The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Inserting the inner cart on the 401

Discussion in 'M-401/402 "Mini" & M403 Super Mini' started by Ez Duzit, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ez Duzit

Ez Duzit Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    Southern California
    Actually, you won't push the cart to far down using a paperclip. Inside the mouthpiece, there is a plastic piece that sticks up from the bottom, to stop the cart in just the correct position. This keeps the wick at the proper depth.

Using the stopper to push the cart in does work, but sometimes they are a pita to push in all the way. Besides, they are not always handy. For example if you are topping off, you probably don't have a stopper handy, but you do have a paperclip. :)

2. Angela

Angela Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2009
    Hertfordshire, England
    We'll agree to disagree on this one. I am speaking from my own experience over the last 6 months of trying different methods for everything.

My stopper is always to hand, and I have jammed the inner cart in too far using the paperclip on numerous occasions, causing restricted air flow, but I have never had a problem inserting the stopper.

Everyone has different methods and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for someone else.

3. Ez Duzit

Ez Duzit Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    Southern California
    Truer words were never spoken. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.