Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I have a black Oceanus with the Scion. Sad to say I was a little - just a little - disappointed. Although it's accurate, the feature set is a bit underwhelming when compared to other 20700 and other Innokin Aethon based devices. It works as advertised, but I just wanted more.

The Scion is right in the same bracket. It works as advertised, the bubble tank is kinda cool, the rba section is, well, just another velocity decked rba section, but the proprietary, delrin threaded drip tip is less than stellar IMO.

IF they had adapted all the Aethon features, and IF they had used a steel top cap with a replaceable 510/810 drip tip, the kit would have blown me away.

As it is... meh...

ETA: Coming with 2 x 20700 cells in silicon sleeves does make a HUGE difference, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I have a black Oceanus with the Scion. Sad to say I was a little - just a little - disappointed. Although it's accurate, the feature set is a bit underwhelming when compared to other 20700 and other Innokin Aethon based devices. It works as advertised, but I just wanted more.

The Scion is right in the same bracket. It works as advertised, the bubble tank is kinda cool, the RBA section is, well, just another velocity decked RBA section, but the proprietary, delrin threaded drip tip is less than stellar IMO.

IF they had adapted all the Aethon features, and IF they had used a steel top cap with a replaceable 510/810 drip tip, the kit would have blown me away.

As it is... meh...

ETA: Coming with 2 x 20700 cells in silicon sleeves does make a HUGE difference, though.

Thanks Shawn, I was going to ask you how you liked your Oceanus. If the lack of features you are referring to is no TC, that doesn't bother me as I was wanting a simple powered VV/VW device. I don't need all the bells and whistles, just the vape. I'm not to worried about the tank, it is just an extra tank, If I like it I will use it and if not it's a spare for the Vapacolypse box. So other than the cons you mentioned, how does it vape?

Last edited:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Thanks Shawn, I was going to ask you how you liked your Oceanus. If the lack of features you are referring to is no TC, that doesn't bother me as I was wanting a simple powered VV/VW device. I don't need all the bells and whistles, just the vape. I'm not to worried about the tank, it is just an extra tank, If I like it I will use it and if not it's a spare for the Vapacolypse box. So other than the cons you mentioned, how does it vape?
I like it, and it vapes fine. Legendary Innokin quality. It just didn't have any kind of wow factor. Hard to explain... I coukd find no real cons, but no solid pros, either. It's just another device, y'know...
The only concern that I would have with the Oceanus is how long will a battery last at 70-80 watts?

Maybe @Shawn Hoefer can answer that for me:)
About as long as running an LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q, but with less strain on the device and batteries. If you've run an iStick Pico 25 or Smok Al85 or any of the other crop of 80 watt single cell mods on the market, the performance isn't that much different, but you'll not see that voltage sag quite so soon, and the device will run cooler.
I didn't get the RBA with the CoolFire Ultra kit. From what I've seen only the Oceanus kit comes with the RBA.

Zero leaking with the stock coils though.
There is an available RBA for the iSub line, if ya really wanna...

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I like it, and it vapes fine. Legendary Innokin quality. It just didn't have any kind of wow factor. Hard to explain... I coukd find no real cons, but no solid pros, either. It's just another device, y'know...About as long as running an LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q, but with less strain on the device and batteries. If you've run an iStick Pico 25 or Smok Al85 or any of the other crop of 80 watt single cell mods on the market, the performance isn't that much different, but you'll not see that voltage sag quite so soon, and the device will run cooler.There is an available RBA for the iSub line, if ya really wanna...

Yes, I understand no wow factor, still just what I was looking for. Thanks for your thoughts. I think the fact that mine will be purple is my wow factor, other than that it is just a plain and simple device :) But I do look forward to trying out the RBA on the Scion tank.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
so wondering if this is SOMETHING I missed, or if is new... ?
a big square box, with a DNA 75 chip in it... o_O
View attachment 670967

I just don't recall seeing it before and how about contacting the design team :shock:

:blink:

Interesting. This video shows a little bit of the inside. Looks well made possibly.

Reactions: whodat2112

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
Interesting. This video shows a little bit of the inside. Looks well made possibly.

I believe, and it's very possible that I am wrong, that this is sold in Europe, but haven't found any U.S. sellers. Not that I am interested in DNA chip as I am a wattage vaper only. But it does look nice.

• Agree
Reactions: gofishtx

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
I wanna buy something, and it's down to the Oceanus Kit, or another Coolfire Ultra kit.

Pro's for Oceanus
Replaceable battery
RTA comes with Kit
Batteries come with kit

Cons for Oceanus
110 Watts (what if I move on to something that requires more wattage?) although I never thought I would be enjoying 70 watts:)
Price - Although I have found a very good price ($52.00), but it's a Chinese vendor (not Fast/Slow tech) and I have ordered from this vendor once and received my goods relatively quickly.

Pros for Ultra
150 watts
Very good price ($38.00) - white only

Cons for Ultra
Built in battery - when battery dies mod become a paperweight - Although I have gotten great lifespans from all of my other Innokin mods.
No RTA included in kit.

Or do I wait and see if the "Atlas" 200 watt is a reality.

I hate decisions
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I believe, and it's very possible that I am wrong, that this is sold in Europe, but haven't found any U.S. sellers. Not that I am interested in DNA chip as I am a wattage vaper only. But it does look nice.

Vapor Authority in California stocks them in a USA warehouse according to their website.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
My Scion came with one .50 and one .28 coil. I don't like the .28 but love the .50. I ordered more of the .50 but they won't be here until Monday. So I just did a rinse under hot water for a few mins and blew out the excess water, returned to tank and it seems to have helped a lot. Hopefully it will get me till Monday:)

Also, with the Scion, I see myself mixing LOTS more juice :) ( I DIY )

Deepfried

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
oklahoma
Few more pics.
96f27992beeacb80b1b8384c4c00dac1.jpg
a8838b7938dfbdcc8f528b9412750c5f.jpg
face0d8325d39fda27e1a1891e256346.jpg
edfb6ca3887050c44e1b642018883ff7.jpg
6e216ee6a422fc999a8f1d320cec2cdb.jpg

I can't stress enough how solid this thing is. If they issued out vape mods in the military, this would be standard issue.
Update. This thing is still going strong. My wife uses it now and won't let me have it back. She loves it. Still as good as the day I got it. And that was over a year ago.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I got the Oceanus and am trying it out now. It is comparable to the Kanger Subox in size and shape, just a tad taller to accommodate the battery. The Scion tank is nice and has good flavor on the installed triple coil .5 ohms. So far no leaks. The build deck is a nice size velocity style. I will be coiling and wicking it as soon as I burn out the factory coil. Nothing spectacular but a decent pocket set-up in a plain and simple VV/VW mod. Going good at 70 watts right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread