter and Octopus RDA.
VTROcto.jpg

VTR ring drilled to fit iClear 30b.
VTRI30B.jpg

Dr.Quantum

Dec 25, 2013
United States
of all the clearos ibe tried, my favorite hans down is the iClear30S that comes with the VTR.
I dont like the swiveling driptip either, but you can just unscrew it, and fit one that you do like.
Thanks for all the information! Im glad i dont have to go hunting for clearamizor's lol now its drip tips.

SPACKlick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Durham, UK
The batteries i got with it are the Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh. Hopefully thats the good ones since they cost the most lol. again thanks for all the good info on this device

From what I've read, while the NCR 18650 B's are a good battery, they suffer from high internal resistance and low output amperage. They're hybrids that don't swing towards the high drain end of things. If you're only vaping at reasonably low voltages no problem but. [The below stolen from Provape

The VTR uses an internal DC/DC converter that continuously monitors the output to the atomizer load and maintains a constant voltage with an output current limit of 5amps. This output voltage is usually higher than the input battery voltage, depending on what the VTR is adjusted to.
Battery output current is NOT the same as VTR output current.
Here is an example that shows why. When the VTR is putting out 4.5 volts at 2.4 amps into an atomizer load, that calculates to be 11 watts.
That means the battery has to supply 11 watts to the VTR, at a minimum. In reality it is more because nothing is 100% efficient.
If the battery voltage is 3.9 volts it will need to supply 11 watts / 3.9 volts or 2.821 amps minimum. Because nothing is 100% efficient, let's add that in. Most Innokin devices are 90% to 95% efficient. Picking the worst case, 90%, the battery current must now need to be 2.821 amps/ .9 = 3.134 amps. That is a more realistic current draw, but it could be even higher.
WHY?
Let's take a look at what happens when the battery voltage droops lower than 3.9 volts. At 3.5 volts the battery current goes up to 3.5 amps.
But it can be even higher still when the battery droops to near end of charge, say 3.2 volts. The battery output current now goes to 3.82 amps. And we have to keep in mind that this is ONLY the average current. Because the VTR converter is a pulsing device, the pulsed battery current can be a factor of 2 higher than the average current.
The battery needs to supply pulsed currents of nearly 8 amps. These engineering calculations show why you need a high quality, Low Internal resistance battery to supply what the VTR converter needs.
Where does the internal resistance come into play? According to ohms law, when you are drawing 1 amp out of the battery , the battery voltage will droop .1 volts for every .1 ohms of battery internal resistance.
At 4 amps this means the battery voltage is no longer 3.7 volts but 3.3 volts.

It SHOULD be fine if you keep the battery charged and don't push the power too high but you're a little closer to the limit than you would have been with say the NCR18650PF 2900 mAh High Drain they provide which can amp up to 10A

TWalker

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
NM
Im looking at up grading to the innokin iTaste VTR. A guy i semi work with has it and he cant shut up about it. However its also his first PV ever so i thought i should ask the people here first about battery life, construction, and anything else that might be important that im missing. Here's the link .
Innokin iTaste VTR

I can't shut up about mine either so I'll chime in. I got my Jungle Green VTR off of Ebay for $68 and when it came it was the updated version with stationary wheel. I was happy. It performs flawlessly so far.

It is an absolute beast in its build and quality, feel and weight, and performance. I call it the hand grenade because of its look and feel even though there is another mod called the hand grenade. It also is just a nice looking device, aesthetically attractive, a conversation piece compared to the masses of tubes out there.

I've always wanted to something similar to the original sidewinder mod made flat from a cell battery way back when. SideWinder e-cig mod reviews

The Iclear 30s has gotta go though unless there is a glass tank for it but I like the knucklehead swivel tip for this box.
So I'm hooking mine up with the Protank 2 and swivel drip tip.

This way I can rebuild if need be and use my cinnamon juices in a glass tank.

The VTR is different than anything I have ever had and if it lasts the test time it would have to be single best device I have ever used.

Pro: Too many to list. Its a dream device.

Cons: The button could be higher for my thumb
Too Heavy
It could have an adjustable ring or some better way to fit some larger rebuildable tanks

(But it does have the adapter for most any other tank possible)

I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread