Inserting the inner cart on the 401

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
Using the paperclip method (either end), I found that it was possible (even likely) to push the cart too far down into the mouthpiece.
Actually, you won't push the cart to far down using a paperclip. Inside the mouthpiece, there is a plastic piece that sticks up from the bottom, to stop the cart in just the correct position. This keeps the wick at the proper depth.

Use the plastic cart stopper.
This is always to hand and places the inner cart perfectly in the mouthpiece.
Using the stopper to push the cart in does work, but sometimes they are a pita to push in all the way. Besides, they are not always handy. For example if you are topping off, you probably don't have a stopper handy, but you do have a paperclip. :)

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
We'll agree to disagree on this one. I am speaking from my own experience over the last 6 months of trying different methods for everything.

My stopper is always to hand, and I have jammed the inner cart in too far using the paperclip on numerous occasions, causing restricted air flow, but I have never had a problem inserting the stopper.

Everyone has different methods and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for someone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread